• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2: 50 minutes of Barry Gameplay

And i can't tell if you both are serious when you're saying that RE6 and RC are on the same level.

Wat? I don't agree with that... RE6 is a great game. It's no secret that I'm a huge RE6 fan. Great Resident Evil game? Nawwww, it's alright. But the gameplay is probably one of the more fun experiences I've ever had playing a game. But no, RE6 is not on the same level as RC... RE6 is light years ahead of it for me.

Seyavesh

I'll have what you're having, sir.

roger dodger
(yessss)
PzHCmUo.gif

Can't tell if serious when you're saying Revelations and RC are on the same level. Like WTF?! RC is some beyond shit ass excuse of a game. It's like Capcom told Six Slant (or whatever they were called) to make some ironic Resident Evil game and that's what we got. It's so bad but I would NEVER put it on the same level as Revelations. I'm not the biggest Revelations fan but MY GOD. I can't even with this post.

Yeah, Revelations was crap imo. It's as bad as Resident Evil 6, Dumb story (not cheesy, just dumb), bad gameplay decisions, 50% mindless COD shooting, bad boss fights, bad enemy design, no tension and it's short.
I hate it. I don't say it's as bad as RC but both games are bad imo.

RE5 was mediocre. Not bad but definitely not good.

Lernaean

Banned
Wat? I don't agree with that... RE6 is a great game. It's no secret that I'm a huge RE6 fan. Great Resident Evil game? Nawwww, it's alright. But the gameplay is probably one of the more fun experiences I've ever had playing a game. But no, RE6 is not on the same level as RC... RE6 is light years ahead of it for me.

Alright then, good to make it clear. I said so because you (rightfully imo) reacted to Rev and RC being both called crap, but didn't for 6.
RE6 is in the top5 action shooters last gen. As a RE game, yeah, not that good, but anyway no RE that is not REmake or RE4 is that good a RE for me anyway.

Jawmuncher

Looks good enough to me.
As much as I bash on Rev it wasn't that bad, just kind of middle of the line where RE games are concerned. This already seems to be fixing that so I'm happy.

-Cwalat-

People buying video games for fun. How dare they!

How dare they indeed!

Guess it's a different fanbase today they are appealing to rather than those good old days.

You know.. the old days when playing Resident Evil games scared the crap out of you and had amazing puzzles.

krizzx

This is looks a lot more like RE5 and 6 than Revelations. This is just more of the same old with a recently more popular namesake slapped on.

The stuff that made Revelations good isn't here as far a my eyes can see.

Lernaean

Banned
This is looks a lot more like RE5 and 6 than Revelations.

The stuff that mad Revelations good isn't here.

What stuff is that really? Because i do believe Rev was good and atmospheric and did many things right, but only in the ship sections. The rest was very mediocre to bad.
Rev2 at the other hand has great atmosphere in every location we have seen so far. It's thick and menacing and a lot more 'franchise accurate' than that of Rev.

bobawesome

Yep, that's why you should get a Resident Evil game... raid mode...

Oh Capcom, oh you.

Get over yourself, it's $25.

How dare they indeed!

Guess it's a different fanbase today they are appealing to rather than those good old days.

You know.. the old days when playing Resident Evil games scared the crap out of you and had amazing puzzles.

I've played every Resident Evil game but yes, how dare some people still find enjoyment in a series.

-Cwalat-

Get over yourself, it's $25.

I've played every Resident Evil game but yes, how dare some people still find enjoyment in a series.

I'm not concerned about the pricing of this Resident Evil iteration.. i'm more concerned about the focus of the dev team. Is it more like those classic RE games, more like RE4, more like RE5 and 6, REV1 or mixture of some? That's what i ask myself when looking into the new RE games that are being announced.

I'm not asking why people are enjoying the "new" gameplay modes in new RE games either. They may well do so, i don't care about that. I care about how focused and committed Capcom are in bringing a true RE feel in the main campaign mode. They used to be synonymous for bringing great ambience, great visuals, great soundtracks, great horror mechanics, great story, great gameplay.

I personally, hate the fact that latest RE games have so much focus on what happens outside of the main campaign and story mode when the main campaign suffered so badly by this new found love of the action genre by the devteam.

Yes, as an old school(also RE4 was masterpiece and 5 had it moments) re fan i don't like what they're doing with the franchise, hence my critique on their focus(watch gif).

But if you like the game, then that's fine, i'm not disputing the fact that it has its audience nor do i diss anyone for liking it.

The game is looking surprisingly good. The atmosphere is heavy, exploration is key and the mechanics with the young girl can be tactical.

Will play on hardest mode though.

Not gonna spoil myself any more, but this is what I wanted to hear. These aspects should automatically make it better than RE4-6 and Evil Within already. Just like Revelations 1 (even though it definitely helped being on 3ds to impress).

Manu

How dare they indeed!

I don't remember those days.

RE games were scary when I was 10.

FLAguy954

It's painfully obvious that this started as a 3DS game. It should have stayed there, it simply feels cheap on a home console.

That is an insult to the 3DS. Revelations 1 was a higher quality release than this game obviously. You can blame this game looking like cheap shit squarely on Capcom and not the 'imaginary' platform of origin.

Yeah, Revelations was crap imo. It's as bad as Resident Evil 6, Dumb story (not cheesy, just dumb), bad gameplay decisions, 50% mindless COD shooting, bad boss fights, bad enemy design, no tension and it's short.
I hate it. I don't say it's as bad as RC but both games are bad imo.

RE5 was mediocre. Not bad but definitely not good.

I really liked Resident Evil 5. And then I heard Revelations was supposed to be even better. I played a few hours of it and concluded that people were just trying to justify their $250 3DS purchase. It was hot ass on a dinner plate.

gafneo

Banned
Private video. Not sold on RER2. Mainly because of the character designs. They are the blandest designs next to Daikatona.

Top Bottom