• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

That's one of the reasons I one day shipped mine. I trust UPS way more than USPS, and ever since they went to USPS being used for Prime 2-day I make sure to one day my important/limited stuff.
Yeah, that's a bummer. Mine's coming through Prime shipping from USPS. Hope it's not too beaten up.

they sent it to me in one of those paper envelope packages with bubble wrapping lining.

Hope yours arrived okay. Mine was in an oversized box with a lot of dead space to bang around in, but I also got a second copy of the normal version to give to a friend that I ordered after the LE was sold out that shipped with it. Box was banged up and edges of the normal edition were a little bent, but the LE box seemed really sturdy and was undamaged.

Welp. Why did I wait to pre-order. :<

So many times I've missed stuff because of waiting without knowing why I even wasted after it.

MetalDeer

Just got my Amazon LE a little while ago. Unfortunately, one of the things that keeps the case shut broke off, so now the bottom doesn't shut properly.. same exact thing happened the day I got my Steins;Gate Blu-ray box, too. At least I have a dust cover for Steins;Gate and a box to put this in.

Anyways, I'm just glad to have one of my favorite anime on Blu-ray. All the other stuff is just gravy.

The reversible cover is a nice touch.

I hope amazon gets more of the LE back in stock.

My standard edition will suffice for now.

The only real chance of that is from returns, and from my experience the only time there are returns on something as limited as this is if it was damaged. Good luck either way.

Friggz

got home from work with my amazon copy sitting on my stoop. probably going to keep it closed since its in such pristine condition (got shipped in a box). ill pick up the standard edition at some point and watch it again.

I now have the series on vhs, dvd, and blu ray.

cajunator

Banned
Hope yours arrived okay. Mine was in an oversized box with a lot of dead space to bang around in, but I also got a second copy of the normal version to give to a friend that I ordered after the LE was sold out that shipped with it. Box was banged up and edges of the normal edition were a little bent, but the LE box seemed really sturdy and was undamaged.

So many times I've missed stuff because of waiting without knowing why I even wasted after it.

Mine actually arrived in perfect condition. No damage to the packaging or the boxset itself.

Fjordson

Post from today on blu-ray.com Bebop thread.

Just got home from work, Amazon edition was waiting for me. Came in a thin yellow bubble envelope, no packaging inside. Corner where the box hinges open is "cracked" for lack of a better term. Not dented, but cracked as if the paper broke, another fine Amazon packing job. Don't really care though, certainly not enough to return it.

Goddamnit, I just know my set is going to get blasted. Fully expecting a fucked up case :lol

My Amazon edition is perfect. Sent in a box through USPS packed tight with the plastic air bubble thing. Would've been terrified waiting had I read this thread earlier.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
My Amazon edition is perfect. Sent in a box through USPS packed tight with the plastic air bubble thing. Would've been terrified waiting had I read this thread earlier.

I ordered one on Amazon too! Shipping to Canada via UPS.

I just hope it's in a box not a sleeve ;.;

Fjordson

Mine arrived in pristine condition packed the same way. Have faith!

Mine arrived the same way and it's in perfect condition. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Alright, a glimmer of hope now! I've just had bad luck with this sort of thing in the past.

cajunator

Banned
Alright, a glimmer of hope now! I've just had bad luck with this sort of thing in the past.

I order anime stuff (a lot of it LE's like the NISA and Aniplex sets) year round and the amount of stuff that has arrived damaged can be counted on one hand. Its not very common for it to torn up like that. Probably because of high holiday volume.
It used to be worse when stuff was on DVD because those would break loose from the spindles and get scratched.

geomon

That's one of the reasons I one day shipped mine. I trust UPS way more than USPS, and ever since they went to USPS being used for Prime 2-day I make sure to one day my important/limited stuff.

I have never had a busted product from USPS. Every time I got something busted, it was either from UPS or FedEX, FedEX being the worst offender.

This is how the last blu-ray I got from UPS looked when it arrived:

ibiLzrywB1pKRc.jpg

I have never had a busted product from USPS. Every time I got something busted, it was either from UPS or FedEX, FedEX being the worst offender.

ibiLzrywB1pKRc.jpg

Don't do this before I get mine. I can't handle the stress.

Line_HTX

Ok, so I missed out on the art books because I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering the Amazon when it was announced. Now I'm thinking of just getting the BD from Funi.

Extra neat loot aside, is the content mostly the same? 227 minutes of specials like all the interviews and the Dinner Aboard the Bebop all on 4 discs, right?

Fjordson

Ok, so I missed out on the art books because I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering the Amazon when it was announced. Now I'm thinking of just getting the BD from Funi.

Extra neat loot aside, is the content mostly the same? 227 minutes of specials like all the interviews and the Dinner Aboard the Bebop all on 4 discs, right?
Content is identical on all the sets. Just the packaging and physical extras are different.

Line_HTX

Sweet! I'll go ahead and myself the remastered BD. This is a classic that deserves all the money.

Waiting for the special exclusive Space Dandy complete pack with the entire soundtrack included....

Are you a prime member? If not I think there is a two day "preparing for shipment" punishment added. Happens to me every time I preorder a new blu ray release. I have already received the Funimation limited edition but Amazon is stuck in preparing for shipment hell.

Makes sense

Yeah, not a prime member anymore

kewlmyc

What are the other two?

Gurren Lagann and Bacanno. Hoping to get Evangelion on Bluray if it releases here as well.

Also lol at Funimation just having the final shot of the series on the back of the Amazon Limited Edition box. Though I guess everyone who bought this already knows how it ends.

Askani

Mine came packed exactly like hateradio's. No noticeable damage. Good stuff. However I find myself in need of tires for my car so I'm unsure if I'll be keeping it. :/

Faiz

Mine came prime but was boxed up with Origin vol 8.

But they were in a box that measured about 20 inches by 12 inches by 4 inches. It was 80% empty space. They threw some packaged air in there but make no mistake they were NOT secure.

Fjordson

Amazon set is in one piece! Mailman tried his hardest to fuck it up. Jammed the box into my mailbox and left it half open like an idiot, but it appears unscathed.

I got mine and as usual with most Blu-Rays when I opened it up the discs were out and moving around and a piece of plastic broke off but it wasn't one of the hinges which I was relieved. I checked the discs and they looked fine, no scratches or anything but I'm getting pretty annoyed that this always happens.

Amazon says it should have arrived today, but around 5pm yesterday, the tracking states that "Your package was missorted and being sent with a different Tracking ID."

:,<

They lost it, didn't they? Or someone filched it from the truck. God damn the US Postal Service!

Dead

well not really...yet
My copy arrived from Amazon in a fucking envelope.

Yet somehow it was 100% intact.

Awesome set, though I dont understand why they include pig disgusting DVDs. If you still need DVDs, you shouldn't have nice LEs to go along with them

BBboy20

ibiLzrywB1pKRc.jpg
Those mother fuckers.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
My copy arrived from Amazon in a fucking envelope.

Yet somehow it was 100% intact.

Awesome set, though I dont understand why they include pig disgusting DVDs. If you still need DVDs, you shouldn't have nice LEs to go along with them

Same with my set, but it was fine.

I ended up sticking with the standard set because I only care about the on-disc content, and I don't want the DVDs, and didn't feel like paying more for that stuff.

Anyway, I'll rewatch the show when I finish rewatching TNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom