• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Time to blow this scene, get everybody and their stuff together, okay 3 2 1 let's jam.

Can't wait to fully experience this classic for the 500 millionth time. Never gets old.

Fjordson

Does the Amazon edition have eng subtitles? Can you switch to japanese audio and eng subtitles?
Yep. Has English dub and Japanese audio with subtitles.

This year has gotten Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, and Cowboy Bebop on bluray.
it has been a hell of a great year.
And Bubblegum Crisis! Albeit on a smaller scale through Kickstarter. But the sets are shipping now and look pretty great.

cajunator

Banned
Yep. Has English dub and Japanese audio with subtitles.

And Bubblegum Crisis! Albeit on a smaller scale through Kickstarter. But the sets are shipping now and look pretty great.

I missed that and I regret it. But I was really busy with work during that time.

Fjordson

I missed that and I regret it. But I was really busy with work during that time.
Ah damn. I missed the initial Kickstarter as well, but managed to get in a post-KS order for $50.

Luckily it sounds like they're going to go back on sale in the near future so there's still hope!

I accidentally shipped mine to my apartment, instead of doing what I usually do and shipping things to my workplace.

So there is a good 5 hour window where it can get stolen.

*fingers crossed*

I once accidentally shipped a package to my parents house and it was 2 days before they realized it was sitting on the front porch... -____________-

cajunator

Banned
Ah damn. I missed the initial Kickstarter as well, but managed to get in a post-KS order for $50.

Luckily it sounds like they're going to go back on sale in the near future so there's still hope!

I am pretty notorious here for basically spending the necessary amount if I really want something. However in this case it shouldnt be too bad. I spend a lot more on figurines. Now THAT is a limited market. You better act fast when ordering figures.

slop101

Banned
I don't know why, but I didn't think the limited editions would sell out before release date. I snoozed, and I loosed. Anime fans be intense!

.la1n

WTF amazon!?

Mine's been "preparing for shipment" for a day now

>=(

Are you a prime member? If not I think there is a two day "preparing for shipment" punishment added. Happens to me every time I preorder a new blu ray release. I have already received the Funimation limited edition but Amazon is stuck in preparing for shipment hell.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know why, but I didn't think the limited editions would sell out before release date. I snoozed, and I loosed. Anime fans be intense!

Limited edition things are called that for a reason. If you really want an LE, you better preorder really early.

Faiz

Limited edition things are called that for a reason. If you really want an LE, you better preorder really early.

It's true but let's face it - 'mainstream' anime LEs have a history of lingering around. I ordered early for the price Amazon initially listed it at, but I didn't think it would sell out before it released.

It's true but let's face it - 'mainstream' anime LEs have a history of lingering around. I ordered early for the price Amazon initially listed it at, but I didn't think it would sell out before it released.

The good news is that the Cowboy Bebop rerelease is getting a standard edition too. Sometimes you miss out on a print and that's the end of it. :(

Fjordson

I didn't think the LE's would sell out quite as fast as they did, but I figured they'd be gone within a month or so after the release. This sounds cliche, but Bebop is definitely one of those "I don't even like anime but I love this!". At least in my experience. Heard it countless times over the years.

Ug1w8Qg.jpg

awyiss, my LE has arrived.

Xe4

Banned
My amazon edition just came. Lot smaller than I expected but It looks awesome. I really don't want to unwrap it but I also wan't to read the artbooks and watch the series. Choices, choices.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just remembered a story of going to the strip club near my university and seeing a friend who used to be in ROTC with me working there. She said her stripper name was Valentine, and when I asked, she said, "you know, Faye Valentine!"

Pre ordered back in August when it was $69.99 \o/ Amazon saying I will have it by Thursday but knowing carrier it will most likely be an added 2 days. I have Cowboy Bebop Remix: The Complete Collection signed by Steve Blum so I hope I get to have the LE signed too someday :D

Is it just me or does Spike's face look weird as hell on that LE. That's one of the reasons I got the Funi one.

I think it's just you. I like that half of his face is shaded like that, as it feels like an intentional spoiler when you think of Spike's character as a whole in the series.

cajunator

Banned
Does the funimation LE come with any good extras the amazon doesnt have or is it just the vinyl looking packaging that people like?

Xe4

Banned
Does the funimation LE come with any good extras the amazon doesnt have or is it just the vinyl looking packaging that people like?

Just the packaging mostly. It has a stamp signature of Watanabe and some art cards, but I think that's it.

cajunator

Banned
Art cards. One of them signed by Watanabe. It looks great though. The artbooks look great in the Amazon one.

I got the Amazon one because of the artbooks.
The art cards are basically the covers of the original DVD set.
I do like the record style of it though. The Amazon set is surprisingly hefty.

The packaging is the only thing the Funi LE has going for it. It's lovely but it's not very practical. The discs get tucked into some pretty tight cardboard pockets (the whole package is quite thin) and over time I foresee this causing tears or creases to appear. If you're going to pick up the Funi LE I strongly recommend leaving it sealed and displayed somewhere. Thing to note, the original wrap on the Funi LE is the crazy-strong kind of shrinkwrap. Don't trust re-sellers without a clear picture of the shrinkwrap.

cajunator

Banned
The packaging is the only thing the Funi LE has going for it. It's lovely but it's not very practical. The discs get tucked into some pretty tight cardboard pockets (the whole package is quite thin) and over time I foresee this causing tears or creases to appear. If you're going to pick up the Funi LE I strongly recommend leaving it sealed and displayed somewhere. Thing to note, the original wrap on the Funi LE is the crazy-strong kind of shrinkwrap. Don't trust re-sellers without a clear picture of the shrinkwrap.

yeah I was afraid of that. I saw how it didnt seem to have a good way to store the discs and that gave me pause. It is bluray though, so scratching the discs is highly unlikely so thats good. But still I like the way this amazon set stores them. Its a cohesive package and it looks really really good.

The place where the discs are sealed are really sturdy. It's decently built.

Is the Funimation LE sold out?

For a while now. Way less of them were made, like 2500/3500 as apposed to the 10k of the Amazon one.

In other news, this is the first limited edition that I've had shipped by amazon that hasn't been mangled in shipping in forever. So happy.

cajunator

Banned
For a while now. Way less of them were made, like 2500/3500 as apposed to the 10k of the Amazon one.

In other news, this is the first limited edition that I've had shipped by amazon that hasn't been mangled in shipping in forever. So happy.

they sent it to me in one of those paper envelope packages with bubble wrapping lining.

they sent it to me in one of those paper envelope packages with bubble wrapping lining.

That's one of the reasons I one day shipped mine. I trust UPS way more than USPS, and ever since they went to USPS being used for Prime 2-day I make sure to one day my important/limited stuff.

cajunator

Banned
That's one of the reasons I one day shipped mine. I trust UPS way more than USPS, and ever since they went to USPS being used for Prime 2-day I make sure to one day my important/limited stuff.

Well I would except that UPS kind of STOLE one of my packages and then lied to Rightstuf about it being delivered. Fuck UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom