• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: Details on characters, enemies, weapons, locations, gameplay etc

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
EkRTK2N.gif

Thorgal

God... can you picture how bad it will be to get killed by wheelchair bound oldmen wielding outdated guns?

Oh the gifs that shall be made.

Player slices through 5 enemies like nothing and poses like a badass.
Gets shot off a cliff by wheelchair guy .
Text apears :GET OF MY LAWN !

Make it happen ,Gaf.

Molemitts

One of the characters the game is named Hunter Gascoigne and he’s described as follows:
  • "A lone person standing in a graveyard among the whirling ashes, he’s a bloodied hunter. He looks like an experienced veteran, but details are unknown."

Obviously this game will compare to Dark Souls, But I hope they can match how amazing the NPCs are in Dark Souls. There isn't many of them but that adds to the appeal. That feeling you get when you find an NPC in Dark Souls is unmatched, it's like you're traversing this unforgiving land, then all of a sudden you meet someone meet someone he hasn't gone hollow. It's like making a new friend, I love it.

I'm curious as to what type of armors can the character use. I take it all of them will be light, still I'm curious of their design.

I really doubt the game will come out in the next 6 months...but I wouldn't mind eating crow for this one :D

Trainman

Neo Member
The levels of hype for this are reaching toxic levels. Really need to nab a PS4 for this T_T
That being said if there isn't an option to roll around in a wheelchair as a player I will be disappointed.

Toxi

Banned
I'm liking the area themes so far. The graveyard areas look very different from the more dense cathedral areas.

Hoping to see a factory area with all sorts of nasty industrial revolution stuff.

This looks so amazing. I can safely say that I will be pre-ordering this even if I font have a PS4 by then. It'll give me a good reason to finish up my current backlog and then put aside some money for a PS4!

Finalow

by the way all of that info comes (probably, didn't translate it but same pics) from the famitsu scans. is it not ok to post them or to link famitsu at all?

Woah, first time I've seen this. 2 hunters? Do we have any info on the co-op?

This is all Miyazaki has said about Bloodborne's online features

Approaching Network Systems from a Social Science Perspective

Miyazaki:
The third concept I mentioned, “new online elements,” is something I can’t talk in detail about right now. The key phrase would be “free sharing of exploration,” but I can’t say any more about it, so please wait for future announcements.

4Gamer:
New online elements, you say?

Miyazaki:
Yes. Just like with Demon’s Souls, we want to do something cool with the network features.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117133934&postcount=2

I wonder what the explanation will be of why the other people are much taller than you...My current theory is that people (maybe even including players) progressively get taller and more hunched over the closer you get to becoming a "beast", before you eventually turn completely.

Superflat

So good. The art design is unbelievable.

With Bloodborne and The Order, I'm going to get my gothic fill next year. I've been waiting so long for games with this kind of setting and atmosphere. Delicious.

WilyRook

regain sounds brilliant. discourages running away, incentive for staying in the fight, demands you learn how to play well offensively. that's great

aly

So badass.....I wish we can do that as well

It's amazing how one moment can make one guy look so awesome

I wonder what the explanation will be of why the other people are much taller than you...My current theory is that people (maybe even including players) progressively get taller and more hunched over the closer you get to becoming a "beast", before you eventually turn completely.

I was thinking the same thing. It would explain why the townspeople and experienced hunter are so tall.

sublimit

Banned
From Software has become my favourite Japanese developer. This game brings so many fresh ideas and concepts yet it still retains the best aspects of the Souls games.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I never really cared much for the Souls games, but this game looks right up my alley. The main character even looks exactly like my D&D character!

Jsheldon

Love the graphics and art style,but hope they have more traditional style swords for weapons ( dual wield would even be cool). Just Not a giant axe/razor guy personally :/

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious as to what type of armors can the character use. I take it all of them will be light, still I'm curious of their design.

You guys are going to explode when you see some of the armour/weapons...

I really doubt the game will come out in the next 6 months...but I wouldn't mind eating crow for this one :D

Pun intended?

Just give me the option to bait the wheelchair mob to fall down a flight of stairs and I'll call this GOTY.

Or hell, kick them down a flight of stairs.

I hope this game has a stronger narrative and story focus than the Souls' titles.

Have they discussed anything about that? Anyone know?

Top Bottom