• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny has its first level 30 character - 107hrs over 3 characters

mocoworm

World's first lvl30 in Destiny

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-23-destiny-has-its-first-level-30-character

N3ac3y's TWITTER ACCOUNT

THE CLAN TWITTER

n3ac3y's TWITCH CHANNEL

Destiny has its first level 30 character.

American Mark Edward Neace Jr, aka N3AC3Y, scored the world first yesterday with a male Exo Hunter on Xbox. One exotic and eight legendary items are equipped. Here are the character stats, lifted from the player profile on Bungie.net:

Defense: 1463
Light: 120
Agility: 7
Discipline: 48
Intellect: 308
Strength: 115

According to Destinydb, the player has spent 107 hours, 15 minutes and 22 seconds playing the game. A quarter of that time was spent in the competitive multiplayer mode, The Crucible. Over 13 hours was spent in the Vault of Glass raid. Destiny, which launched on 9th September, has been out for two weeks.

Destiny has a soft level cap of 20, but you can go higher by equipping armour that has a light statistic. The higher your collective light stat, the higher level your character. The only problem is, high level gear with high light is hard to come by.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
American Mark Edward Neace Jr, aka N3AC3Y, scored the world first yesterday with a male Exo Hunter on Xbox. One exotic and eight legendary items are equipped. Here are the character stats, lifted from the player profile on Bungie.net:

iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

Robin64

For such a high level character, he looks pretty boring and not all that different from how you look at the lower levels. I guess I just expected a bit more... awesomeness.

foXqylN.png

munkimatt

Neo Member
For such a high level character, he looks pretty boring and not all that different from how you look at the lower levels. I guess I just expected a bit more... awesomeness.

foXqylN.png

I doubt that's how his in game character looks. The web view doesn't show any of the interesting aspects, for example my glowing gauntlets don't show.

Ploid 3.0

No low level has that white shader though. The cloak too.

Lol and now he can stop playing that mediocre game.

Nah, new events launched today, and everything is refreshed so he may level new classes or stock up on materials and keep upgrading/searching for loot. You are a Diablo player, you know how it is. Efficiency, and there's also a great pvp mode.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

foXqylN.png

I welcome our untextured overlord.

Hunters seriously got the short end of the stick with armor sets.

Lucent

Kinda hard for me to reach 30 when Bungie screwed up the FWC faction gear by requiring a material that doesn't exist in the game. =[

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So what happens when Bungie raises the XP level cap?

Will the light just be added on to whatever your base xp level is?

i-Lo

So according to bungie, this becomes a different game after lvl 20. So what game is destiny after lvl 30?

Ploid 3.0

So what happens when Bungie raises the XP level cap?

Will the light just be added on to whatever your base xp level is?

Have a feeling they will continue raising caps with light. If they do increase base level I'm sure light will still add the extra, though it'll be weird when people get the new level 21+ gear and have to drop in levels while they're upgrading the new gear.

nubbe

The only thing levels dose is to block gear twinking...

But since that shit is "normalized" and you can hit 27 instantly when you are 20 with an alt...

Levels are useless

So is there a hard cap with gear? I'm only level 12 so I'm not quite sure how that stuff works but I assume there must be some sort of eventual hard cap. If not then that's pretty cool.

Lucent

So is there a hard cap with gear? I'm only level 12 so I'm not quite sure how that stuff works but I assume there must be some sort of eventual hard cap. If not then that's pretty cool.

You can level up to 20 through exp. After that, you gotta gain levels by gaining armor with light on it. You need 21 light to reach level 21, then 11 more light for every other level. 30 is the highest you can go right now.

drotahorror

One of my long time online buddies tells me about Destiny almost every day. It sounds more grindy than korean mmo's. I like grinding but I don't like having to spend half a day (or possibly not even completing) doing dailies.

Top Bottom