• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny has its first level 30 character - 107hrs over 3 characters

For such a high level character, he looks pretty boring and not all that different from how you look at the lower levels. I guess I just expected a bit more... awesomeness.

foXqylN.png

Yeah, compared to any other loot and gear based game, thats pretty weak. Especially since thats supposed to be what this game is all about, hearing the campaign is a bummer. I immediately went to his profile expecting to see some WoW level 90 character with giant shoulder pads and a black flaming mount lol

Yeah, compared to any other loot and gear based game, thats pretty weak. Especially since thats supposed to be what this game is all about, hearing the campaign is a bummer. I immediately went to his profile expecting to see some WoW level 90 character with giant shoulder pads and a black flaming mount lol

he probably/definitely has a shader on, which colours all of your gear to a matching theme (everything is a shade of red, gold highlights on things, greyscale etc.) so that probably isn't helping. makes it more coherent though.

ViciousDS

Banned
For such a high level character, he looks pretty boring and not all that different from how you look at the lower levels. I guess I just expected a bit more... awesomeness.

foXqylN.png

damn, that is bland as hell. Even with the color shader taken out or changed it still looks incredibly boring, nothing on that hunter would pop out in terms of gear look. In any loot game I want to look like a bad ass with high level gear, so glad I stopped playing. I'm sadly now back on the WoW addiction train lol.

olimpia84

foXqylN.png

I thought this was a joke at first.
100+ hours to look like this? lol

he probably/definitely has a shader on, which colours all of your gear to a matching theme (everything is a shade of red, gold highlights on things, greyscale etc.) so that probably isn't helping. makes it more coherent though.

Ooohh that makes more sense. Im sure he looks somewhat different in game. The overall shape and look of the guy looks pretty much the same as my hunter from the beta. I get the feeling this game has more gear with different attributes than it does aesthetics.

Darak

One of my long time online buddies tells me about Destiny almost every day. It sounds more grindy than korean mmo's. I like grinding but I don't like having to spend half a day (or possibly not even completing) doing dailies.

You can grind in Destiny but then you'll burn the content very fast. There is not very much to do in the game, it is nothing like an MMO, much less a Korean one.

DieH@rd

Banned

foXqylN.png

That's shitty WebGl rendering from the Bungie site. Ingame rendering is far superior.

MMaRsu

Banned
No low level has that white shader though. The cloak too.

Nah, new events launched today, and everything is refreshed so he may level new classes or stock up on materials and keep upgrading/searching for loot. You are a Diablo player, you know how it is. Efficiency, and there's also a great pvp mode.

Sorry but there are no new events. Just a few new bounties. I know how it is, I'm just saying this game does a bad job of it.

Ploid 3.0

That's shitty WebGl rendering from the Bungie site. Ingame rendering is far superior.

Yeah I was going to mention that it looks odd in that picture. In game it's much brighter and such. I thought they took a capture from their tv introducing some weird effect. The white is cool looking.

Sorry but there are no new events. Just a few new bounties. I know how it is, I'm just saying this game does a bad job of it.

Yes that. The queen thing.

Edit: Destiny's Queen's Wrath event

drotahorror

You can grind in Destiny but then you'll burn the content very fast. There is not very much to do in the game, it is nothing like an MMO, much less a Korean one.

I'm saying the game is a grind, like an MMO. Not that it plays like one, although from the beta it definitely shares some similar qualities. But I've only played MMO's for the past decade so maybe some are different since I haven't played them all.

The fact that my buddy spends his entire day doing dailies, to me, it sounds like a grind.

Ploid 3.0

As a former WoW player I laugh at Destiny's player's lack of dedication.

FFXI here, I would come home and launch the game, sometimes I don't even turn it off even if I'm gone. This guy could be afk a lot in that game, I mean surely he was. People afk a lot even in SP games (Pause button for example). Just looking at the hours played means little until there is a hours active sort of like the actions per minute in Starcraft.

FFXI here, I would come home and launch the game, sometimes I don't even turn it off even if I'm gone. This guy could be afk a lot in that game, I mean surely he was. People afk a lot even in SP games (Pause button for example). Just looking at the hours played means little until there is a hours active sort of like the actions per minute in Starcraft.

I am more referring to players that I know who would play 12-14 hours a day when a new expansion hit. So it would only take them about half that time to reach 104 hours played.

Some would play for 48 hours straight to get realm first max levels.

Ploid 3.0

I am more referring to players that I know who would play 12-14 hours a day when a new expansion hit. So it would only take them about half that time to reach 104 hours played.

Some would play for 48 hours straight to get realm first max levels.

Oh yea, I can understand that, especially these days with people trying to be world first like with Diablo 3, or like you said WoW (new content and raids).

Ploid 3.0

How many hours shooting at the cave?

Probably a lot, it's the most efficient way to level. With him having 2 other level 20 characters he would have to spend a ton of time there to race to 30 before anyone else. The chance for loot makes it a bit less dull since you're feeling the progress.

The more enjoyable way to play would be maybe a few pvp matches or a mission per day with no burnout.

Ken

The extra two characters probably helped a lot with getting the ascendant shards needed to upgrade the final defense tier for light.

He should really provide a picture of what he looks like in game...because that looks like shit.

One of the biggest faults about the game is the shitty loot.

I want a dragon shaped sniper rifle that roars whenever I get a headshot...and a warthog mount.

Man

Worldwide first completion of a Raid, The Vault of Glass, was on PS4.
Worldwide first lvl 30 was on Xbox.

Xbox gamers prefer to grind themselves to victory confirmed.

JoeNut

average level that i seem to see around is about 24-25. so 30 is good going, highest ive seen is 27.

That being said i have put hardly any time into it (relatively) and im level 15. i'm guessing the time to level really scales up at 20

FiraB

Banned
As sad as it is I gave up at 26, just couldn't stand the grind when my purples don't give me purples. Horse and carrot is fine but don't horse and carrot then blow the carrot up before the horse gets it. That's just not fun...

Banned
I gave up at 23. Never found legendary drops but I did just join a faction and I'll return to destiny once I get caught up on my backlog.

Marcel

Worldwide first completion of a Raid, The Vault of Glass, was on PS4.
Worldwide first lvl 30 was on Xbox.

Xbox gamers prefer to grind themselves to victory confirmed.

Nobody cares about what console you play Destiny on. Some GameFAQS-tier trash here.

Top Bottom