• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut by £20 in the UK Now £329.99 - even White Sunset Overdrive bundle

Kayant

They might in the US and UK, where the Xbox is slowly creeping up on them.

Nah.

US - 700k+ gap
UK - 400k+ gap

That Phil Spencer effect :p... This should help them week on week but it isn't large enough to narrow the gap by a big margin. Always good for consumers when companies are trying to not lose ground to their competitors.

Same. Sub £300 and a revision model (ala slim) and I'll take it. Got a space in my Entertainment unit waiting. Just not willing to spend £300+ for a Xbone with only 2 exclusives I'm interested in atm.

Totally agree sub £300 slim model Xbox One is what I am waiting for. At that time there should be a new Gears of War and Alan Wake (hopefully) Until then I am happy with just a PS4.

It amazes me just how much it's been slashed in less than a year. Which while it's a good thing for consumers to get better deals, I have to wonder how much lower they plan to go. Buying one at £330 might seem like a good idea now but by Xmas it could be under £300 or next Easter £280 and even with a game or 2. You really don't know how much more desperate MS is going to get with it if the first year is anything to go by and therefore sitting on the fence is actually a better way to go with the XBone. Which won't be what MS wants, but is creating.

Not sure £20 cheaper is going to make any impact but it's coming up to it's most important month to actually perform well so who knows. Be interesting to see if MS is making any money on the system though in their attempt to win back some marketshare.

Hindle

Banned
Pachter mentioned there's an amazing deal coming for the X1 this Christmas period. I wonder if it's a minor pricecut?

dock

Seems they're keen to get the price equal or lower than the PS4 in the UK.

The last time a console dropped so much so fast was the N64, which had a £100 price drop within 10 months or so, and then further £50 price drop six months later.

edit: I had completely forgotten that the original Xbox launched at £299 in the UK, then dropped to £199 about five weeks later! :O

Pachter mentioned there's an amazing deal coming for the X1 this Christmas period. I wonder if it's a minor pricecut?

I doubt he was referring to this, my guess is something to do with either Minecraft and Halo and a big "Black Friday" sale.

Kysen

Sony should go £299. The UK is really price sensitive, better to stay ahead than lose steam and have to claw back marketshare. 3rd party/psn+ is where the money is.

Note they have nothing to worry about mainland Europe.

max-pain

Chart.aspx

Carl

Sony should go £299. The UK is really price sensitive, better to stay ahead than lose steam and have to claw back marketshare. 3rd party/psn+ is where the money is.

Note they have nothing to worry about mainland Europe.

They should, but they're selling well right now and they won't cut price until they have to.

They should, but they're selling well right now and they won't cut price until they have to.
It might be a good idea of them to consider cutting the price as a precaution, though. Even by just £10 or £15 - it is easier to stay in the lead than to get back up there, if the cheaper XB1s started to sway people.

Facism

Amazon UK kept a black Destiny bundle for 329 for about 1 week.

tesco have that available right now.

Interesting times, really looking forward to christmas to see what sorts of deals the bone has going for it and what reaction sony gives it.

spwolf

I mean that it has been selling better than before in the recent weeks (It was the second-biggest selling console last week. Which is a lot better than it has been doing).

Ignoring it would be very PS3-era thing for Sony to do.

well actually no... rate is 1.5x, which is what it was before too, in the UK.

PS4 has bundles with games too.

Way to ensure that no one in the UK buys a Microsoft console on the day of release ever again. A reduction of £100 in less than a year since its release, damn.

Still no sign of a Master Chief bundle?
At the same time retailers dropped to £329 many also added a number of bundles, all at the same time.

Amazon, ASDA etc all offering GTA V or Halo MCC or FH2 or FIFA or COD AW for £349. Not official bundles, so no pretty packaging.

The problem with this is that the console was already widely available in a bundle with Titanfall and Kinect for £349.99 back in April. When they ditched Kinect without reducing the price, it effectively got a price increase, and this new £329.99 cut still doesn't look like a particularly amazing deal compared to what it was (I'm no fan of Kinect, but I'd pay an extra £20 for it to be bundled).

SmokyDave

Way to ensure that no one in the UK buys a Microsoft console on the day of release ever again. A reduction of £100 in less than a year since its release, damn.
Eh, same thing happened with the Xbox 1 and it didn't stop us warming to the 360. I don't think memories are as long as people think.

Kayant

Desperate? If they can drop the price comfortably then it's a move at expanding the user base by offering value. They're aiming for the price point the market will respond to.

Well that's true then but then there is also the fact their competitor as not had to the same and is ahead by a 1.5:1 ratio. That's forgetting the fact that kinect was said to be an integrated part of the system and would never be unbundled by was, this is the second price cut 7 months. It's more like they are aiming to try minimise/reduce the gap from increasing.

wilflare

I rather Sony not drop the price.
Stick with the old price but add the PlayStation Camera in - over-delivering on that that value

Radec

I wonder if it'll go to 299 + a game this holiday.

Hey at least they got Kinect right. The peripheral with a great future ahead.

Oh wait..

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I wonder if it'll go to 299 + a game this holiday.

Hey at least they got Kinect right. The peripheral with a great future ahead.

Oh wait..
I feel like the main thing kinect always had going for it was the voice stuff for the OS so I don't feel like those people got screwed over there. That will always be there. Who honestly expcted kinect to have a bright future software wise?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I feel like the main thing kinect always had going for it was the voice stuff for the OS so I don't feel like those people got screwed over there. That will always be there. Who honestly expcted kinect to have a bright future software wise?

So you think a $150 peripheral to do the job that a $15 peripheral could do isn't a rip off?

Hasney

Sony have such a lead worldwide that they don't need to make a move in terms of price. Hell, after the last financial results, I doubt they would really want to engage in a price war right now.

You mean just like the Fifa 14 launch bundle? Yeh, that helped.

That bundle was almost £100 more expensive than the PS4 at the time...

As someone who has been a gamer in the UK for over 30 years, I can tell you that we LOVE cheaper consoles. In fact, we LOVE cheap anything. We are very tight with our money.

Top Bottom