• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: GTAV will be a 50gb download - Largest PS4 / XONE Game Yet.

mocoworm

[EDIT] I am being told that Wolfenstein and Diablo are larger than 50gb in the EU. I sourced the info from the linked article. I stand corrected. Although I cannot confirm.

Bigger is BETTER right? :D , more data... more STUFF !

http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-v-largest-ps4-game-yet-50-gb/

Thanks to user daltontigerboy from GTAForums, we’ve learned that a pre-order page for GTA V on PS4 has appeared on the European PlayStation Store. The page, pictured above, lists a minimum save size requirement of 50 GB – that’s pretty hefty!

This will make GTA V the largest PS4 game so far, coming in just ahead of Wolfenstein: The New Order. Wolfenstein has a minimum save size of 48 GB. Another large PS4 game is The Last of Us Remastered, at 43.5 GB.

For a better comparison, the PS3 version of GTA V lists a minimum save size of 18 GB. The Xbox 360 version was 16 GB, so we can assume GTA V for Xbox One will be around the same size as it is on the PS4.

50 GB is massive! Most of the space will probably go toward the many enhancements, but it’s still a big jump.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
There are plus 50Gb titles already.

Diablo 3 is 62Gb (with all languages), I believe Wolfenstein is lingering around 50 as well.

bosseye

The future is now! What a time to be alive! etc.

Big filesize but fine by me, I'm the OCD type who trades games regularly and purges them from the system so my PS4 always has oodles of drive space.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why ?

What could possibly be added to make it 50GB ?

are they using fully uncompressed audio for every single sound bite ? texture files are kind of minuscule in size. This makes little sense.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Isn't the EU version of Diablo III 60+GB on PS4?

58.4GB according to the UK PSN store.

There are 2x 5GB files you can download but I only downloaded the one that had "(English)" in the title.

After that 5GB was downloaded you can start playing the game and the rest of it downloads in the background.

Total install size = 42GB

finished this game on ps3 last year doing everything i could on singleplayer, but didn't played multiplayer. Is GTA Online worth the ps4 purchase? Can't decide... =\

It will be interesting to see if the PC download is any larger. I really need to start moving some games across my drives.

It is a good job the game has a lot of mission and sub mission content otherwise my download time would last longer than my playtime.

sinxtanx

such things happen when you increase texture sizes

for the uninitiated: textures make up a huge chunk of game data, increasing detail scales exponentially (512x512 is 4 times larger than 256x256)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Just had a look at some games I have installed on my PS4 to see how much space they take. All games are up to date.

FIFA 15 = 17GB
Destiny = 21GB
Diablo 3: RoS = 42GB
Battlefield 4 + DLC = 59GB

KHlover

Banned
Does this have to do with audio again? Almost makes me want to buy the game on Steam and then download a scrubbed version somewhere.

This would be a 10h download at the best possible speed for me :/

anddo0

No biggie.. I have like 4 launch games I can uninstall.
Games like NBA2K are 47+ gigs, so this is hardly shocking.

Rigel6

Neo Member
It's going to take about a week to download on my home connection, does anyone know how long PSN gives you to pre-load a game?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thank fuck for pre-loading. Would take 20 hours to download on my current connection.

Glad I got the 4TB HDD for the XB1.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Wouldn't mind if it was 100GB.

Don't have the greatest internet connection but 4 hours to download is acceptable for me.

Err why?

Thats nearly triple the PS3 version. The jump in quailty is nowhere near that level, if recent trailers are indicative of the final product.

Even including patches and GTA Online im not understanding why the file size has jumped so high.

Top Bottom