• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

So this happened to me after entering Whimsey Dale via the golin today....

sclTWPI.jpg

Also, I still can't believe some high level people haven't learned that when someone in your party has nemesis bracers on that they should be the ones who activate the pylons. It's a bit frustrating.

HORRORSHØW

Please post your build and gear.

I need pictures to be jealous enough to try to attain to getting there.
off the top of my head i was using:
incense torch of the grand temple
ancient sunwuko gloves
ancient sunwuko shoulders
ancient inna's chest
ancient inna's pants
inna's belt
ancient sunwuko helm
hellfire ammy with 18% lightning
gungdo bracers
ancient crude boots
unity
rorg

i tend to mix and match my equipment to see what i'm comfortable with. i did pretty well with aughild's shoulder and bracer in lieu of the SWK shoulder and gungdo bracer. and you can craft ancient versions of those so you can keep trying until you get some good stats. you can also use a SWK ammy and use a leroic's crown for more epiphany uptime. i have one with 99% but it's in stash so i can have more lightning% dmg from my ammy.
--
skills:
bells with lightning rune
dash with three charges
exploding palm with lightning rune
mystic ally with air ally
sweeping wind with inner storm rune
epiphany with desert shroud

you basically dash into a big crowd and apply exploding palm. then you spam bells and cause a chain reaction. it's very satisfying to see whole rooms cleared out in one big explosion. the key is to gather large mob of enemies; don't bother fighting stragglers. i ditch most yellow packs. blue packs, too, if they're taking too long to kill. or kite them with you to the trash mobs so you can set off the chain reaction.
--
gems:
bane of the trapped
taeguk
esoteric gem/bane of the powerful (i have equal success with both. on the one hand the higher you go the longer it takes to kill the rift guardian, so bane of the powerful helps. on the other, you can't dps if you're dead.)
--
passives:
unity
beacon of ytar
harmony
i use either determination or seize the initiative for the last slot. the extra damage from determination is nice, but i really like the faster attack speed from StI.
--
the fire variant using bells isn't too bad either. you can clear out whole rooms with just the bells. no exploding palm needed. pair it with a cindercoat and you can spam even more bells. i'll update with pictures a bit later.

Just unlocked Adventure Mode.

With Barbarians what are some good build options? Do I focus on damage negation talents at all? I've been avoiding most of them and doing well in story but higher difficulties are probably different.

I need a Barb mentor! Haha

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;148987871 said:
off the top of my head i was using:
incense torch of the grand temple
ancient sunwuko gloves
ancient sunwuko shoulders
ancient inna's chest
ancient inna's pants
inna's belt
ancient sunwuko helm
hellfire ammy with 18% lightning
gungdo bracers
ancient crude boots
unity
rorg

i tend to mix and match my equipment to see what i'm comfortable with. i did pretty well with aughild's shoulder and bracer in lieu of the SWK shoulder and gungdo bracer. and you can craft ancient versions of those so you can keep trying until you get some good stats. you can also use a SWK ammy and use a leroic's crown for more epiphany uptime. i have one with 99% but it's in stash so i can have more lightning% dmg from my ammy.
--
skills:
bells with lightning rune
dash with three charges
exploding palm with lightning rune
mystic ally with air ally
sweeping wind with inner storm rune
epiphany with desert shroud

you basically dash into a big crowd and apply exploding palm. then you spam bells and cause a chain reaction. it's very satisfying to see whole rooms cleared out in one big explosion. the key is to gather large mob of enemies; don't bother fighting stragglers. i ditch most yellow packs. blue packs, too, if they're taking too long to kill. or kite them with you to the trash mobs so you can set off the chain reaction.
--
gems:
bane of the trapped
taeguk
esoteric gem/bane of the powerful (i have equal success with both. on the one hand the higher you go the longer it takes to kill the rift guardian, so bane of the powerful helps. on the other, you can't dps if you're dead.)
--
passives:
unity
beacon of ytar
harmony
i use either determination or seize the initiative for the last slot. the extra damage from determination is nice, but i really like the faster attack speed from StI.
--
the fire variant using bells isn't too bad either. you can clear out whole rooms with just the bells. no exploding palm needed. pair it with a cindercoat and you can spam even more bells. i'll update with pictures a bit later.

How are RG fights, with this build?

Raekor bad?

Laconic

Banned
Does anyone have a blade of prophecy with holy damage on it (where the holy isn't rerolled)?

Going nuts trying to get one lol. Mine currently has fire damage.

I checked, and the one I saved has poison as its innate, 9% damage, 1041 strength, and 8% RC, no holy % - sorry, man.

You can HAVE it, if you want, though.

Got my ancient legendary RoRG, Furnace and Helm of Akkan. Accidentally salvaged the helm. Guh. Got all of them as gifts, though. Seems I get much better gear that way as opposed to drops in-game.

piggychan

Got my ancient legendary RoRG, Furnace and Helm of Akkan. Accidentally salvaged the helm. Guh. Got all of them as gifts, though. Seems I get much better gear that way as opposed to drops in-game.

grats if you still need to do bounties by all means msg me I still got like just over 100 left to do...

I been using some of the builds on here and while I am still after some powerful armour to give all my characters a boost anyway my monk soloing T6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmiWJQUKtxc

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;149107259 said:
not too bad. you need to get into melee range so GL against poison and electric RGs.
--
anyone try a tiki-doc? i have pretty crap gear and can get upto 39 with it. perma-freeze is too strong.

Sweet.

I'm one Int Cold SoJ away from getting my Tiki Doc on, lol.

My Monk just got an Ancient Unity.

...609 Dex, 48% CD, 6%CC, 14% Elite Damage.

...I still want to roll Dex off, right?

Despite the whole 609 thing?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Does gambling with Kadala yields any piece of Zunimassa's set?

I've been gambling a lot and I've yet to get any piece of the set.

h3ro

Grimlock, made a variation of your build today, so fun! Still too squishy for the higher levels but a monster build with my current gear at Lvl 33 grifts and lower.

Need to bring on those Inna's set bonuses though. Have the pants but haven't found an Ancient variant of the chest piece yet to make it worth me ditching my Ancient Augild's.

Nothing like clearing out 2 Elite mobs with one palm explosion!

Laconic

Banned
You can get set pieces from Kadala, the odds are super slim, though. Keep at it and you'll get lucky someday.

Set pieces are what one ought to aim for, from Kalada, imo.

Then rings, then ammys/weapons.

I've gotten every set piece off of Kadala, over the last year.

But I've yet to see a Cold Int SoJ, much less a Wand of Woh.

Having fun running normal rifts and bounties swinging this instead of the furnace.

UKrZwf5.jpg

Was wondering regrading ring/amulet I currently use the Rose/Pledge combo for the bonus

Zs0SiKJ.jpg

GYDlvxF.jpg

But would I be better off using this Blackthorne and a Stone of Jordan (+17% physical/492 str+socket and 30% to elite)

RZnDVH6.jpg

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Trolley - default response is SOJ, you can verify to see if you gain 30% sheet damage by wearing the Traveler's set instead. Considering how your Rose rolled, I doubt you do.

There is a possibility that a perfect ancient Rose could be a viable option, considering that the +damage values do roll higher for ancient versions than normal (as opposed to CC &c. which don't), but it would have to be a purely offensive set of affixes (+damage, primary, cc, cd, socket) and good luck getting that to happen.

Laconic

Banned
So then.

IS it worth rolling 600+ main stat off of an Ancient Unity that rolled 48% CD and 6% CC natively, for a socket?

It hurts thinking about it.

Error

Got 2 pieces of zuni's set while playing just now, funny how RNGesus works. You only need faith, he will deliver sooner or later.

What's the best way to farm RoRG?

HF2014

Got 2 pieces of zuni's set while playing just now, funny how RNGesus works. You only need faith, he will deliver sooner or later.

What's the best way to farm RoRG?

Simply do the 5 adventure quest from act 1. When you finish all 5 you the the cache, which give you a chance to get a RoRG.After a few time you should get it. Its pretty easy to get, and its the only way. Doing it on Torment 6 also increase your chance.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
IS it worth rolling 600+ main stat off of an Ancient Unity that rolled 48% CD and 6% CC natively, for a socket?
Unfortunately, yes.

Primary can be recovered through Paragon in a way which CC and CD cannot.

--

To all concerned - I need to drastically reduce my weekend playtime in the future until I get my tax software updated for the year. I'll never get the work done at this rate.

Error

Simply do the 5 adventure quest from act 1. When you finish all 5 you the the cache, which give you a chance to get a RoRG.After a few time you should get it. Its pretty easy to get, and its the only way. Doing it on Torment 6 also increase your chance.
Thanks

Holy shit Kadala is being super nice to me today. She just gave me Tasker and Theo with a decent roll.

Tasker and Theo is love.

IbukiLordSA

For some reason an Ancient Zweihander dropped for my Demon Hunter, so if anyone is looking for one just send me a msg and I'll mail it, never going to use this and it seems like a decent roll.

QVj1sJg.jpg

piggychan

I've one in stash, don't think it had great rolls though unfortunately.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare weapon socket gift they would mind swapping out for something?

ah the Ramaladni's gift .. there was an evening not long ago where I picked up like 5 of them.. only have one left in my box... shame we not on the same console..

Miche

Neo Member
ah the Ramaladni's gift .. there was an evening not long ago where I picked up like 5 of them.. only have one left in my box... shame we not on the same console..

Oh my gosh! 5?! I'm at 283 paragons, and I've yet to see a single RG drop ;_; Trying to stay positive, but whew... getting a bit frustrated that I haven't seen any yet.

piggychan

CRAP! was levelling up my hardcore mode character and doing bounties, I'm level 63 crusader. Had a random level 59 character join me for a while. He died on the the bountykill Queen Araneae while fighting some elites.... I feel bad !!!

I've started playing again on ps4 after a good break, but I don't have too many friends playing D3 :(
Could I get some friends, please? Negligible_hero

Laconic

Banned
Booyah!

I JUST got a pair of Gungdo's and an Incense Torch practically fell out of the background/sky at random.

The Torch is only 3320 or so, with crap rolls of 997 Dex, 827 LPSS, and 5.97 SPS, with 40% redux and 27% dam respectively but... its a Torch!

Now all I need is another Ram Gift.

HORRORSHØW

Any particular one you're after? I could check my stash later if you like? Been hording weapons 'just incase'
i'm just going after the ancient versions. they'll drop eventually. thanks, though. i've had some good luck since the patch, but have only seen 2-3 CKs. i'm basically doing grifts and leveling up my gems on my monk then spending shards with my WD.

Grimløck;149491100 said:
i'm just going after the ancient versions. they'll drop eventually. thanks, though. i've had some good luck since the patch, but have only seen 2-3 CKs. i'm basically doing grifts and leveling up my gems on my monk then spending shards with my WD.

Ah no I don't have any of those.

Damn stupid mail system, Monkey had sent an ancient Schaefers Hammer, game crashed, it's gone.

h3ro

Ah no I don't have any of those.

Damn stupid mail system, Monkey had sent an ancient Schaefers Hammer, game crashed, it's gone.

Nooo! I was curious to see what it was going to be as it was the first gift that had dropped for you!

Been rifting for 3 days now trying to upgrade my monk with some Ancient Sunwoko and Ancient Inna's. Have the ancient Helm and gloves (SWK) but no luck getting the Ancient Inn's pants for chest piece to drop. Not giving up yet. Also, where have you gone, Stones of Jordan! Still running a random socketed ring because I haven't been able to get a Dex/Socketed SoJ with some sort of Crit Chance/DMG buff.

