• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore interview about E3 : "winning E3 is overrated"

rubso

Banned
In an interview with Games Radar, Moore said Microsoft has a bigger message than its competitors do.

With his bravest face firmly fixed during his whole online interview, Moore remained bullish but without revealing exactly what his company would have to show in LA, saying, “The important thing is that we have a strong message… it’s the other guys’ turn to put up or shut up.

“This idea that you must win E3 is fine but the majority of consumers want to see more substance. It lasts for a few weeks and that’s it. Winning E3 is overrated; I won it at Sega in 1999 and 2000 with Dreamcast and see where that got me.”

"SERIOUS BUSINESS"
Peter%20Moore%20Photo%202--screenshot_large.jpg

link

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Peter Moore said:
I won it at Sega in 1999 and 2000 with Dreamcast and see where that got me.”

Yeah with a company that's still losing to Sony.:lol

brocke

Banned
lol that's never a good sign when a message like that comes a few days before E3.

i guess microsoft has tons of great stuff to show us...

Mifune

Mehmber
He's got a point, though. Many people proclaimed Nintendo the big winner of E3 2001. Few can say they were the big winner of last gen.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Whats with all the sonybots and the ass slapping ? I couldnt have sworn this thread has already been done a number of times with that quote.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
It's true, "winning" e3 means little, but it's hilarious to see him damage control nonetheless. :lol

I think he's just reflecting on personal experience and he's right. e3 hype only gets you so far there is so much more work and effort that needs to be done throughout to deliver the gains you want.

Klocker

this could also be... under-promise, over-deliver. :)

lowered expectations are probably a good thing building up to a big public event

jett

D-Member
hellfire said:
nintendo won e3 2001. halo looked and played like ass. didn't mean diddly squat.

I believe Sony "won" e3 2001. Nintendo "won" in 2002. It's been a sonyfest since then though.

BorkBork said:
It's true, "winning" e3 means little, but it's hilarious to see him damage control nonetheless. :lol

I think it's hilarious that he's damage controlling so soon, the pre-show conferences haven't even started yet or anything :lol

Speevy

Banned
Ganondorf>Link said:
Though he has a point, he wouldn't be saying it if he felt like they were gonna win E3.

MS wouldn't win E3 if the company published 1,000 games themselves. It's impossible.

Wii is more interesting, PS3 is more exciting.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
What he's saying is true, but I think he's retarded for actually saying it, especially before E3.

It's true, but it makes it seem like MS is not going to win E3 this year. :X

brocke

Banned
Jonnyram said:
What he's saying is true, but I think he's retarded for actually saying it, especially before E3.

Exactly that and the out of place title for the article. If someone were to come across the article title without reading the article it just reads "winning is overrated".

Sallokin

It's a shame that Peter Moore has to adhere to so much company policy. I'd really like to know what his candid thoughts are when he doesn't have to spout PR and marketing garbage.

Bebpo

Banned
Speevy said:
MS wouldn't win E3 if the company published 1,000 games themselves. It's impossible.

Wii is more interesting, PS3 is more exciting.

I thought it's about the games?

Mifune

Mehmber
Sallokin said:
It's a shame that Peter Moore has to adhere to so much company policy. I'd really like to know what his candid thoughts are when he doesn't have to spout PR and marketing garbage.

Actually, I think Peter Moore is hands-down the most candid of the Big Three spokespeople. I actually get the impression that he plays the games he pimps.

Speevy

Banned
Bebpo said:
I thought it's about the games?

In MS' case the new consoles are still more intriguing to people, and with new consoles are unrevealed or less covered games, and more interest.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jonnyram said:

Thank you Jonnyram. Why say this before E3? I mean winning direct debates between president canidates does mean that person will win the election, but a canidate shouldn't say, "this debate doesn't mean anything. I could lose tonight and still be president."

I just....someone....he doesn't make any sense.

WHY say this BEFORE E3?

You Xbots really have it tough with people like this....

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
BudokaiMR2 said:
I just....someone....he doesn't make any sense.

WHY say this BEFORE E3?

You Xbots really have it tough with people like this....

why say it in the middle of the night, nonetheless! (just kidding, i know it was published before)

Amir0x

Banned
Really, it IS about the games... but I think there's just too much new shit to show from Sony and Nintendo to "win."

And as he says, "winning" will only do so much. That said, Wii will win E3.

Top Bottom