• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: Details on characters, enemies, weapons, locations, gameplay etc

Looks like SCEJ and Asia put out some more goodies on the game today: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bloodborne/. Credit site's banned so can't link it here but, all in all, looks wonderful.

Some screenies:

ivW5kGVipA5ao.png
i7XS38E9GjOQP.png
ibmJiva1uw3y13.png

ibut8ckfZfAh6f.png
ikzwNDcxwPBOn.png
ibdUMS8HMvHgUZ.png

One of the characters the game is named Hunter Gascoigne and he’s described as follows:
  • "A lone person standing in a graveyard among the whirling ashes, he’s a bloodied hunter. He looks like an experienced veteran, but details are unknown."

Information about one of the enemy “malformed beasts” has also been disclosed. It’s named “Cleric Beast” (literally “Beast of the Clergy”) and it bears that name because of a rumor according to which members of the clergy in Yharnam transform into this kind of monster. Among the humans turned beasts by the plague it’s one of the biggest.

Its transformation is hard to describe. It screams loudly and the body becomes pale. the ribs poke through its skin as it muscles become thin. However, it commands massive physical strength.

3 different enemies:

Beast Hunting Mob: As the plague spread, the crowd started to hunt the beasts. The impulse for the hunt is like a fever, and they themselves have already been infected by the plague of the beast, even if they don’t yet know. They keep seeking their preys in order to kill them, but in their maddened eyes even normal people appear as beasts.

Wheelchair Mob: Among the mob hunting the beasts, old men on wheelchairs can be found. Rich elderly men in wheelchairs are a common sight in Yharnam, and often are armed with firearms from the old wars. For those that can’t move well, there’s only one way to defend from the beasts, and the only mean they have left is violence.

Carrion Crow: Among the crows that eat rotting carrion, there are those that favor human meat. Those bloated, ugly monsters drag themselves between the corpses feasting on the once rich citizens of Yharnam. They are highly aggressive and are attracted by the smell of blood. They will attack humans if they get close, so that those that live will become carrion for them to eat.

The “Regain” system as also been explained:

If the player doesn’t want to die, attack will become the best defense. When receiving damage from the enemy, if said damage is returned within a certain amount of time, it’s possible to regenerate. The “Regain” system changes the concept of tactical defense and encourages the player to fight desperately to stay alive.

Saw Blade:

iSMXhEaXvoNnB.png

Beast Hunting Axe:

ibpaGvd2kNDun7.png

Beast Hunting Guns:

iblVwyfrpIM8Vn.png

Two more areas of the game detailed:

Cathedral District: Yharnam is divided in several districts. The center of the city is characterized by bridges and large streets. The Cathedral district is separated from the rest of the city by a cliff and its name originates from an ancient cathedral. It also became the home of a medical association that oversees the use of the “curative blood”

ibdDFTlq4hG7BV.png

Hemwick Cemetery District: Since there’s no shortage of corpses in Yahrnam, the local graveyard is very large. It’s easily located and is lined by graves big and small. It’s an ominous and gloomy place surrounded by a very poor district where the cultural level is also quite low. It’s currently deserted, but what lurks under the earth?

iP8hQIEBINh61.png

My goodness! Is there a targetted release date at this point! *drools* I never got back to Darks Soul 2 and at this point might just wait till this releases to get my fill so to speak.

Kyuur

I do like the idea of the Regain system, as long as it is balanced properly so you can't just wildly swing and get through the game. But who I am kidding, this is FROM, they won't let that happen.

My goodness! Is there a targetted release date at this point! *drools* I never got back to Darks Soul 2 and at this point might just wait till this releases to get my fill so to speak.
Apparently in the next 6 months

Edit: Two major exclusives in February may not be a good idea

Maybe January... March isn't in the 6 months interval but that could be a smart move

Panda Rin

reading the short enemy and npc descriptions gets me really excited to explore the lore. I love the way FROM approaches story-telling.

probably will be a March release with the way February is shaping up. January would be an absolute shocker to me...please make it happen Sony.

Abriael

Banned
Why the hell would that website be banned?

We posted an E3 rumor that proved to be inaccurate. Someone else reproduced it here, and the angry mob demanded our sacrifice on the altar of justice :D

PS: those screenshots were all included in the Gamescom assets (besides the weapons), but there were a few pieces of artwork that are new.

Cleric Beast

4_1.jpg

Cathdral District (probably the base of that medical association/cult that works with the curative blood)

1_4.png

Hemwick Cemetery District

2_3.jpg

Jonboy

Can't. Wait. Just looks and sounds phenomenal.

I have to add though...I personally love the name "Bloodborne," although I can't help but think "Beast Souls" would have led to more sales.

Edit: Although I guess "souls" have yet to be confirmed at all. Couldn't have souls in the title if you don't collect souls actually in-game.

Hemwick Cemetery District: Since there’s no shortage of corpses in Yahrnam, the local graveyard is very large. It’s easily located and is lined by graves big and small. It’s an ominous and gloomy place surrounded by a very poor district where the cultural level is also quite low. It’s currently deserted, but what lurks under the earth?
So evocative... I can only imagine the atmosphere!

Danlord

The Chromatic Aberration is strong in this image, I was playing P.T and noticed it a great deal there too; I'm not keen on it except in Outlast where it makes sense. I'm not disregarding the game because of it, just a small nuance I have with it.

We posted an E3 rumor that proved to be inaccurate. Someone else reproduced it here, and the angry mob demanded our sacrifice on the altar of justice :D

PS: those screenshots were all included in the Gamescom assets (besides the weapons), but there were a few pieces of artwork that are new.

Cleric Beast

4_1.jpg

Cathdral District (probably the base of that medical association/cult that works with the curative blood)

1_4.png

Hemwick Cemetery District

2_3.jpg

Do you have the art for the beast hunting mob, it looked pretty amamzing

I know it's not what will happen, but I think it would be great if this game had a night and day cycle in which during the day, you're free to roam around and gather quests/experience story etc. without the risk of enemies, and then at night, everything turns to shit. I guess I'm just dreaming up a different game.

Shogun1337

I know it's not what will happen, but I think it would be great if this game had a night and day cycle in which during the day, you're free to roam around and gather quests/experience story etc. without the risk of enemies, and then at night, everything turns to shit. I guess I'm just dreaming up a different game.

You're dreaming up something super cool, that would only have had a chance at existing back in the PS1-PS2/PC days. Too much work now.

Like an extreme version of Dragon's Dogma's night/day system?

Top Bottom