• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One November Preview Info

I really miss having my avatar above my profile, instead of the "featured" stuff. Really wish they'd bring that back as an option. :(

you can make your avatar your gamer pic
that's what I did and most of my friends
I ported mine from my 360

now if I can port some of my 360 themes such as my fallout 3 theme??

Can we get bing wallpapers on xbox? So the image automatically changes daily like on the website because im too lazy to change wallpapers myself

Edit. Beaten, guess this idea could catch fire if more want it

Alx

Yeah, I would love it so much. I hope it's planned in the future.

I hope it's not the kind of feature we Europeans will have to wait further... Voice commands for the first kinect took almost two years to support non English languages IIRC.
Seeing as even on phones, Cortana only has been announced for the US market, I'm a bit worried here. :(

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's not the kind of feature we Europeans will have to wait further... Voice commands for the first kinect took almost two years to support non English languages IIRC.
Seeing as even on phones, Cortana only has been announced for the US market, I'm a bit worried here. :(
I believe Cortana the app is available outside of the US however Cortana's voice is US only, you can use it by changing you region however (I'm running it now).

The Xbox One OS is so impressive now, compared to the launch version.

If they can continue to add new features and refine what is already there...best console OS ever.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Done a wallpaper based on Xbox 360 with 21 colors which match the tile colour on the Xbox One OS. Uploading all 21 JPG files for anyone who would like to use. I'll also do the same version without the Xbox rings which is basically a gradient.

Some samples.

ibv3GzyXgg5X7U.jpg
i7WbERHu0zyQC.jpg

ibjLdhD1TA1rpq.jpg
ibpS9VsGRRfQde.jpg

Montresor

Glad you guys are enjoying the update and the template.

Let me know if we can do anything else..

;)

Game-related gamerpics. The random art isn't for me. I want to don an Alan Wake gamerpic, you know?

Avatars need to be embedded in the OS.

And snapped youtube needs to be dramatically improved.

Done a wallpaper based on Xbox 360 with 21 colors which match the tile colour on the Xbox One OS. Uploading all 21 JPG files for anyone who would like to use. I'll also do the same version without the Xbox rings which is basically a gradient.

Some samples.

That GREEN!

:D

Please start a custom wallpapers thread.

Ataxia

Some samples.

Okay, those are awesome! I'll keep checking on this thread if you're gonna upload 'em :eek:

ekim

I downloaded the preview dashboard app but after opening it I only see a picture of the console and an exit button. What now? How do I get options/the preview update itself? It says "no updates available" in the system settings.

Shouldn't there be a register button or something in the preview app?

mcrommert

Banned
The Xbox One OS is so impressive now, compared to the launch version.

If they can continue to add new features and refine what is already there...best console OS ever.

As of this month i think it greatly surpasses the 360 interface in mechanics (it was better in speed and so forth almost from the beginning)

I think another year or so will have it become all htpc functions as well...the plex app has gone a long way towards that

Majine

Banned
I wish all game tiles had alternative looks that mimmicks app tiles more. Like, simple logo in white. Would look better.

iMax

Not getting any option to set as wallpaper inside Media Player Preview. Running the latest OS build.

edit: had to re-install to get the option. However, the pictures are stupidly blurry when viewing on Xbox One even though the files are 1080p.

Some samples.

Can we use our own wallpapers yet?

jesu

Not getting any option to set as wallpaper inside Media Player Preview. Running the latest OS build.

edit: had to re-install to get the option. However, the pictures are stupidly blurry when viewing on Xbox One even though the files are 1080p.

Delete the app and install it again, recommended by Major Nelson, worked for me.

Some samples.

OMG, Well done!

I want to use your bkgs, please, give it to me!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Backgrounds coming shortly. Due to the XB1 placing a slight dark layer over wallpapers certain colours looked too dull. The pictures above were designs I did so they wont give a 100% representative of what they look like on the XB1 but should be similar just slightly darker.

I'll have probably 63 versions for you to choose from. I've tested some out in Photoshop and on the XB1 and they come out pretty much the same. Just gotta check a few left then go through and save them all.

Some of the brown/grey styles look pretty mint.

Can't join a friend's game (at least Destiny) while joining party works fine. Is that a preview bug? I dodn't have any problem on sunday.

Backgrounds coming shortly. Due to the XB1 placing a slight dark layer over wallpapers certain colours looked too dull. The pictures above were designs I did so they wont give a 100% representative of what they look like on the XB1 but should be similar just slightly darker.

I'll have probably 63 versions for you to choose from. I've tested some out in Photoshop and on the XB1 and they come out pretty much the same. Just gotta check a few left then go through and save them all.

Some of the brown/grey styles look pretty mint.

Are you making a thread? Cos' that'd be nice.

Hi guys,

maybe I'm just too dumb but I can't select my custom image for a wallpaper.
The Media Player opens and then I can't select any picture.

Did I miss a button or are there file format restrictions?

Thx

NEVER MIND I GOT IT.

Loving some of these backgrounds shots.

Regarding the showcase thing. The more I see this the more I feel like they're really screwed up the profile page. It's just so messy. Should have left the large gamerpic as it was, and let you attach showcase items to a separate area.

iMax

Loving some of these backgrounds shots.

Regarding the showcase thing. The more I see this the more I feel like they're really screwed up the profile page. It's just so messy. Should have left the large gamerpic as it was, and let you attach showcase items to a separate area.

It should keep the large profile pic and change to the showcase when someone hovers over it.

Kajiba

Can't join a friend's game (at least Destiny) while joining party works fine. Is that a preview bug? I dodn't have any problem on sunday.

I notice this too. Only for destiny for me though. Try to join my friend for dailys when he was playing and the option was blanked out for some reason. Needed an invite to get in. Same for all my other friends playing destiny.

Not sure if it's related. Could be a Destiny problem.

Some samples.

So we can use custom jpg's also? I was thinking it was limited to achievement artwork or flat colours only right now.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
All done, some examples from my dashboard.

ZIP 48MB - https://mega.co.nz/#!BEcmmLIT!iyRqhsVvzsTjyotto7QjH6M59Nqc69DutLKQNFccM8o

Galleries

So we can use custom jpg's also? I was thinking it was limited to achievement artwork or flat colours only right now.

Update went out this morning. Anything is available to use now. :D

E92 M3

I'm currently creating a site for Xbox backgrounds. Can't wait to show you guys. :D

Can't wait to see!

All done, some examples from my dashboard.

ZIP 48MB - https://mega.co.nz/#!BEcmmLIT!iyRqhsVvzsTjyotto7QjH6M59Nqc69DutLKQNFccM8o

Galleries

Update went out this morning. Anything is available to use now. :D

Thanks - I will play around with your backgrounds!

True achievements app is up.

Does that have statistics?

--

I am just so happy the Xbox team is working on these updates monthly. True makes me love a console that I was initially ambivalent about. The OS has become such a pleasure to use.

Top Bottom