• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheHateMe

So, fuck Amazon?

Because they used some bullshit ass Lasership company to ship my Limited Edition item... and it's lost. In Boston somewhere.

I LIVE IN MARYLAND.

I'm so angry right now.

I'm not terribly pleased with the Amazon packaging--it's just a little boring. The colors on the box are so muted.

I kinda want the Funimation version in spite of its unwieldiness.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So, fuck Amazon?

Because they used some bullshit ass Lasership company to ship my Limited Edition item... and it's lost. In Boston somewhere.

I LIVE IN MARYLAND.

I'm so angry right now.

Your seller wasn't Amazon? That sucks. Did you try chatting with them about it? They have a free chat messenger on their site.

SheHateMe

Your seller wasn't Amazon? That sucks. Did you try chatting with them about it? They have a free chat messenger on their site.

My seller was Amazon. I pre-ordered it back in August. I did the chat thing. They are pretty much washing their hands of it; "it's the responsibility of the shipper for the item to be acquired by our customers".

I copied that verbatim.

I want to rage out against them, but what will that do?

Same here! I'm not sure how much longer to wait before contacting customer service.

I say go ahead and do it. I had this happen to me with the Attack on Titan Part 2 blu-ray and there was basically no good reason for it. The rep said the shipment just got stuck for some reason. Then he nudged it through with free one-day shipping and extended my prime membership by a month. I can't guarantee you'll get all that, but it's worth seeing if they can help.

I'm not terribly pleased with the Amazon packaging--it's just a little boring. The colors on the box are so muted.

I got the Funi edition because of the packaging. I don't see me looking at the artbooks more than once.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I haven't seen anyone mention in detail how the blu-rays actually look. So how does the show look in Blu-ray to those that have watched? Definite improvement?

I haven't seen anyone mention in detail how the blu-rays actually look. So how does the show look in Blu-ray to those that have watched? Definite improvement?

Any shot that has CG compositing effects is upscaled and looks pretty bad but every other shot looks fantastic.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My seller was Amazon. I pre-ordered it back in August. I did the chat thing. They are pretty much washing their hands of it; "it's the responsibility of the shipper for the item to be acquired by our customers".

I copied that verbatim.

I want to rage out against them, but what will that do?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/24/amazon-delivery-lasership_n_5193956.html

They're a private contractor working for Amazon. I would watch the order and try to get a refund if the package doesn't show up. I know I've seen packages stuck at a certain location for a period of time before it finally arrived. Apparently there have been a couple class action lawsuits against the company, mainly from employees, but there's a big outcry of complaints towards the company and Amazon.

You could possibly see if it comes 3 to 4 days after expected delivery. I'd watch who delivers it or if you receive it UPS. Most Amazon packages I receive are delivered by UPS.
I know the USPS does a lot of Amazon deliveries, but I always expect UPS with movies and video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB38L2Znl34

Same here! I'm not sure how much longer to wait before contacting customer service.

They took my money this week and my expected date isn't till the 22nd through the 29th, so they have a timeline setup for me.

Needlecrash

So, fuck Amazon?

I LIVE IN MARYLAND.

I'm so angry right now.

Really? There is a new Amazon facility in Baltimore and there's no reason for it to be in Boston.

Xe4

Banned
All of the subbed episodes are up on Hulu right now. I'm assuming the dubbed will be up soon as well. I'll keep Yall updated.

I like the case but I am not pleased with the books. Terrible paper quality with of course muted colors.

Chris R

The sketch book is really cool.

Only complaint about the whole package so far is the included DVDs. I'll give those away and mod the case so it's only packing Blu-Rays I guess.

Meeps

I say go ahead and do it. I had this happen to me with the Attack on Titan Part 2 blu-ray and there was basically no good reason for it. The rep said the shipment just got stuck for some reason. Then he nudged it through with free one-day shipping and extended my prime membership by a month. I can't guarantee you'll get all that, but it's worth seeing if they can help.

Yeah, they pushed it through this morning and gave me one-day shipping and a $5 credit. Weird!

Got the Funi version this morning. I thought it was going to look like a vinyl record case, didn't realize it was going to be the same size too! Not sure what to do with it, I have no place to put it.

If anyone's order is still preparing to ship I strongly recommend contacting Amazon via chat (or whatever else). My guaranteed ship date is now Tuesday. Not sure what happened, maybe just a bunch of preorders + the holidays messed things up? Who knows...

Looking forward to watching the full series for the first time!

BBboy20

UoDOYNj.jpg

It's not really that noticeable but I'm not exactly happy either.

SheHateMe

UPDATE:

Called Amazon, who issued me a full refund and told me that the item was recalled, hence why they couldn't send me any canceled orders of it. (Totally don't believe that it was recalled.) Amazon referred me to Lasership, which I spoke with a nice young lady named Bre. Bre told me that she would personally find my package and get it delivered to me before Christmas.

This morning, I received a text from Amazon while I was at work stating that the package was being delivered. 20 minutes later, my fiancee lets me know that it has arrived, in pristine condition, no less.

So, I've went from anger, to sadness, to acceptance, to joy. What a wild week.

Amazon has their exclusive version back in stock as of a few minutes ago. Apparently only three in stock (or they are limiting the amount one can buy. When I put 999 it lowered to 3).

Zombine

Banned
This has been my comfort food for the last week or so. I throw it on before bed and watch it until I fall asleep. I really love this show.

Yasumi

Banned
Grabbed one, it was $115 total to ship to Canada, plus I might get hit with import fees, but it was totally worth it.

Amazon edition arrived in good shape. It didn't wow me like the Funimation one, and I opened it too. It's fine, because a friend wants to buy it from me.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My package arrived today. The art books are very nice. I wish they were larger, so I could open the pages better. Seeing the hand drawn colorless art sketches is wonderful.

IMG_0619.jpg

UPDATE:

Called Amazon, who issued me a full refund and told me that the item was recalled, hence why they couldn't send me any canceled orders of it. (Totally don't believe that it was recalled.) Amazon referred me to Lasership, which I spoke with a nice young lady named Bre. Bre told me that she would personally find my package and get it delivered to me before Christmas.

This morning, I received a text from Amazon while I was at work stating that the package was being delivered. 20 minutes later, my fiancee lets me know that it has arrived, in pristine condition, no less.

So, I've went from anger, to sadness, to acceptance, to joy. What a wild week.

That's good to hear. What a way to go too. I can't believe I finally received my copy after ordering in August.

cajunator

Banned
My Aunt really loves scifi shows, and especially space sagas and westerns like Firefly so I showed her Cowboy Bebop. She fell in love with the show.

Giolon

I ended up with an extra Amazon Exclusive edition after Christmas. If anybody is interested in it, I'm willing to sell it for MSRP ($90) plus shipping. First dibs to Cowboy Bebop GAF here.

Edit: tentatively claimed. Feel free to register interest via PM, but unless payment or something falls through, it's been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom