• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice cold.
Nice reference.

haha

thanks

just thinking about you kinda understand

For all of it to crumble.... for all their theories to be nothing but illusions/and marketing.... to realize that their character was added by Editors and that all the bashing they did on Hinata was actually what Sakura was

must be really tough

Wait what?

i remember rumblings that Hinata was always there but her character was changed somewhat and also the Sauce was the brain child of the editors but not Sakura as well.

LOL, ouch.

To be fair Kishi editors also made team Taka, which is easily the most balanced and fleshed out team next to team 7. So I have a feeling that most of the editors probably would make better writers than Kishi anyway.

eh i thought Taka sucked though but hey

360pages

haha

thanks

Wait what?

i remember rumblings that Hinata was always there but her character was changed somewhat and also the Sauce was the brain child of the editors but not Sakura as well.

LOL, ouch.

eh i thought Taka sucked though but hey

Even if you didn't like them, they showed the most tactics and team play that none of the leaf ninja showed. We actually got to see them on missions and how they work together.

Something Kishi forgot in his own damn Ninja Manga!

Blusby

Do you guys enjoy edgy characters?

image.php

Lain

I like my characters round, especially around the chest and buttocks area.

Gokusai volume 1
Usib.jpg

Sorta artsy, sorta deep, sorta what the fuck?.
I liked the art and the twisted beginning. Jo is creepy but intriguing and Riro is weird yet interesting. By the end of the volume my interest got dampened a little bit with the whole Yakuza+Jo's mother bullshit, though I'm still interested in how the relationship between Jo and Riro will evolve and if Riro will end up murdering that ex-bestfriend that married her father.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I suspected that if the occasional mention of scanslation groups wouldn't get the Naruto thread closed, the pairing talk would.

Sad.
It wasn't the pairing talk. It was the fact that people couldn't speak without insulting each other, e.g. this. You don't really call someone's experience with child abuse, "whining".

Wait what?

LOL, ouch.
Hinata was even planned from before the oneshot. She was initially supposed to be a civilian. Both Sasuke and Sakura were added in at the behest of an editor, just like team Taka.

I'm more a fan of the loveably perverted characters or the quiet characters who grow backbones of steel. Examples are Jiraiya and Tadokoro, respectively.

Hero Academia 13

I love how there's so much going on while paced nicely.

- A universe/setting that feels grounded to the reality it's in. Despite only being 13 chapters, Academia feels like there is real cohesiveness in its setting that's constantly expanded in some shape or form.

- A sense of character and dynamics. The bus conversations alone has more personality and character building than 2 chapters of Bleach. Even though not everyone has gotten their equal share of screen time, it feels like a real classroom, instead of say... Nisekoi .

Hinata was even planned from before the oneshot. She was initially supposed to be a civilian. Both Sasuke and Sakura were added in at the behest of an editor, just like team Taka.

hmmm.

as said before didn't know Sakura was also a part of that hahaha. And it kinda makes her one track mind in regards to the Sauce make some sense in a weird way.

I'm more a fan of the loveably perverted characters or the quiet characters who grow backbones of steel. Examples are Jiraiya and Tadokoro, respectively.

I would have placed definitely placed Hinata on the latter if Kishi didn't fuck up that whole thing as much as he did tbh. When you allow anime fillers to do most of the job then yea...

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku Girl 30-31
Little sister arrive! Mei doing it the Volgin way!
And i really like that confession scene. I like this new character already

dani_dc

Boku Girl 31

How do you call it when you ship three characters together?

Finally someone else disappointed that Mizuki lost his penis.

dramatis

I suspected that if the occasional mention of scanslation groups wouldn't get the Naruto thread closed, the pairing talk would.

Sad.
I suspect duckroll doesn't even enter the Naruto thread, much less say police it. So scanlation mentions probably squeak by.

Usobuko

Banned

65fMzMU.jpg

so edgy it will slice anyone who uppercut his face.

Frankly speaking, I don't have a preference. I like my characters to be multifaceted, consistent and relatable unless it's in the comedy genre. Personalities can change as long as the transition is smooth and rational. Internal monologue, human to human interactions and micro-expression are tools for the author to leverage. It's probably why I dislike 98% of the stereotypical yandere I came across in seinen manga.

Sai

It wasn't the pairing talk. It was the fact that people couldn't speak without insulting each other, e.g. this. You don't really call someone's experience with child abuse, "whining".
Only the pairing talk incited that kind of behavior though, that's the point.

Pairing talk in general is kind of terrible, but Naruto's in particular makes me cringe because of how little there is for them to work with; it's just not worth it.

I suspect duckroll doesn't even enter the Naruto thread, much less say police it. So scanlation mentions probably squeak by.
That's what I figured too. At least nobody was banned.

Kazuki Makes Love Happen At All Boys High School 15

When he threw off the bathrobe and came closer to him and clenched his hand while pressed on his back, please let it happen manga, please!

Way better than the actual BL manga Mangabox had that had nothing happen.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I would have placed definitely placed Hinata on the latter if Kishi didn't fuck up that whole thing as much as he did tbh. When you allow anime fillers to do most of the job then yea...
I was considering her to be the latter too, but I don't know how you get two years of nothing after you basically sacrifice yourself for a guy. Which is still one of my favorite moments in the manga, it was bad ass even if she technically did fuck all by herself (Kurama did all the heavy lifting after that, but I was a fan of the angst Naruto went through).

Only the pairing talk incited that kind of behavior though, that's the point.

Pairing talk in general is kind of terrible, but Naruto's in particular makes me cringe because of how little there is for them to work with; it's just not worth it.
Ah, that's true. I still feel like you can discuss pairings civilly at least, but I guess people get super invested for the same reasons they do in sports team or in consoles. War, war never changes.

Chopper, or at least the "idea" of chopper existed for a while

165px-Early_Chopper.png

(From an early databook)

Although his design was definitely smoothed out

Oda was trying to appease to jumps mascot character modo

Kishi tried but gave up on the idea.... Kubo tossed in that lion toy thing... Toshi just threw in every monster he could think of

Also lol at smoking depressed Chopper

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know this short manga? It's like a volume, or two, and it's a girl and a boy travelling in something like a winter world. At the end,
I think the boy sacrifices himself
?

It's been bothering me for months.

I was considering her to be the latter too, but I don't know how you get two years of nothing after you basically sacrifice yourself for a guy. Which is still one of my favorite moments in the manga, it was bad ass even if she technically did fuck all by herself (Kurama did all the heavy lifting after that, but I was a fan of the angst Naruto went through).

yea it was a cool moment since she really stepped it up (after all that build up time) but what i hated was the fact that there was no reaction from him after the fact (no talking, no teasing from friends, no "we have something to talk about, but after we deal with this current issue", fucking nothing) iirc and with the rumors of the Last having even more years of nothing is worse.

Its stuff like that why the naysayers can have some foundation of an argument (before going off the deep end lol)

Some times it works I agree
Chopper worked in OP

Chopper, or at least the "idea" of chopper existed for a while

165px-Early_Chopper.png

(From an early databook)

Although his design was definitely smoothed out

Indeed.

Same thing with a figure that apparently the prototype for Boa Hancock although it wasn't as drastic as this.

The Breaker:New Waves Chapter 181

Fuck why did it leave on a cliffhanger, things were getting really good. Anyways I hope we get our fight next week and also need some more Jinnie (Best girl).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom