• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii) Online - Final Weekend - Get Exclusive Items!

I figured we should start a NeoGAF call out to get online with The Last Story before GameSpy shuts down the Nintendo WFC servers.

NINTENDO WI-FI CONNECTION SHUT DOWN:
t1400594400z1.png

Overview:

Try to get as many of the online exclusive items before servers shut down on May 20th.

There are five weapons in co-op (one per boss) which are acquired for beating a boss, each weapon can be upgraded to +5 with materials procured from repeating the specific boss. There are four weapons and three (?) exclusive materials in deathmatch, these are awarded randomly by winning first place (weapons first, then materials). There are thirty-one exclusive effect dyes which are awarded by not getting first or last place in deathmatch, although a small number are given for last place initially. There are two more weapons which are rare drops by getting first place in either co-op or deathmatch mode.

"I haven't started single player yet," or "I am not far in single player."

Everybody plays with equal stats on deathmatch mode and your equipped weapon is just for looks.

For co-op, levels don't count but equipment does. You may be able to get most of the weapons if you join a group with one or two later game players and follow the tips I'll post later in the FAQ. Small groups and groups with all early players probably won't accomplish much here, unfortunately.

If you haven't started yet at all, just start a new game and play the first chapter or two. You'll get the basic controls down and you can at least jump into deathmatch and get effect dyes.

How Do I Join/Play?

Post you Last Story fried code (you can get this from the Friend Roster option in the main multiplayer menu) ALONG WITH WHAT REGION YOU GAME IS FROM.

Add everybody from your game's region in the OP.

Once the set time begins, connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, then select Friends and select the match type (we will probably focus on deathmatch).

If there are no active lobbies after a little bit, you may try to host one. Communicate here if you are hosting. Let's try to keep lobbies as full as possible, if there are three hosts sitting with two player lobbies, back out and fill up another room.

If you are not the host, and especially if the lobby is full or near full, don't be the one letting the clock run down because you haven't set your ready status.

The host may opt to back out and restart the clock if the lobby needs more players. If this happens, just try to join again.

Keep an eye on this thread, refresh after a match or two on a laptop/mobile if possible for communication.

Co-Op Tips from evnamisha.

Kraken: Get the small fry out of the way, and when the boss appears, throw a healing bomb to the boss so any weak party members chaining don't get 2-hit.

Cocoon: Leave the green bombs for when the boss transforms. Do your best to make sure all the small fry (especially the mages who cast the field-wide anti-regen thing) are out of the way. Throw the green bombs in the path of the stampeding transformed boss, and when he runs over them, he gets dazed and his shields go down, making for easy chains until he regains composure and knocks everyone out of the way. When he's not transformed, he'll periodically start a projectile animation. If you're being targeted, start somersaulting out of the way, as this devastating attack can be avoided.

Nibirous: You have to pick up the Silver Arrows from around the field, and use them on the boss to weaken its shield. When its shield is down, you can chain. Not complicated.

If you're inexperienced, you're not useless. Wait until opportune moments to chain. Your chain bonuses greatly increase the damage output of higher level players, so it's critical you get in there and start stacking chains. Also, for these three stages ^^^ don't diffuse magic unless someone is incessantly dropping circles and lagging players. The later dragon boss map is fairly large and diffusing healing circles there isn't uncommon.
For Muruk, you'll need one fire magic dude and one Ice Magic dude, should be simple enough to figure out from there.

There doesn't seem to be a specific strategy for Atar (at least in the match I had), just wallop, dodge and pray (haha).

North American Group:

PixyJunket: 2065-6331-6069.
alanias: 2066-3884-3061.
meow: 1764-9831-4151.
i-Jest: 1808-6904-0293.
Soul Beat: 4901-0668-7160.
Fancykong: 5029-9159-1705.
Fandangox: 2710-1062-2538.
Penguin: 4599-6655-7704.
cj_iwakura: 1851-6401-5449.
evanmisha: 5115-1639-0836.
The Crimson Kid: 1808-6904-4600.
creid: 3440-0552-8252.
Yukiari: 2367-0362-4748.
astrogamer: 3569-6271-2311.
foxuzamaki: 2667-6839-7977.
Esque7: 3354-5745-3269.
Eusis: 1292-5288-4546.
Miroku129: 4858-0245-2316.
Northeastmonk: 2753-5834-8576.
EdLin: 4127-9731-5757.
Hibiki Kurosawa: 4170-9226-8099.
Varshes: 3097-1809-1129.
Toad.T: 1593-9406-4700.
Jane Mansfield: 3999-0482-0734.
Ruhe69 (offsite): 2367-0273-7070.
TunaLover: 5372-8600-9155.
I am Christina Aguilera: 2023-3534-7810.
IceIpor: 3826-7265-7466.
neto: 2151-6527-4735.
SatoAilDarko: 3655-5275-5680.
HungOverOnATues: 1379-1949-1826.
Aexact: 4256-1793-0273.
Terrible_Majesty: 4213-8732-2498.
oni_saru: 4557-4699-3736.
BTA: 0820-8496-3016.
Jomjom: 4600-4209-5871.

European Group:

Samurai_Heart: 1765-7407-0888.
kunonabi: 2494-9974-5567.
1337: 0563-1492-0327.
Dee Dee: 0949-6971-6709.
Chris_IWS: 4600-4196-2102.
Andrin: 4900-0752-8517.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
God, this is fucking stupid. Not that you guys are doing this, that they decided to lock stuff behind the online shit. I'm literally shaking my head, because this is some of the most moronic shit they could possibly have put in a JRPG.

Great game, though!

Why isn't there more uproar against Wii shutting down online or at least Nintendo patching up their online system to keep it working.

Some PS3 and 360 games also used gamespy network but they will continue to work...how and why?

Modern Warfare 3 was released only 3-4 years ago on the Wii and this large feature if not the main feature of the game gets removed, even more recent games will lose features when online is removed from Wii.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm game, but my save data is still on my wii and I havent moved it to my wiiU yet, That wouldnt be a problem if my wii had a struggling disk reader so im gonna be stuck with low level stuff from a file I started it on some months ago.

I never even opened my copy :/

I had no idea that there were online exclusive items either. I doubt that I'd be able to get far enough into the game before the servers get dropped.

jimi_dini

I never even opened my copy :/

I had no idea that there were online exclusive items either. I doubt that I'd be able to get far enough into the game before the servers get dropped.

It's possible to play online right from the start. You will need a few people to help you though, because the coop bosses are really hard.

Yuterald

I would have liked to have jumped in on this, but I own a bunch of games that have unique shit/content through their online modes/DLC (Contact, DQIX, amongst others...) across both my DS and Wii library, so it feels pointless to just pick one game to "get in" really quick, you know? I've kind of accepted the fact that my save files for the aforementioned titles will be offline-only complete, hah! I just don't want to spend the little time I have to game these days (primarily on the weekends) by grinding out online-only items all afternoon. Good luck to those who can pull of whatever it is they're set out to do before Tuesday. Better back those save files up too!

No idea if the multiplayer is region locked. I can help a bit.
I'm starting to think it is.

If an American player can pass me their Friend Code, I'll check.

If so, I'll organize everyone into two groups, if Euro players can agree on a time, I'll put a clock image in the OP as well.

Europe for me.
Crap, I thought so.

Okay, everyone posting Friend Codes, specify US or EU please, I'll make two groups.

jimi_dini

Searched a game, found within seconds. and a MAX level player is also playing. We just defeated a boss. 3 players in total.

Never tried the online, may jump in. Do I have to have beaten the game?
Nope. Levels don't matter, equipment does in co-op, but not sure to what extent.

my friend code is 2494-9974-5567

I'm up for a ton of matches since i need all the online unlockables.
US or EU? Your friend code didn't add for me so I'm guessing EU, but also make sure it's your TLS code, not your Wii code.

Searched a game, found within seconds. and a MAX level player is also playing. We just defeated a boss.
Do you want to post your details here for the GAF game?

meow

I'm in!
FC: 1764-9831-4151
US

I'll be adding the US numbers now.

I can do decent in co-op against some bosses, but I absolutely suck at deathmatch.

It's possible to play online right from the start. You will need a few people to help you though, because the coop bosses are really hard.
I've got a previous engagement in the Mario Kart community but if people are still playing later I'll definitely try to join. I always meant to play the game but just never found the time to get around to it.

i-Jest

I'm at the beginning of the game but I'm up for copping exclusive stuff if you guys don't mind me tagging along.

North America
FC: 1808 69040293

All updated and I've added all US players.

Should we still go for noon or give it another hour?

EU players, do you want to start at the same time?

Fancykong

I'm playing the game on my Wii U, and I can add friends just fine, but when I try to connect to the multiplayer, it gives me an "error code 60000."

Top Bottom