• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut by £20 in the UK Now £329.99 - even White Sunset Overdrive bundle

mocoworm

Interesting stuff. Reposting my thoughts from the other thread about this, when it still seemed rumour-ish.

It's interesting this - only two or three months ago, Microsoft was promoting the drop to £349.99; now it's gone lower again. To have knocked off around £100 in less than a year is insane really, and shows just how far in front Sony is.

Of course, this does create a problem for Sony. They don't really need to drop the price, but do need to make sure they suddenly don't become labelled as the "expensive" option. I think it's a good problem to have, though - the lack of PR attached to this "price drop" suggests it's, for want of a better word, an embarassed move; it's very low key.

I think Sony will make a massive deal out of things when they do eventually drop the price, and they'll likely benefit from it much more than what Microsoft's doing here. Of course, they do have a bit of a headache until that happens.

It's a good problem to have, though - and good for the industry all around; I've no issue with a clear front runner, but it's nice to see the two at least pushing each other.

I worry that if microsoft reward day 1 buyers at some point I will miss out, I never redeemed the day one achievement because I thought it was trash.

Sunset Overdrive sure looks nice, but there's nothing else on the platform that could interest me that isn't available on the PS4 which I already own, or on the PC (so much for the word "exclusive"). Regardless of their price I don't think I'd purchase one right now.

They have a software problem, not a pricing one, in my opinion.

Averon

I wonder how much danger MS is in with consumer with these constant price cuts and deals. Why pick up a Xbone now when there's a better deal just around the corner?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Desperate? If they can drop the price comfortably then it's a move at expanding the user base by offering value. They're aiming for the price point the market will respond to.

Yes, desperate. They need to do this to try and expand their user base. It's dropped £100 in less than a year, how is that not the move of a desperate company?

jiiikoo

Banned
Same. Sub £300 and a revision model (ala slim) and I'll take it. Got a space in my Entertainment unit waiting. Just not willing to spend £300+ for a Xbone with only 2 exclusives I'm interested in atm.

I think I'll wait for the 249€ model that will eventually come. I'm in no hurry to get it.

No ones creeping up.

Link, last we heard the gap was getting bigger.

Where did you read that?

What fairyland you living in New Zealand?

If creeping up on them, you mean being outsold by the PS4 every week, yes I agree.

Hahaha "slowly"

I mean that it has been selling better than before in the recent weeks (It was the second-biggest selling console last week. Which is a lot better than it has been doing).

Ignoring it would be very PS3-era thing for Sony to do.

Guymelef

Soon...
gen001584.jpg

I think I'll wait for the 249€ model that will eventually come. I'm in no hurry to get it.

Yup. However like a poster said above it's not a pricing problem for me it's a software one. There isn't many games I'm interested in for me to purchase. I can get most of them on my ps4 or PC. Leaving Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 the only games I'm slightly interested in.

I;m hoping by the time it is around £250-£280 and a hardware revision there will be some more announced games that take my fancy.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I mean that it has been selling better than before in the recent weeks (It was the second-biggest selling console last week. Which is a lot better than it has been doing).

Ignoring it would be very PS3-era thing for Sony to do.

The difference is that the PS3 was 'outselling' the 360 WW. The XB1 is getting outsold WW by a huge margin and getting beaten in the UK and the US. Regardless of whether the ratio has grown smaller, in no way can it be described as 'creeping up'.

Top Bottom