• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Drops Blinx Trademark

Peltz

Oh man, how have I never heard of this? I don't usually judge a game by its cover, but that looks just... awful. From the stupid punny name, to the "Toys R Us exclusive" stamp, it just needs a "& Knuckles" subtitle now.

Are you implying that Sonic & Knuckles was an awful game?

Oh man, how have I never heard of this? I don't usually judge a game by its cover, but that looks just... awful. From the stupid punny name, to the "Toys R Us exclusive" stamp, it just needs a "& Knuckles" subtitle now.

You'll never guess who developed that. If you don't already know, I DARE you to guess.

Media.Vision

Flintty

I liked Blinx. It was clever and innovative at the time but something just didn't click to make it huge. I would have liked to see Rare have a go at it for Xbox One but never mind.

Nimby

Banned
Another fallen mascot.

tumblr_n7bw6cxsdY1tb18iio1_500.gif

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

It was one of the games that early MS announced to try and break into the Japanese market.

I think it was just not brought to the US at all, and then MS convinced TRU to take a bunch in hand if it was exclusive.

Thus, Sneakers made it to the US and was forgotten very quickly afterword.

MS funded a lot of very strange games early on trying to get into that market. Most were terrible.

Wreckless was awesome though.

Salty Hippo

ITT, People who don't know the difference between trademark and intellectual property.

Microsoft still owns the IP,They just have no plans for new game, that's all. Plus, the game wasn't really that good.

The article didn't help, either. It's written as if MS had thrown the IP away.

I had it. I remember kinda liking it. It was mostly a puzzle game and a rather chill one at that.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Question. If MS dropsthe TM, does that mean anyone else can make a Blinx game? (Have no idea how trademarks work.)

That means anyone else can make a game called Blinx, but they cannot use the intellectual property of Blinx.

Top Bottom