• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 runs at 720p on Xbox One

From the official PES 2015 French Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/officiel_PES_Fr/status/529700946327379969

z9kPLrF.png

bombshell

So what was that "getting in contact with MS" tweet about some time ago when we first heard 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
hate to be that guy, but we have known this for over a month

Jeez. Hopefully they can get the Fox Engine into shape on the platform in time for MGSV.

The language issue probably makes it much harder for MS to simply send engineers into help like they would for other big publishers tech teams. Wouldnt be shocked if MS's Japanese tools and documentation are a bit shit as well.

Old news. A bit gutted expected 900p at least.

Last pes I enjoyed was on the ps2 and I want a return to from. If it gets good impressions from others I may get it.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wonder why it's like that. That game has no business running at that res. Maybe it's really an engine thing, wasn't mgs5 the same? Still weird stuff, especially because this engine is supposed to ease up multi platform developement.

Damaniel

Banned
720x1080 though right?

They should flip the framebuffer and make it 720x1280. Then, they can sample the image down to 720x1080 and claim they support supersampling too. Win-win.

(I'm sure it plays fine at 720p. If everything Konami makes is going to use the Fox engine going forward, don't be surprised when every Xbox One game they make is 720p.)

Alchemy

All I can imagine that they pretty much ignored the esram in developement.

Not how it works. Fox Engine is likely a deferred rendering engine, requires a lot of large frambuffers to render the final image. 32MB of ESRAM is absolutely too small for that and would restrict the games resolution. You also have to use the ESRAM if you want to have any memory access with decent bandwidth.

ESRAM doesn't help, it bottlenecks.

meanspartan

I say this knowing zilch about how development works, but generally sports games this gen can do 1080p60 on Xbox One. Weird this one cant.

Isn't deferred rendering only relevant for both 1080p AND 60FPS due to the ESRAM? GTAV sure isn't 60FPS

Metro Redux is 921p60 on Xbox One, and is definitely (in my opinion, though likely true) much more demanding then PES. So this game really has no business being 720p on Xbox One.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I would expect them to get it running at 900p by the time MGSV comes out. I have a feeling that game is going to be marketed as a PS4 exclusive, much like Destiny.

Reminds me a bit of the PS1 and Saturn days. Fifa 98 especially looked dramatically different/better on PS1.

It won't be anywhere near that level of difference of course, but the fact it's not even 900p is quite a step down in resolution.

Top Bottom