• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii) Online - Final Weekend - Get Exclusive Items!

sublimit

Banned
It has been so long since i finished this game that i feel like i have to go through the tutorials all over again in order to be able to get a hang of it.I remember the combat system felt a bit too complex at the beginning.

Really liked the SP though. I will definitely replay it sometime in the future.

Tried yo go online yesterday, bit after waiting about 5 minutes I gave up. How far in the game do I need to be to have fun playing the online feature and not be in everybody's way?

Tried yo go online yesterday, bit after waiting about 5 minutes I gave up. How far in the game do I need to be to have fun playing the online feature and not be in everybody's way?
Everyone is evened out on deathmatch, co-op seems to rely on your weapons and such.

I just got squished by the second co-op boss in a group. :-\

We almost made it though, with two new players and one experienced player.

Everyone is evened out on deathmatch, co-op seems to rely on your weapons and such.

I just got squished by the second co-op boss in a group. :-

We almost made it though, with two new players and one experienced player.

Cool, thanks. Deathmatch it is.

I have to go the store now but when I come back I'll add my code. I was going to check it out before the date but didn't realize there were exclusive items to unlock. Thanks OP!

evanmisha

Okay, some tips for Co-op.

Kraken: Get the small fry out of the way, and when the boss appears, throw a healing bomb to the boss so any weak party members chaining don't get 2-hit.

Cocoon: Leave the green bombs for when the boss transforms. Do your best to make sure all the small fry (especially the mages who cast the field-wide anti-regen thing) are out of the way. Throw the green bombs in the path of the stampeding transformed boss, and when he runs over them, he gets dazed and his shields go down, making for easy chains until he regains composure and knocks everyone out of the way. When he's not transformed, he'll periodically start a projectile animation. If you're being targeted, start somersaulting out of the way, as this devastating attack can be avoided.

Nibirous: You have to pick up the Silver Arrows from around the field, and use them on the boss to weaken its shield. When its shield is down, you can chain. Not complicated.

If you're inexperienced, you're not useless. Wait until opportune moments to chain. Your chain bonuses greatly increase the damage output of higher level players, so it's critical you get in there and start stacking chains. Also, for these three stages ^^^ don't diffuse magic unless someone is incessantly dropping circles and lagging players. The later dragon boss map is fairly large and diffusing healing circles there isn't uncommon.

Kraken and Nibirous can be solo'd by experienced players, but Cocoon can't and absolutely requires a team to be on the ball. Nibirous also requires a team that isn't picking up Silver Arrows without understanding how to use them. I was in a Cocoon team and while 2 of us had decent damage output, the team didn't understand what the green bombs were for and used them unnecessarily, meaning I had to wait for them to respawn, and we were wasting a ton of the limited time that the boss is transformed. Not even worth waiting for the time to run out.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm going to eat a little something and I might try co-op again before the GAF game starts.

I lost my original save data. Starting from the beginning...

US Player
Name Xexion
FC 5029 9159 1705
Added.

With that, the US group is at one max group, but keep adding codes as we can play two groups or whatever and of course, to keep groups running throughout the weekend.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Oh what a great Idea. One of my favorite games of last gen. Tweet at the Gooch, maybe he'll play too!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Do these items transfer over to the offline story mode? I'm thinking of booting it up just for this. I have to undo the shrink wrap.

meow

I also have some co-op tips!

Overall, if you have a Calista on your team, it's worth diffusing those circles because the barrier will really cut down on damage you take.

Taking out the archers in the niberus/whatever house will drop extra silver arrows.

When fighting Muruk, diffuse the circles that come up after the muruk launches an elemental attack. Don't attack fire muruk if you're yurick and don't attack ice muruk if you're lowell. I've played with people who do this and it sucks.

Don't use ice on kraken.

Headshots on last cocoon do massive damage. Yurick is good for this level to keep the guard break up.

Atar is way easier if you focus on one of the beasts instead of splitting damage when the second one shows up.

i-Jest

Oh I want in

But for some reason my Wii doesn't like sharing the same connection as my Wii u

Will try

Why not use the backwards compatible function on your Wii U? Wait, is your data saved on your Wii?

Also, for those in the North America group, is someone going to host the matches?

Okay, the first game starts in ten minutes.

I'll host a Friends Only game. Once (or if) it hits six, we'll start. Anyone left out can post to see if others can gather in another Friends Only game. As long as everyone has added everyone, this shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

We'll do random deathmatch for a little bit, that way everyone can stock up on dye effects. We can do some co-op later, I have a little experience with the first three bosses so far, but if we ALL have weak weapons, I don't know if we'll do much even with good strategies.

Jomjom

Banned
I'll host a game later tonight and some tomorrow, others can host as well.

Can you get it in time to join in some time during the weekend?

PS: Your avatar rocks.
Ah i'll join up if people will be playing tomorrow. Thanks!

I'll definitely monitor this thread!

Damn it I'll just go and pick a copy up from gamestop in a bit.

evanmisha

Bah, didn't realize we were doing friends only. Add me if it's not too late? D:

5115-1639-0836

Added everyone on the NA list.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Thanks for the heads-up on all of this. I would've had no idea about the Wii online shutdown relating to a game I always wanted to get around to.

Been playing for the past half hour or so and I'm getting the hang of things for sure. Friend code is 1808-6904-4600.

Edit: in NA, adding others now

Top Bottom