• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";140196964]As opposed to every other series in Shonen Jump?[/QUOTE]

I feel that Hero Academia is gonna be the next big push.

mhs004

Lmao at Oda going after Jump in the comments section.

Edit: "No matter how great the series, it doesn't get the cover for the final chapter. Gotta love jump for sticking to it's guns" Oda

Oda was trying to appease to jumps mascot character modo

Kishi tried but gave up on the idea.... Kubo tossed in that lion toy thing... Toshi just threw in every monster he could think of

Also lol at smoking depressed Chopper
kon is such a great character. Glad Kubo gave in to the editors.

Hoping the price goes down on HSDK now that it's finally completed. Can't believe Matsuena is starting another serial already next week.

E-Robot 1
B3OWrFOCYAAM5nA.png:large
Yuuki and his best friend are good design, otherwise pretty dumb manga that I hope is cancelled fast.

mhs004

Boob barricade is a pretty legit attack.

E robo is the next big thing guys.

Edit: she can heal other people by licking their wounds.....

World Trigger 84

I hope WT rank wont be hurt by this chapter, doesnt seem like content many casual readers would be concerned with due to no action or anything and just people pointing fingers and blaming one other.

More power to Mikumo if he is able to remain strong in his beliefs.

Why is Oda so amazing at hyping chapters up. Like I'm on chapter 758 and the way he hyped Ussop up was so satisfying. I mean Ussop shot down Sugar from a fuckin long distance.

Sweet Jesus how does he do this?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki 96

Polaris is a way better name than Polar Star because now it sounds like they live in an awesome Megadeth song.

Summary: Nikumi being cute, Tadokoro throwing truth bombs, Hayama blind to deathflags

Well it's not anyone's fault for it to be forgotten because of Togashi's overuse of hiatus. Even I forgot some of HunterxHunter's developments.

true but the chapters are quite hyped when arcs are about to hit full gear
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feast your eyes on 2014s Jump Issue covers.... the last cover being some pink girl thing

So many new faces..... they all died at such a young age

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
According to Wiki, here's the 2014 series:

Iron Knight (quick death)
Illegal Rare (sort of quick death)
iShojo (quick death)
Stealth Symphony (quick death)
Tokyo Wonder Boys (VERY quick death)
Hinomaru Sumo (still going strong)
My Hero Academia (still going VERY strong)
Mitsukubi Condor (quick death)
Yoakemono (quick death)
Judos (may last a little longer)
Hi-Fi Cluster (dead series walking)
Sporting Salt (dead series walking)
Takujō no Ageha (too soon to tell)
E-Robot (too soon to tell... but it will probably die)

The first series of 2015 will be Gakkyū Hōtei

My Hero Academia really couldn't have come at a better time.
It's a good, fun series that has already caught on in popularity, and it started right around when Naruto ended. At this rate I could see it taking Naruto's place as a big seller.

Feast your eyes on 2014s Jump Issue covers.... the last cover being some pink girl thing

So many new faces..... they all died at such a young age

For 'fun' here's how many times a series appeared on the cover this year on Jump (only counting a series if they are the main one, not with a bunch of other series):
A bunch of series: 7
Assassinate Classroom: 4
Kuroko: 3
Naruto: 3
World Trigger: 3
Gintama: 2
Toriko: 2
Sum: 2
One Piece: 2
Soma: 2
The rest of these are one time covers (mostly during their debut chapter):
Iron Knight, Illegal Rare, iShoujo, Stealth Symphony, Tokyo Wonder Boys, Haikyuu, Nisekoi, Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan, My Hero Academia, Mitsukubi Condor, Yoakemono, Bleach, Judos, Hi-Fi Cluster, Sporting Salt, Kochikame, Takujō no Ageha, E-Robot

iShojo (quick death)
Yoakemono (quick death)

So basically half of the new series in Jump have already been cancelled. And we have basically 2-3 more that'll probably be cancelled early next year too.

It's a good, fun series that has already caught on in popularity, and it started right around when Naruto ended. At this rate I could see it taking Naruto's place as a big seller.

I'm being cautious with this series because there have been many manga series that were good in the beginning, but ended up for the worse as they went on.

RANDOM SHONEN MANGA DESKS

Hot damn Oda's desk is messy as hell.

Kurita

Nah, maybe it'll reach Haikyuu!!-like sales but I doubt it'll be selling a million units/volume.

Assasinatation Classroom getting 4 magazine covers without it ending (like Naruto and Kuroko) without it beginning (like some other series) without it getting a timeskip (like Toriko) without it getting a anime debut (like WT)

the popularity is just there

Assasinatation Classroom getting 4 magazine covers without it ending (like Naruto and Kuroko) without it beginning (like some other series) without it getting a timeskip (like Toriko) without it getting a anime debut (like WT)

the popularity is just there

Assassination Classroom anime was announced this year though two covers beside WT anime announcement cover. Both series had anniversary covers, so it really only has one more cover than WT. I dont know if that suggests on covers alone that its more popular. Also was sure WT popularity poll had more voters than Assassination Classrooms this year too.

Revo

Magnolia Online 3

Guess we're gonna get multiple people's situations now? Or maybe just 1 shot jokes of different situations.

Assassination Classroom anime was announced this year though two covers beside WT anime announcement cover. Both series had anniversary covers, so it really only has one more cover than WT. I dont know if that suggests on covers alone that its more popular. Also was sure WT popularity poll had more voters than Assassination Classrooms this year too.

oh never knew that

I believe AC is more popular the WT though... well through the rankings that is

Kurita

Surprised Assassination Classroom didn't get a cover for the live-action movie announcement.

tbh I fell behind on it a while back and I'm having trouble convincing myself to get back in

I stopped reading the scans a while ago, I'm following the French volumes now and it's really one of my favorite series. Re-reading stuff I've already read in scans is still a pleasure, just like Haikyuu!!.
I even got three Koro-sensei keychains!

Hi-Fi Cluster 11
Something in the back of my mind was telling me megane-kun with headphones was Landscape Mole something about him gave that feeling. Glad I was right. Still Landscape Mole is a good antagonist.

Too bad once again the series that has superior writings and characters ends up being a bit too outstanding to be liked by readers :(

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal 48

B3PBTO9CMAAIG50.png:large

This is a pretty cheap move since there is litrally no cost and only gain if you have the right card. I hope we get a few more before this duel with E'rah is over, it makes it feel really unpredictable and intense. Why cant we have a weekly duel monsters manga instead of monthly :(

Zweizer

Banned

iShojo (quick death)
Yoakemono (quick death)

iShoujo isn't dead! It just moved elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom