• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny has its first level 30 character - 107hrs over 3 characters

Ploid 3.0

lol "refreshed" that's the word they use to describe 2nd hand items that've been wiped down with windex

Timers are refreshed* as in they can go back to the raid and obtain gear again on their characters. You are limited in doing events with rewards a certain amount per week. The new week resets things so you can get rewards again.

Chao

Will there be a new thread once he hits 31? I don't wanna miss anything related to this incredible event

For such a high level character, he looks pretty boring and not all that different from how you look at the lower levels. I guess I just expected a bit more... awesomeness.

foXqylN.png

That's the problem with this game.

Unless you have exotic gear with its opulent and unique look, you basically have the same generic look as everyone else.

Not sure why it bothers pointing out what legendary items he as beyond armor, as that's all that provides light.

A hell of a lot of players have all the armor they need to hit level 30. The major problem is that at that point you're about level 27, and need nothing but ascendant shards, and there's no reliable way to farm those. Complete RNG.

It's a great feat, and I congratulate him and all. But this isn't similar to a level cap first in an MMO, or a guild first raid completion or something. This is more similar to the first player to get like some really rare mount to drop or something. This guy prayed to rngeezus.

Which is ironic and fitting, because most of the people criticising it don't realise it's a WebGL image of the set up that is lacking a lot of detail the actual game's version has.
Which is a flaw in how Bungle has handled both the website and mobile application, which is unfortunate considering how well this was handled with the Halo series.

Derpcrawler

WoW also costs an additional £9 a month on top of the game cost. Not really comparable.

WoW doesn't have new tier for 20 bucks a pop though, you pay your monthly sub and have access to each new tier with expansion each 2 years for 40 bucks.

"The only problem is, high level gear with high light is hard to come by."

No. No it's not. By now you can have a full set of Legendaries and a single exotic just by hitting the weekly caps and buying vendor gear.

Once again, the problem is getting ascendant shards to increase the light level of that gear.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So what's the advantage of leveling up multiple characters? Maybe I should make some more...

Vidpixel

For such a high level character, he looks pretty boring and not all that different from how you look at the lower levels. I guess I just expected a bit more... awesomeness.

foXqylN.png

To be fair, the web app makes your character look significantly worse than what you look like in-game.

So what's the advantage of leveling up multiple characters? Maybe I should make some more...
Variety.

There's a stash where you can store loot to be shared across all your characters. So if you're like me and have received 2 legendaries for a hunter on your warlock, you might want to make a hunter next.

ChrisD

Come on guys, on a loot/grind based game, 107 hours in 2 weeks is like child's play.

There is much much worse out there.

Yep

You guys don't know an entire group of players if you think this is an enormous number. This is some low-tier grinding.

Finalow

congrats, I guess.

107 hours in 2 weeks is not really impressive or "wow such a nerd". good for him that he has the time and that he found a game on which he enjoyed (I suppose?) spending 7 hours each day.

Which is a flaw in how Bungle has handled both the website and mobile application, which is unfortunate considering how well this was handled with the Halo series.
yeah, the website is utter garbage.

Two weeks ago; he quit his job, divorced his wife and said goodbye to his children. But becoming the first level 30 player was bigger than life - it was Mark Edward Neace Jr's destiny.
you need to try harder for a tag, man.

Kevtones

Two weeks ago; he quit his job, divorced his wife and said goodbye to his children. But becoming the first level 30 player was bigger than life - it was Mark Edward Neace Jr's destiny.

Ploid 3.0

I just saw how the armor he's wearing looks ingame, it looks a lot cooler and detailed. There's a watercooling pipe on the front of it that's not seen in the web thing for example. It just looks all around better, even with the white.

Could the web versions be the PS3/360 models, or maybe WiiU's?

Zok310

Banned
No skill required for this, just based on total luck.
If certain ascendent items would drop more frequently them most of the community would be at lvl 30.
So far I have all legendary armor with 1 exotic armor and at lvl 27.

I have 17 ascendent energy and 3 ascendent shards. No matter what I do, public events or daily story on 28 all this game insists on giving me is only ascendent energy. Simply cannot level past 27 because of RNG, I am literally stuck there no matter what I do.
I have 4 days and 18 hours in the game........ Pure fucking luck.

107 hours in Destiny? Core gameplay must be amazing if people want to experience the same couple hours of content over and over 50+ times in two weeks.

Pimpwerx

Do you need to get raid gear to get armor that hits level 30 light? I thought legendary armor only got to 25, and exotic got to 25. PEACE.

Marvel

could never
Cool, but I'm surprised at how bland his Hunter looks. I'll be rolling a Titan next I think.

Gatti, yours is sexy as fuck.

107 hours in Destiny? Core gameplay must be amazing if people want to experience the same couple hours of content over and over 50+ times in two weeks.

Could be. Or could be lots of people with addictive personalities, OCD, recently unemployed, under house-arrest, witness relocation, etc...:)~

cripterion

Wait... so there are no exotic sets of armor since you can only wear a piece at a time?

Add that to the list of dumb things about the game I guess. I would love to see the logic behind this.

Ploid 3.0

Look at how many hours people put into low content games like Mario Kart, Madden, Call of Duty, Hearth Stone, Mine Craft, Street Fighters, Chess, Pong, Basketball, Tennis, etc. People do crazy things.

Fighting games were my most played games last gen. Mostly 1 vs 1 particular person, my rival. Least played games were story games. MP has endless content if the gameplay/design is good.

Do you need to get raid gear to get armor that hits level 30 light? I thought legendary armor only got to 25, and exotic got to 25. PEACE.

Yes you need the raid gear and you need to upgrade them. The raid gear can have more light, enough light to be level 30.

Ploid 3.0

Low content?

Sure, maybe if you're a chump and own anything but the PC version.

I wasn't criticizing any of those games. They are great games, that provide countless of hours of enjoyment making your own fun with friends and strangers using the system put in place inside of the game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The saltiness in this thread is so damn good. People contorting all around trying to understand "how can someone put that much time into a game I think sucks! Arch!"

Fedele

foXqylN.png

Agreed. I wish there were other ways to highlight your character's gear' even if it's just a better view mode for individual gear pieces (not just hitting triangle for a limited view).

I hit lvl 20 yesterday and have no desire whatsoever to hit 30 given the scarcity of good loot... If it happens, it happens, but I have better things to do.

Top Bottom