• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

So my Vita 1000 USB cable is properly fucked now. It still works, but I don't think it's gonna last much longer

Does ANYONE even still sell the official ones from Sony? All I've been able to find are after market ones for less than $10 but apparently some don't work with the power outlet charging adapter

$79.99 x 20% off = $63.99

Time to close up this thread if this ends up being the case, deals in Canada don't exist anymore

They don't and it's annoying. I've been gaming on PC more lately as well as smaller titles on mobile like kingdom rush because I refuse to pay $60 for a game that's 6 months old.

It's getting ridiculous at this point.

Honestly, I've said it before in this thread. Pre-Order the games you really want from Amazon way in advance since you get the lowest price.

I have Uncharted 4 pre-ordered and have it locked at $50.99, ESO $62.99 and MGS5 for $69 and I guarantee MGS will go down to under $60 by the time it releases.

Sure it's crap compared to E3 deals, but at least you'll still pay what we used to pay.

Jinto

So my Vita 1000 USB cable is properly fucked now. It still works, but I don't think it's gonna last much longer

Does ANYONE even still sell the official ones from Sony? All I've been able to find are after market ones for less than $10 but apparently some don't work with the power outlet charging adapter

Probably a long shot, but I saw one at Superstore a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise, Amazon.com has them.

Tapejara

Are you only looking for the cable? I don't think those were ever sold separately.

VGP still has the entire AC Adapter package in stock, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be easy to find at some of the bigger stores.

Edit: It appears GameStreet has them as well.

Returners

Hey guys, want to ask if anyone has Spotify Premium in Canada.

How does it compare to Google Music? Trying to decide if I want to keep Google Music or jump on a Spotify family plan with a friend.

Probably a long shot, but I saw one at Superstore a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise, Amazon.com has them.

Are you only looking for the cable? I don't think those were ever sold separately.

VGP still has the entire AC Adapter package in stock, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be easy to find at some of the bigger stores.

Edit: It appears GameStreet has them as well.

Looks like I have a few limited options. Gonna probably hit some of the local video game stores here in Toronto then as well, see if I can find something.

God damn it Sony and your propriety cables.

Hey guys, want to ask if anyone has Spotify Premium in Canada.

How does it compare to Google Music? Trying to decide if I want to keep Google Music or jump on a Spotify family plan with a friend.

My experience with Google Music only goes so far as uploading my music collection and streaming it, but I find the overall sound quality/encoding that they use isn't as good as Spotify Premium. I also think Spotify has a better interface on both the desktop and mobile. Rdio's interface trumps both though, which leads me to the suggestion of getting a free trial before making a jump.

Also, the Spotify Family plan isn't available in Canada yet for some reason.

It has been on mine as well. That game just refuses to go below 40 bucks.

Bought it in December at Target or Walmart. I don't think I paid more than $25.

There's no pressure to clear games right now because there are not that many new releases.

What does that extra $10 for the deluxe edition of Battlefront gets you?

Eoyote

Neo Member
Looks like I have a few limited options. Gonna probably hit some of the local video game stores here in Toronto then as well, see if I can find something.

God damn it Sony and your propriety cables.

I have 3 3rd party vita USB cables from DX. They all work fine. The only thing you need to make sure of when buying one, is that it has those groves on either side of the end that plugs into the AC adapter.

http://www.dx.com/p/usb-data-charging-cable-for-sony-ps-vita-black-150cm-128909#.VTRYuiFVhBc (150cm. Good length if you like to play while keeping your vita juiced up).
http://www.dx.com/p/usb-data-charging-cable-for-sony-ps-vita-110cm-119499#.VTRYuyFVhBc

I have 3 3rd party vita USB cables from DX. They all work fine. The only thing you need to make sure of when buying one, is that it has those groves on either side of the end that plugs into the AC adapter.

http://www.dx.com/p/usb-data-charging-cable-for-sony-ps-vita-black-150cm-128909#.VTRYuiFVhBc (150cm. Good length if you like to play while keeping your vita juiced up).
http://www.dx.com/p/usb-data-charging-cable-for-sony-ps-vita-110cm-119499#.VTRYuyFVhBc

Ah this is exactly what I was looking for! I'll put in an order in tomorrow

ohlawd

I still haven't bought a replacement Vita cable

so those two links are cables that have those grooves you're talking about? the description do say they can be used for charging and data transfer. guess it's ok

Anyone know if there are still any valid codes to get 20-25% off GTAV on Steam? I know there was a Green Man Gaming one at some point, but pretty sure I missed out.

