• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means one of three possible things: Rare didn't start really working on their new projects when ntkrnl knew of his info (hopefully not), Rare's projects really are meant to turn around the studio so they were kept very top secret (hopefully yes), or ntkrnl just didn't have any real connection to Rare so there just wouldn't be any info for him (the less boring but most likely answer out of these three).

Kinect Sports Rivals hadnt launched yet when he posted, I suspect they were just working on things that were only concepts known to the team doing them before they started showing the big wigs at Microsoft and things got more well known

rrc1594

Kinect Sports Rivals hadnt launched yet when he posted, I suspect they were just working on things that were only concepts known to the team doing them before they started showing the big wigs at Microsoft and things got more well known

It will be really interesting if they are working on a 3D platformer.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

Yeah, that makes sense. I forgot about Kinect Sports not arriving during then, but I guess the XBO had really just been out for a few months by the time he posted.

Still, I am excited for what Rare is working on. It seems like they really want to turn around the image of the studio, and to hopefully reflect what Rare once was.

That's probably going to be the most likely megaton for Microsoft, barring something really huge and out there.

What if Sony had a like a full dedicated 20 minutes to all the JRPGs that are coming to the console.

Like someone walks out on to the stage and says Playstation is known as the home of Japanese role-playing games. Here's a trailer for FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5, new Sony IP, new Level 5 game, Disgaea 5, Star Ocean 5, and Tales of Zestria.

That would be a dream come true.

gasb0705

Banned
Really hyped for this year's E3.

While I believe Sony will have a good conference, MS is set to have the best show on E3. They are really making an effort.

dyergram

I'm hoping for 2015 based solely on how Todd Howard and Pete Hines have talked about their marketing approach recently. I believe they said they want as quick of a turn around between reveal and release as possible, and when they show the game they want it to basically be finished (I'll see if I can't find sources for those). If it is 2016, I think it'll be in the first half of the year. Plus, Fallout 3 was revealed at E3 the year it released, so it isn't completely unprecedented.

I'm going to expect 2016 though just so I don't get my hopes dashed.
Expect 2017 if you don't want to be disappointed I feel like fo3 took ages from first announcement to release :/

Luke_Wal

A question regarding Sonys First Party Studios.
Does Team Soho from Sony London still exist? They made the Getaway Games & i would to see them work on a PS4 Game again

For the MS Conference im actually pretty excited for Scalebound. It will probably be the most expensive project from Platinum Games. Let's see what they do with that MS Money

From what I understand, all of Sony London is working exclusively on Morpheus stuff. Seems to be their chief VR studio.

From what I understand, all of Sony London is working exclusively on Morpheus stuff. Seems to be their chief VR studio.

i would say this aswell if it wasn't these word from Verendus

No idea about Wipeout. Maybe you'll get something similar to Rollcage in the future though. London will do something more core oriented, but you'll be waiting.

Sounds like they will go back to work on a AAA Game, but we will have to wait.
Maybe right now VR projects, after that the AAA Game

Natheren

What if Sony had a like a full dedicated 20 minutes to all the JRPGs that are coming to the console.

Like someone walks out on to the stage and says Playstation is known as the home of Japanese role-playing games. Here's a trailer for FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5, new Sony IP, new Level 5 game, Disgaea 5, Star Ocean 5, and Tales of Zestria.

That would be awesome and would certainly make this the best E3 by far. But I seriously doubt that'll happen. Most of those games will be there in some way but have my doubts on the new Sony IP if your talking about that JRPG that they are supposedly working on. KH3 is pretty ify to.

Muzy72

Banned
I'm hate nkrnl. He made MS's E3 so damn boring because literally nothing was left as a surprise. Except for the indie games, those were great! Especially Ori and the Blind Forest.

FluxWaveZ

People keep quoting this comment and I also keep thinking back to it, because it's a fantastic idea. It's not an unrealistic idea and it would make so many people happy/excited. Just like a section dedicated to indie games, a section dedicated to their upcoming, PS4 exclusive JRPGs would be great.

