• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Drops Blinx Trademark

TomShoe

Banned
The dream is finally Hoover.

From The Games Cabin:

If you were an avid player of the original Xbox back in the day, there’s a good chance you came across the notoriously difficult Xbox exclusive Blinx games. First released in 2002, Blinx: The Time Sweeper received fairly decent reviews, as did its 2004 follow up. Unfortunately all six people still waiting on a third installment will be disappointed to learn that Microsoft has since dropped the Blinx trademark, effectively killing off the franchise.

It’s a shame really, they were possibly some of the best action-platform games available on the original Xbox, something the current generation of console could benefit from. Still, if you do have a hankering for some Blinx action, the second game is actually playable on the Xbox 360 through backwards compatibility.

The trademark was dropped December 26.

Suck and blow me if old.

Krakn3Dfx

blinx-original-ending-o.gif

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Blinx was pretty much the poster child for the bygone "BBB" era.

Generic platformer with crappy gimmick, and absolutely godawful art direction.

JordanN

Banned
I really liked the concept of Blinx.

It described itself as the "first 4D video game" which was true (you can change the past and future gameplay).

I can't remember but i think it was either Blinx or Kameo where Phil Spencer said on the GB E3 Live cast that it was a bad game. Not Surprised to see it dropped.

Get it Arzest, now's your chance to reclaim your creation!

Nintendo can make good use of Blinx in a team-up with Arzest. I hope it's considered if Arzest can grab it. Wii U needs more 3D platformers!

YOU GODDAMN SONS OF BITCHES.

What the fuck. They should have at least given the IP one more shot before dropping it entirely.

QFAYStc.jpg

I'll never forget you buddy.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The second game was crap but I genuinely enjoyed the first one, even though it was pretty damn difficult. R.I.P. Blinx.

Takao

Banned
Dropping the trademark doesn't mean Microsoft no longer owns the IP, it means they have no future plans for it and someone can name an unrelated game Blinx.

Xater

Who wrote that news? These games did not review decently and they were most definitely not good.

Voodoo Vince was a good platformet that only appeared on Xbox but most definitely not these games.

Top Bottom