• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 runs at 720p on Xbox One

spwolf

I would guess that most wont notice or care since PES is popular in Europe where not many XB1's are found.

kabel

Not how it works. Fox Engine is likely a deferred rendering engine, requires a lot of large frambuffers to render the final image. 32MB of ESRAM is absolutely too small for that and would restrict the games resolution. You also have to use the ESRAM if you want to have any memory access with decent bandwidth.

ESRAM doesn't help, it bottlenecks.

Well thats what I meant.

But Xbone without the esram woud be even weaker. So they could atleast learn how to use it properly. Other games have deferred rendering too but they are rendered in 900p/1080p.

Well thats what I meant.

But Xbone without the esram woud be even weaker. So they could atleast learn how to use it properly. Other games have deferred rendering too but they are rendered in 900p/1080p.

Yeah. This isn't a launch title and you would think they're using the the latest XDK without the Kinect GPU reserve.

stay gold

A new generation, FIFA 15 is a bit shit, a chance for PES to regain some respect...and Konami serve up a 720p effort. What a company.

T.O.P

Banned
I think when MGSV drops, it's going to be a bloodbath if it runs at 720p.

Might as well consider it already

Not a tech guy at all so no idea why they can't even reach 900p with the engine they're using, 720p it's disappointing

This is clearly not a twitter account run by Konami, if you ask me.

But yeah, I don't think Adam Bhatti gave an anwser about the Xbox One resolution, after Microsoft asked to erase the 720p mention on the japanese official website.

p3tran

Banned
I think when MGSV drops, it's going to be a bloodbath if it runs at 720p.

well, one could say that the signs are already present....

but why bloodbath? will the specific engine performance be attributed to the ...usual suspect?

Alchemy

Well thats what I meant.

Who says they aren't? Not every deferred engine is drawing the same number of render targets every frame. Real time rendering isn't a "optimize and get everything" problem, you have to decide what you're willing to sacrifice and what you value the most for your final image.

Deferred rendering isn't a single solution that every developer uses the same, its basically just rendering object information to a bunch of textures and combining them for the final image. You're sacrificing memory to do things that would normally be really expensive operation wise (either CPU or GPU wise).

We don't know the specifics on how many render targets the Fox Engine uses or how large they are. Just because the final image resolution is 720p doesn't mean the Xbone hardware isn't being "used properly". It just means that the Fox Engine can't fit everything it needs to into 32MB of ESRAM, and whatever visual downgrades would come from adjusting that memory usage isn't worth it to the PES team.

julrik

Can't believe it's only 720p on XO! The game doesn't even look good, nevermind especially demanding. Actually, I think the game looks outright terrible, considering the new generation.

This is what Konami/PES Productions said last year:

I think we want to be confident when we do bring something out and not in a position where people are criticising us for producing a sloppy, second rate port. We’re going to produce something that puts us back to where we should be in terms of quality

Are you kidding me? What a joke.

Philippo

Seems appropriate.

ibx2v7U5XIruUT.gif

I understand that maybe fox engine isn't well optimised for the xbox one and that the xbox one has bottlenecks and so on, but it's a football game. While it does look better than FIFA 15, it's not that much better that it has to be 720p

RdN

Didn't we already knew that for several months?

We know Konami's Fox Engine is running very poorly on the XBO... i fear what MGS5 will bring.

Xando

I understand that maybe fox engine isn't well optimised for the xbox one and that the xbox one has bottlenecks and so on, but it's a football game. While it does look better than FIFA 15, it's not that much better that it has to be 720p

You guys should go back to the old thread. We had someone (I think it was Durante, not sure though) explain really well why XB1 has problems with Fox engine and the lighting they use.

Elios83

Yeah Fox Engine doesn't run well on Xbox One.
Maybe they'll be able to get the XB1 version of MGSV to run at 900p because a 720p MGSV in 2015 would be pretty shameful.

Sweep14

This is clearly not a twitter account run by Konami, if you ask me.

But yeah, I don't think Adam Bhatti gave an anwser about the Xbox One resolution, after Microsoft asked to erase the 720p mention on the japanese official website.

MS did that ? Do you have a source, i'm interested by this story ?

No idea what's going on with PES this year, after the news that the PC version wouldn't at least be on par with next gen I had lost all hope. At least even FIFA gives parity across all platforms.

You guys should go back to the old thread. We had someone (I think it was Durante, not sure though) explain really well why XB1 has problems with Fox engine and the lighting they use.

I'll have a look to get the specifics but I'm sure they knew that they were developing for multiple consoles when creating the fox engine.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Can't believe it's only 720p on XO! The game doesn't even look good, nevermind especially demanding. Actually, I think the game looks outright terrible, considering the new generation.

The PS4 version looks better than Fifa imo, the character models are a huge step up.

zychi

Banned
Instead of comparing it to GTAV, because that'll be a technical mess like most GTA's are, what does Fifa run at?

Top Bottom