Xenoflare

I don't think I could justify spending that kind of money on 99% of handheld games. It'd have to be an amazing release.

I'm mostly waiting for Atlus games which are notorious for that "Atlus Tax". I've been bi*ching about it since forever ago. I just hope P4DAN is under $60.

EB games is charging DeSu2 3ds for $65. This is just insane.

Edit: EB lowered it to $60 again. huh. Though same thing happened to Ultimax as well

I spent $60 on the Ragnarok Odyssey LE.

I have never felt more disappointed in a handheld game's potential until then.

I had no regrets when deleting RO:ACE. Too bad there are no refunds for digital purchases.

Xenoflare

buying a hunting action game that isn't MH

you what, man?

I loved Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden, and I really couldn't get into MH and was skeptical about the genre.

Thank god for PS+, and the demo for vanilla Toukiden is extremely meaty considering it's content.

RO: Ace is just..... Weak.... Although I didn't really get far into it.

Madness

I had gotten NHL 15 price matched for $19 last week. Superstore had it in the flyer as FROM $19.97 and had NHL shown. I didn't notice the 'from' when I read it, and neither did the guy at best buy. Only later did I notice it myself that it only said from. Not too great a deal, but still. Forgot to post it because I didn't really want people having a YMMV situation and because it had said FROM.

$79.99 x 20% off = $63.99

Time to close up this thread if this ends up being the case, deals in Canada don't exist anymore

itagakibusx.gif

Joeku

Brief aside, but my mother and sister just came back from a drive through the States, and collectively grabbed me 2.28 litres of rum at the duty-free. It was $25 Canadian after conversion.

It's hard to be an alcoholic in Canada.

Brief aside, but my mother and sister just came back from a drive through the States, and collectively grabbed me 2.28 litres of rum at the duty-free. It was $25 Canadian after conversion.

When I went to California for E3 last year, I was surprised by how expensive bottles were. Sure, they were cheaper than they are here, but not by the amount I'd expected.

I ended up finding a $20 USD bill on a bench as I was awaiting an Uber from my hotel to the airport, and used it to buy a $20 bottle of Gordon's gin at the duty-free. It's not my brand, but it was okay.

I rarely buy booze here because it's too expensive. And, with my depression, I find it hard to get drunk.

i-Jest

With the price of games keep on going up you gotta drown your sorrows.

My dream of tasting Shock Top beer will never be realized at this rate :(

Sooooo, assuming BB and Amazon do E3 deals this year, anyone gonna preorder preorder Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and Rodea the Sky Soldier? I put in a preorder for Rodea when it was still $69.99, now it's $79.99. I gotta get me some gift cards to knock down my total.

I'd either look for a GTX 970 used or wait for Pascal and pray the Canadian dollar goes back up to at least 90 cents by then.

I got a 970 at launch and it was priced all right then in comparison to now.

Besides kijiji and craigslist any other places to look? Newegg, Canada computers and tigerdirect all don't have it or only take ten bucks off

krae_man

I remember when I was in San Antonio, I was looking for some booze and I decided on cider. I was looking through the different brands the convenience store had and they were all about $5 and I thought "$5? that's more expensive then home, oh well I'm on vacation". I reached for a can then I realized that $5 was for a 6 pack.

diaspora

I'd either look for a GTX 970 used or wait for Pascal and pray the Canadian dollar goes back up to at least 90 cents by then.

I got a 970 at launch and it was priced all right then in comparison to now.

Bad experience with used, shit's off the table. I might as well shoot for a 290X 4 or 8GB. Difference between the two is like $80-100.

Best Buy has a promotion for $20 off 2 $69.99 PS4/XB1 games.

The Evil Within is on sale for $30 and qualifies for this promo, so you could get two copies for $40 ($20 each).

Top Bottom