Love this Monk Pillar build, it melts rifts in moments. Still too squishy for higher level grifts secondary to my armor.

Nooo! I was curious to see what it was going to be as it was the first gift that had dropped for you!

Been rifting for 3 days now trying to upgrade my monk with some Ancient Sunwoko and Ancient Inna's. Have the ancient Helm and gloves (SWK) but no luck getting the Ancient Inn's pants for chest piece to drop. Not giving up yet. Also, where have you gone, Stones of Jordan! Still running a random socketed ring because I haven't been able to get a Dex/Socketed SoJ with some sort of Crit Chance/DMG buff.

Love this Monk Pillar build, it melts rifts in moments. Still too squishy for higher level grifts secondary to my armor.

Looked great for the brief moment I had it, cheers for sending on though. Have had a lot of gifts drop recently that I've been sending out. Had about 5 in one run yesterday.

Was running Grifts yesterday, soon as I got over about 38 I was struggling to stay alive.

Clearing standard T6 rifts really quickly now though so I'm happy with that.

Laconic

Banned
I have dropped a ton of Denial shields and Kill daggers.

Me too.

Also, for the last couple of days at least, I've been getting quite a few "no drop" rifts.

Those kind of suck.

If I hadn't grinded through them yesterday by way of sheer tenacity, I'd have not gotten those Gungdo and that Torch... but that was at the end of nearly 4 hours.

h3ro

If I hadn't grinded through them yesterday by way of sheer tenacity, I'd have not gotten those Gungdo and that Torch... but that was at the end of nearly 4 hours.

I was really lucky with my Torch drop while rifting with Rap and had an Ancient Gungdo drop with lightning dmg and dex while rifting with my Crusader. Really weird but I'll take it!

Love those explosions of EP, especially when some tiny mob blows up multiple Elites. :lol

Laconic

Banned
I was really lucky with my Torch drop while rifting with Rap and had an Ancient Gungdo drop with lightning dmg and dex while rifting with my Crusader. Really weird but I'll take it!

Love those explosions of EP, especially when some tiny mob blows up multiple Elites. :lol

What are your Torch's stats?

I got a 3300 one. :/

Still better than NO Torch, though.

h3ro

What are your Torch's stats?

I got a 3300 one. :/

Still better than NO Torch, though.

My torch isn't much better, 3500 with the 10% dmg buff rolled on. But I got the 50% reduction on Wave of Light cost and it rolled with Lightning damage which is good.

Laconic

Banned
My torch isn't much better, 3500 with the 10% dmg buff rolled on. But I got the 50% reduction on Wave of Light cost and it rolled with Lightning damage which is good.

Mine rolled 40%, with Arcane.

Which should I roll off to 10%?

900ish like per spirit spent, or 6 spirit regen?

h3ro

Mine rolled 40%, with Arcane.

Which should I roll off to 10%?

900ish like per spirit spent, or 6 spirit regen?

This build is so Spirit dependent that if you have the right Passives, you can easily roll of the health per Spirit spent and make that up elsewhere. Having spirit to proc EP, Wave of Light is key.

HORRORSHØW

This build is so Spirit dependent that if you have the right Passives, you can easily roll of the health per Spirit spent and make that up elsewhere. Having spirit to proc EP, Wave of Light is key.

have you tried the fire variant with a cindercoat? it's pretty devastating at lower grifts because of the huge AOE--no EP needed. it clears out trash much faster, although the RG may take a little longer to kill.

you can try swk gloves, helm, ammy. aughild shoulders and bracers. cindercoat. either two piece inna pants and belt or the captain crimson set. the captain crimson set, coupled with the cindercoat and torch, should alleviate any spirit-regen problems.

Top Bottom