• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub gameplay

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Thats bold.
Do you think Driveclub can score higher than Horizon2?

I think it might be the better racing game, but I doubt that its meaty enough for such a high score.
Especially since there is no weather at launch.

No weather at launch? Weird. Please tell me its not going to be some dlc shit or something. It'll just be eventually patched in I would hope. First time I've heard that so my bad if this is something that is common knowledge.

No weather at launch? Weird. Please tell me its not going to be some dlc shit or something. It'll just be eventually patched in I would hope. First time I've heard that so my bad if this is something that is common knowledge.
Yes, it's not a payed dlc as far as i know.

viveks86

Free DLC around December

Kinyou

Is there no music during the races? Or is it perhaps just missing in the preview build? I thought I read something about the game having a big soundtrack

VinFTW

Well fellas, I think this is it for me.

Going on media blackout till release.

Feel free to add me on PSN, definitely could use some friends on there since X1 is normally my social console.

PSN: Vinftw22

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Is it sort of like the Call of Duty insignia editor, or more so?

Never dealt with COD editor, but it DC's goes like this:

Different design categories (Street, Rebel, Graphic,...etc) All with buttloads of designs to choose from within them.

Then you can edit colours, I think there's four color layers.

You can't mix and match or overlap sections of designs or anything. So there's bound to be some repetition and in pattern, just colour variation.

That said, if you make one or more of the four colour layers the same the design itself looks different although simpler.

LOL

I think TheWorthyEdge is taking care of that.

Got it.

Perhaps some features for the online community aren't in place until launch?

I don't think that's it because I was able to access the create a club sub menu to take a screenshot for Radec.

Only now that I realized some cars are locked until you level your club I went to check and it was inaccessible.

Gestault

Different design categories (Street, Rebel, Graphic,...etc) All with buttloads of designs to choose from within them.

You can't mix and match or overlap sections of designs or anything. So there's bound to be some repetition and in pattern, just colour variation.

That said, if you make one or more of the four colour layers the same the design itself looks different although simpler.

Ok, good to hear. That sounds along the lines of the Halo insignia tool, probably with a bit more variation. From the way they talked about getting pre-order club insignias, I was afraid it was all pre-made artwork. This is a step up from something like that.

xjkamk.gif

viveks86

Are there basic shapes that we can overlay to create different patterns?

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Driveclub gameplay from video capture vs super sampled gameplay from video capture. No sharpness or anything added, only contrast and colour adjusted to better match super sampled gameplay.

Time of day is still different, but otherwise you can see how comparable actual gameplay still is.

DriveclubSuperSampledvsGameplay.jpg~original

There's a noticeable difference. One is sharper (mountain in the distance) with less noisy motion blur.

i-Lo

One aspect that DriveClub does astonishingly well is the one thing that pushes it ever closer to photorealism- lighting. Looking at Canada - Hennessey Venom video, I am still awestruck by the ilghting model.

I don't care if they have tone it down a bit or be more aggressive scaling back everything else, but I am hoping it makes it to the next Motorstorm game, whenever it may be. The world could do with a stunning offroad racer like that.

There's a noticeable difference. One is sharper (mountain in the distance) with less noisy motion blur.

thats a noticeable difference to you?

But the exactly alike cars, reflections, shadows, AA on powerlines, distant object details, lighting means nothing?

Motion Blur on some bushes sure does change the overall image quality from gameplay to supersampled bullshot.

Come on peeps

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm putting up the OT in an hour. Here's a preview:

Drive club #ot |drivexluv|

Release date: should have been a year ago wah!!!

Rebiewa: bad

Graphics : please refer to other threads

One aspect that DriveClub does astonishingly well is the one thing that pushes it ever closer to photorealism- lighting. Looking at Canada - Hennessey Venom video, I am still awestruck by the ilghting model.

Once you nail the lighting everything else seems to fall into place, GT often did it with some awful assets.

VanWinkle

Been watching more of these Gamersyde videos. Man this game just looks so good. If I LOVE the PS+ Edition, I will probably pick it up, but I don't know for sure yet. If the upgrade price was more like $40, I would probably be more enticed to do that.

That Norway track just looks incredible. The mountains in the distance, and the way the sun hits them, is breathtaking.

Ricky_R

The gamersyde videos look quite good, which means that on my TV it will look even better. Not sure if it's just me, but HQ videos from gamersyde always look less impressive on my computer compared to how well they look on my TV. It happened with KZ: SF and Infamous SS.

Possibly my monitors (work / home) are poorly calibrated.

Gurish

Hopefully we can get IQ like the previous footage with this level of visual fidelity at some point this gen. Will be really cool if that happens.

Sorry man that wont happen. consoles can't produce super sampled IQ at this level of fidelity, you will need a very powerful PC in order to super sample Drive Club, no AAA racing game will have such IQ on PS4 (or ONE obviously), if you want such IQ you will have to get a very powerful PC.

viveks86

Sorry man that wont happen. consoles can't produce super sampled IQ at this level of fidelity, you will need a very powerful PC in order to super sample Drive Club, no AAA racing game will have such IQ on PS4 (or ONE obviously), if you want such IQ you will have to get a very powerful PC.

What if I tell you it's not "supersampled" but just has better AA, like 4x MSAA? There are console games out there with that AA already.

I think we can rest assured that we will reach that target mid-late this generation.

Top Bottom