If we see a strong JRPG presence at E3, I expect a JRPG-hate movement to blossom forth.

Eh, open-world games, FPS games, sport games... any genre that'll have a prominent E3 showing will get that hate. If anything, it'll mean JRPGs have finally made it back.

labaronx

If Microsoft doesn't show off any substantial quantum break footage I'll be severely disappointed
Quantum break was revealed at the xbox event in may 2013 and we've seen only a slice of it. And its still a year away..... i wanna see more damn it. Anything less than a stage demo is a failure to me

As far as everything else

Halo 5: buying a console for it
Forza 6: not a racer fan
Tomb Raider: plenty of other 3rd party games a head on the list
Gears hd: yes please
Battletoads: im listening intently

FelipeMGM

Well, Sony just created a new studio (North West Studios) that will be only focused on Morpheus games, so I think Sony London will work with them as Santa Monica or Xdev do for other studios.

Also I bet Firesprite (Studio Liverpool alumni) is making a Morpheus games. They did Playroom along side Studio Japan. Or maybe they will work on a new Wipeout
YES PLEASE

klaushm

I'm hate nkrnl. He made MS's E3 so damn boring because literally nothing was left as a surprise. Except for the indie games, those were great! Especially Ori and the Blind Forest.

Understand your position. I hate unwanted spoiler.

Also, I've just realized something...

Wouldn't be awesome any card game using VR or AR?
Imagine Hearthstones with all monsters summoned, magic and shit.

Or even if you watched Yu-Gi-Oh... Well.. you know what I mean.

Very excited for EA and Bethesda.

Shinobi, pleeeeease tell me you still have a hunch that Fallout 4 will come out this year. That's basically THE one thing I want this E3. Nothing else matters.

Uncharted 4 being delayed and Tomb Raider being snatched up by Microsoft kind of gutted this Fall for me.

Eh, open-world games, FPS games, sport games... any genre that'll have a prominent E3 showing will get that hate. If anything, it'll mean JRPGs have finally made it back.

Pretty much. But I do hope that they give some of the spotlight to them and to some other games that aren't as high profile. Even if it's just in a montage. Sorta like how they gave Dragon's Crown some attention when it was shown in their E3 2011 montage. Which reminds me, I hope that we get to see Vanillaware's next game soon. Dragon's Crown is nearly two years old now.

A question regarding Sonys First Party Studios.
Does Team Soho from Sony London still exist? They made the Getaway Games & i would to see them work on a PS4 Game again

For the MS Conference im actually pretty excited for Scalebound. It will probably be the most expensive project from Platinum Games. Let's see what they do with that MS Money

Most of Team Soho actually left Sony and formed the team that made LA Noire. (Team Bondi?) Its why that game started off as a Sony game before they sold the rights to Rockstar.

And no. They dont exist anymore.

RexNovis

Banned
If we see a strong JRPG presence at E3, I expect a JRPG-hate movement to blossom forth.

Because JRPGs have really been flooding the market lately and everyone is totally sick of them

/s but yea it'll happen. The wonders of the internet.

Most of Team Soho actually left Sony and formed the team that made LA Noire. (Team Bondi?) Its why that game started off as a Sony game before they sold the rights to Rockstar.

You realize this is completely wrong right?

Team Soho was merged with Sony London while the Director of Development went on to cofound Team Bondi. One person =/= most.

stryke

They left London and went all the way to Australia to form a game studio?

That doesn't sound right.

RexNovis

Banned
Oh ok. Must have been mistaking.

Well I think it was a some of the senior staff or something.

Now that I think about it Getaway PS3 and LA Noire where revealed around the same time so I guess some of the Getaway team was still around at Studio London then.

Yea I edited it in. Basically the Director of Development split from the team to go found his own studio in Australia. As far as I know he was the only one from Soho who was a part of Team Bondi.

