• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go! Go! Kokopolo being removed from "DSiWare" on Aug 31st

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=234746

No reason given at the moment, and I quoted DSiWare as there's also no indication if it's just the DSi Shop or including the 3DS eShop so will it be wiped from existence completely or just on DSi?

Get it while you can!

And before anyone asks, there's no update on the 3DS sequel.

Edit: Here's my OT of the game written by Keith Webb himself. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439604

And my thread of the sequel's announcement:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39301945

I think the developer posts here on GAF, or used to at least. I wonder what the deal is.

I've been meaning to grab it, but if the series is going defunct...

@MUWANdo

Banned
Kokopolo is one of the best games released for DSiWare: original, packed with content, reasonably pretty and very challenging. I just wish the viewing area had been a little more accommodating, but it''s a DS game, whaddya gonna do?

Anyway, I hope Keith Webb is okay--it seems like he was really excited for the 3DS sequel, but he seemed to completely drop off the radar a little while back. Has anyone spoken to him recently?

That's my birthday and I absolutely love that game.

It's not only the best game I have played on any of the E-shops but it's one of the best games I have played.

That the sequel seemed to be cancelled is one of gaming's most unfortunate happenings.

I'd honestly give the game a 9.5/10.

That's my birthday and I absolutely love that game.

It's not only the best game I have played on any of the E-shops but it's one of the best games I have played.

That the sequel seemed to be cancelled is one of gaming's most unfortunate happenings.

I'd honestly give the game a 9.5/10.
Forgot all about the sequel, that sucks it got cancelled.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Circle Entertainment confirmed the Kokopolo sequel was still happening as of March 30. Someone might wanna hit 'em up for an update.

Oregano

DSiware didn«t have a sales threshold did it? I know the sales were slightly disappointing when it first came out.

One part of me wants to buy it because it will never be available anymore. Another part doesn't because I just saw the gameplay video and it did nothing to me.

Boney

Banned
He circumstances in which the Keith Webb decided to develop a sequel was so bizarre. Someone bumped the OT here, said the game was great, so that made Keith decide to ask if there was interest in a sequel. Around 6 gaffers expressed their interest and he got all excited and decided to go for a sequel.

Hope he's doing well

I already bought it (and love it), but will I be able to redownload it once it's removed?

Good question. The Rayman Legends Challenge App on Wii U isn't as I deleted it to make room before I bought my HDD. :'(

Edit: DP.

Luckily I have Kokopolo on my 3DS SD Card. Hopefully the game will still be redownloadable.

Someone check if Four Swords is redownloadable from the eShop, I don't want to risk it, but maybe someone can?

He circumstances in which the Keith Webb decided to develop a sequel was so bizarre. Someone bumped the OT here, said the game was great, so that made Keith decide to ask if there was interest in a sequel. Around 6 gaffers expresses their interest and he got all worked up and decided to go for a sequel.

Hope he's doing well

I don't remember that at all.

All I remember is he often posted and was often befuddled on how to market the game as it wasn't doing well at all, then it seemed sales started to pick up some.

Then later there were several art pieces of the bosses for the sequel posted and it looked like the game was well underway.

Then nothing.

I already bought it (and love it), but will I be able to redownload it once it's removed?
Yeah, you just have to comb through your download history and it will be there.

Anyway, I'm about 75% sure the listing that Circle put up isn't for a sequel, but a 3D remake of the original. The listing is simply for Go Go Kokopolo 3D, sans the subtitle the sequel was getting.

rjc571

Banned
This is honestly one of the top 5 games in the ENTIRE DS library. Get it while you still have the chance, people!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Why would they get rid of DSiWare? There's money to be made! They haven't gotten rid of the Wii Shop Channel yet.

They're not getting rid of DSiWare, just delisting this particular game for reasons unknown. This usually happens when a publisher goes defunct.

Gameboy415

That stinks - I got the game when it launched and it's legitimately great!

I won't rant about how much I loathe the whole concept of 'de-listing' digital games but it's sad to think people may never be able to purchase/play this game in the future just because it was only distributed digitally. :(

Het_Nkik

I've been meaning to buy this for a long while now. Guess I'll finally get to it before I resume my Ace Attorney 3 playthrough tonight.

TheOGB

Banned
Never did get to finish this so it looks like I'll finally be getting this on my 3DS. Thanks for the heads up!

How on earth have I never heard of this game?!?

It's a real shame it's going away but I guess I know the next game I'm downloading to my 3DS.

randomkid

"we've received official word"

what does that mean, did skullomania shoot them an email or is this coming from somewhere else, how about a little more sourcing info go nintendo?

always been kinda curious about this game.

"we've received official word"

what does that mean, did skullomania shoot them an email or is this coming from somewhere else, how about a little more sourcing info go nintendo?

always been kinda curious about this game.

I'm wondering as well, was it Kieth? Room4Games? Circle who are assisting with the sequel but had zero involvement in the original?

I could ask RMC.

Mr-Joker

Banned
What's the game like? Maybe I might pick it up.

DSiware didn«t have a sales threshold did it? I know the sales were slightly disappointing when it first came out.

I think they got rid of them when they launched the DSiware but I am not sure.

I think they got rid of them when they launched the DSiware but I am not sure.
No threshold on DSiWare:

"Another big one is the performance threshold. During the WiiWare days, developers had to sell a minimum number of units in order to qualify for rev share. The intent was actually noble. We wanted to discourage shovelware. Unfortunately, some developers who were taking risks with their game development but couldn’t find an audience were getting penalized. So we got rid of that for DSiWare and both eShops." - Dan Adelman
I'm wondering as well, was it Kieth? Room4Games? Circle who are assisting with the sequel but had zero involvement in the original?

I could ask RMC.
Please do.

Camjo-Z

I was going to pick this up a little later, but since it's going down I decided to get it now! Only beaten the first world, but so far it's a lot of fun.

rjc571

Banned
What's the game like? Maybe I might pick it up.

It's like a platformer combined with a maze game. It plays in an overhead perspective, with your movement restricted to predefined paths which combine to form a maze. The objective for clearing each stage involves killing all of the enemies, by scratching them to get them to chase you, and then leading them through the maze to a man-eating plant (avoiding classic platforming obstacles and pitfalls along the way). The combinaton of platforming skill and maze navigation makes it one of the most unique games you'll ever play, and there's plenty of variety in the enemies and stage gimmicks to keep things fresh throughout the game's 80 stages.

Had to remember to pick this up, since it's getting delisted. Did anyone find out why? I did a little searching, to no avail. Has the developer gone under, and so Nintendo won't allow it to continue to sell on the eShop?

@MUWANdo

Banned
No-one knows, and I guess no-one bothered to look into it, either.

It does sound like the takedown notice came from Circle, which is odd considering they had nothing to do with the DSiWare original. It'd be pretty lame if they're deliberately staying quiet in order to maximise purchases before the delisting, only to announce an eShop version soon after.

Keith last posted on 07-15-2013 at 06:48 PM

I found his (old?) address and a Zoopla listing for it.

I would totally call his number but.. umm.. it's in like Oxford (Great Britain) and I live in Colorado. If anyone in Europe is brave enough to call him, I'll slip them the number.

That took all of five minutes, people. But.. I'm umm.. kind of a little worried about calling him all the way from Colorado.

Top Bottom