• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's Windows Nin-... er, 10 event - 9/30/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

KDUHj3K.jpg

Overview

Where to follow online
Text/Photos

Important Links for after the event (thanks to neowin.net)
(Some of the links aren't live right now or are incomplete)

I didn't see anything up yet so, I figured I'd throw something together. t just wanted to get something up now & will tweak it before the event starts tomorrow. The links in the last section will (once they go live) go to the download/general info pages.

Before this get's too out of hand, I wanted to mention that this is an enterprise preview, meaning that the major visual changes in the final version are not present, and major features such as Cortana are not present as well. The beginning of next year is when the consumer preview will take place.

Kubiubo

Before this gets too out of hand, I wanted to mention that this is an enterprise preview, the major visual changes in the final version are not present, and major features such as Cortana are not present as well. The beginning of next year is when the consumer preview will take place. A lot of people were confused about that on some other Windows forums.

That being said, I'm looking forward to what Terry Myerson and Joe Belfiore have in store, especially in 2015 when the combined Windows Phone/Windows RT SKU is revealed.

SPDIF

No live streaming?

The sort of things they'll discuss in this event are not things that your typical person would really care about, so it's no surprise really. You'll have to wait for more developer and/or consumer centric events before you get a live stream.

rjinaz

Seems like you're already convinced though.

Not if it's free though which means I lose nothing to try it. I have tried a lot of things out for free. Me trying it out wouldn't equate to me already being convinced of anything. I may hate it and never try it again (or in this case reinstall windows 7).

Vilifier

Neo Member
If Microsoft really wanted to shake things up they should let Windows 7 users upgrade to Windows 8 for free right now, then they can do the transition to Windows 9 whenever it is released.

Guri

Like it was said before, don't be too hyped. They'll talk about Enterprise, not the Consumer version.

Reversed

My college relies on windows OSes and is currently using 8.1

I could see it using 9 on next semester is the release date is sooner than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom