• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny has its first level 30 character - 107hrs over 3 characters

DieH@rd

Banned
KgHzzou.jpg

diehard_981humanmalewaxcei.jpg
destiny_2014092313103fkfff.jpg
destiny_2014092313140v0evb.jpg

Camwi

Good for him. Don't know how much time I've spent on the game, but I'm sure it's a fraction of that.

Game has been fucking awesome so far. Feels so good to jump from enemy to enemy, either meleeing or blasting them in the face.

rezn0r

FFXI here, I would come home and launch the game, sometimes I don't even turn it off even if I'm gone. This guy could be afk a lot in that game, I mean surely he was. People afk a lot even in SP games (Pause button for example). Just looking at the hours played means little until there is a hours active sort of like the actions per minute in Starcraft.

you're giving me flashbacks (pretty sure I remember you from XI as well, or at least maybe BG?) - my game timer in that was reaching 600 DAYS by the time i called it quits... and yeah at least a third of that was afk time... i promise...

Monocle

Whoa, this awesome character's awesome equipment must look awesome. Definitely way cooler than Master Chief, at least!

For such a high level character, he looks pretty boring and not all that different from how you look at the lower levels. I guess I just expected a bit more... awesomeness.

foXqylN.png
Oh.

Is the gear bland because they needed ones the rare light attribute or something which limits you to the more common side of the rare armour (assuming chance of light is the same on all armour, I've no idea how that works in destiny)?

Sinfamy

Question:

If I take my character and go near the cave where everyone is loot farming and just leave him there AFK overnight, will the stuff still be there in the morning? Will it boot me for being AFK?

Question:

If I take my character and go near the cave where everyone is loot farming and just leave him there AFK overnight, will the stuff still be there in the morning? Will it boot me for being AFK?

Seen players do it, and i had been afk for like 3 min to take a piss and there was loot in the cave.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lol, i recognized the name then realized i was teamed with him a few games in a row of skirmish. i'm not great, but i carried him =P

DrZeus

The more time goes by these kinda things start to really lessen my desire to ever play this game. Bungie really blwe it. Hopefully expansion and patches can give this game some of the changes it needs. :/

Hyun Sai

Come on guys, on a loot/grind based game, 107 hours in 2 weeks is like child's play.

There is much much worse out there.

Whats awesome aside from the gunplay?

For me: Purple drops, blue drops, opening a chest and it being the motherload, running skirmish with my best friend and his brother, punching out a major solo and watching glimmer shoot out like a pinata, blue flames shooting out of my helmet, when everyone in party chat yells "Venus baby!" before we head to Venus even if they aren't in our fireteam, leveling up the cryptarch and getting an exotic from the postmistress, shoulder slamming another titan then being quick with the melee and coming out victorious, getting strike missions down to a 12 minute run from start to finish, my machine gun, flipping over a friend on his sparrow with my sparrow, getting rammed with a friend's sparrow and dying from "misadventure."

On topic: 30 is the highest you can reach, huh? I wonder what he'll do from now on. Continue to play for marks to plunk down on the new stuff coming in the expansion?

Question:

I've seen friends get disconnected for being idle/AFK for a certain length of time. Happened to a friend on Mars. Happened to me when I was in the tower.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Whats awesome aside from the gunplay?

"aside from the gunplay"... isnt that arguably the MOST important aspect to a FPS?

i'd add the atmosphere, design/art, lore, character building, level design, pvp, ai, sound, and music

kick51

Banned
This loser actually plays video games? I thought everyone just bought this stuff to display on their shelves and argue about review scores.

JimPanzer

my problem with destiny: he looks exactly the same as some with level 20 does. there's nothing more he could do with that level which you can't do at lower levels and it isn't even visually more appealing.
I'm level 26 and I have no reason to go higher. At least make me look badass bungie!

Robin64

I love how people are criticizing how much someone played a game....on a video game message board.

Funnily enough, most people are criticizing how little someone has played the game, given it's a loot grinder. 7 hours a day is pretty much nothing compared to behemoths like Diablo III and World of Warcraft.

Now's the perfect time to make all that stuff easily achievable for everyone with a patch and piss the guy off. :p

Kinda feel this shit happens with MMOs and many other online games all the time.

Come on guys, on a loot/grind based game, 107 hours in 2 weeks is like child's play.

There is much much worse out there.

This what I keep trying to say, there is some grind involved in Destiny, but it's nothing compared to proper mmo's. In my opinion Destiny is more rewarding because I'm not sat there just pressing 1-8 on my keyboard for two months to get a legendary.

shem935

Banned
Funnily enough, most people are criticizing how little someone has played the game, given it's a loot grinder. 7 hours a day is pretty much nothing compared to behemoths like Diablo III and World of Warcraft.

Well the level progression is completely different from Wow and Diablo but there were a specific group of people saying life well wasted that clearly weren't saying that.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm surprised he was able to reach 30 without any Exotic armour equipped.

He found ton of legendaries that can be leveled up to 30 light, and then he upgraded them all with tons of Shards. If I had that many shards, I would be mid 28lvl now [I'm stucked at 15light rare helm, cant find legendary helm for the life of me. Oh well, I will soon have 120 marks so I will purchase one].

BigDug13

As a former WoW player I laugh at Destiny player's lack of dedication.

WoW felt different with each character I created because the sheer amount of starting and intermediate zones per race and per faction. Destiny doesn't have anything like that. WoW in beta had far more content than Destiny at release.

Robin64

WoW felt different with each character I created because the sheer amount of starting and intermediate zones per race and per faction. Destiny doesn't have anything like that. WoW in beta had far more content than Destiny at release.

WoW has more content than Destiny in The Barrens.

Altered_Beast

Neo Member
This brings up my biggest issue with the game. Leveling up past 20 is luck based. I've got a lvl 24 Hunter that I've got at least 75 hours on, and I don't have a single Legendary (due to the tremendous cock-tease that is Destiny's loot drop system).

How did he get a full set of raid gear already, though? I thought you could only get limited drops per week? And aren't the raid gear drops class specific, so his extra characters wouldn't do him much good? I think I'm missing something here. All I know is those legendaries aren't just stuff from the cave.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This brings up my biggest issue with the game. Leveling up past 20 is luck based. I've got a lvl 24 Hunter that I've got at least 75 hours on, and I don't have a single Legendary (due to the tremendous cock-tease that is Destiny's loot drop system).

It's not luck based at all. People who keep saying that need to spend some time learning about the systems in place.

Top Bottom