Also for the record Kennedy Miller Mitchell (an Australian investment firm headed up by George Miller) owns the rights to LA Noir and Whore of the Orient not Rockstar.

Yea I edited it in. Basically the Director of Development split from the team to go found his own studio in Australia. As far as I know he was the only one from Soho who was a part of Team Bondi.

Also for the record Kennedy Miller Mitchell (an Australian investment firm headed up by George Miller) owns the rights to LA Noir and Whore of the Orient not Rockstar.

Wrong. Rockstar/Take 2 owns LA Noire.

Show Horizon, Uncharted, and The Last Guardian. Add in a dash of GT7 and a tease of God of War 4 and Sony has a legendary E3 locked in.

thuway

I think those of us wishing for JRPGs will be happy with the Sony conference this year. They had a pretty nice pop for the FFXV / KH3 back to back announcement and at PSX when Suikoden 2 was shown.

I am more interested in how first party will represent itself at the event. World Wide Studios are way too quiet. Give us those feels ya'll.

Yeah; Kinect Sports Rivals launched only in April last year, and I get the feeling that the studio hadn't decided on its new game/direction until it was clear that Kinect and Kinect Sports were flatlining. That being said, while I expect Battletoads will be there and ~12 months for a small digital game seems like enough development time before revealing it, if they're also working on a bigger Banjo style platformer that seems a bit too early to show it after ~12 months' development.

FelipeMGM

Yeah; Kinect Sports Rivals launched only in April last year, and I get the feeling that the studio hadn't decided on its new game/direction until it was clear that Kinect and Kinect Sports were flatlining. That being said, while I expect Battletoads will be there and ~12 months for a small digital game seems like enough development time before revealing it, if they're also working on a bigger Banjo style platformer that seems a bit too early to show it after ~12 months' development.

I dont think RARE will make a platformer. Most of the guys who were really good in that genre already left the studio.

I think those of us wishing for JRPGs will be happy with the Sony conference this year. They had a pretty nice pop for the FFXV / KH3 back to back announcement and at PSX when Suikoden 2 was shown.

I am more interested in how first party will represent itself at the event. World Wide Studios are way too quiet. Give us those feels ya'll.

I hope you're right, the KH III and FFXV reveal is my favorite E3 moment ever.

I dont think RARE will make a platformer. Most of the guys who were really good in that genre already left the studio.

I'm certain that their next game will be Battletoads, and their next retail game will be a new instalment of a classic series - Viva Pinata, Banjo-Tooie, Perfect Dark, Conker. Out of those I think Banjo is the most likely.

FelipeMGM

I'm certain that their next game will be Battletoads, and their next retail game will be a new instalment of a classic series - Viva Pinata, Banjo-Tooie, Perfect Dark, Conker. Out of those I think Banjo is the most likely.

I think another studio will make Battetoads. Maybe Twisted Pixel. Rare worked solely in Kinect games for almost 5 years. I think MS should not rush them to do anything.

klaushm

Show Horizon, Uncharted, and The Last Guardian. Add in a dash of GT7 and a tease of God of War 4 and Sony has a legendary E3 locked in.

Pretty much sum everyone's wishes.

I need to stop seen this thread.
I was not even a bit hyped for E3...
Now I have faith/hype/midi-chlorian

klaushm

Well, Sony just created a new studio (North West Studios) that will be only focused on Morpheus games, so I think Sony London will work with them as Santa Monica or Xdev do for other studios.

Also I bet Firesprite (Studio Liverpool alumni) is making a Morpheus games. They did Playroom along side Studio Japan. Or maybe they will work on a new Wipeout
YES PLEASE

They have some studios working on Morpheus.
And they inicial plan to release is 1Q 2016, according to Sony investor day thread(sorry, I am on mobile).
PM me if I mislead.

Morpheus games must be announced at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom