• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Wife and I went to Alo today for her bday.

Holy fuck was it good. Top three meals I've had in the city.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wife and I went to Alo today for her bday.

Holy fuck was it good. Top three meals I've had in the city.
God damn you, Divvy! I thought I had that on you. I had a reservation a few weeks ago but was too busy and the bloody place is booked for 8 weeks.

Presumably the top new restaurant in the city for 2015.

I'll go back to Wendy's and sulk.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
God damn you, Divvy! I thought I had that on you. I had a reservation a few weeks ago but was too busy and the bloody place is booked for 8 weeks.

Presumably the top new restaurant in the city for 2015.

I'll go back to Wendy's and sulk.

Ha!

Had to book in early december.

And yeah, It's definitely up there. Some of the most creative flavours and textures I've ever had.

I also like that that place is not up its own ass in pretentiousness like some other high end places

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
not if they're a real contender!!!

I'm just teasing. Really though Skinny Lowry has been crazy good.

I think what I like most about Skinny Kyle Lowry is the big fuck you it is to idiots like Steve Simmons who didn't want him re-signed with the team because it was a contract year and he has a history of being out of shape.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ha!

Had to book in early december.

And yeah, It's definitely up there. Some of the most creative flavours and textures I've ever had.

I also like that that place is not up its own ass in pretentiousness like some other high end places
Pictures? More impression?

Cock and balls sausage and gravy?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
IJkfYRU.gif

Jesus! Relax, Kave! We'll get you some ramen next time!

So we're ditching our Herman Miller Aerons and moving to Steelcase Gestures for the new office. Excited to see how comfortable my ass will feel on these new chairs.

mr.rager

Sansotei NUMBER ONE. Wow, I finally agree with a BlogTO poll. I guess I need to try Isshin, Raijin is great. Kinton has the best cut of pork, but fucking terrible service. At every location.

You really need to. A few of my Japanese friends say Isshin is the best ramen in town. I really like the Tonkotsu at Isshin but the Tonkotsu black at Sansotei is just godlike.

Mail came in saying I got jury duty (panel?) on March.

What should I expect?

Expect to sit around a lot. The odds of you getting chosen are low. I've been called up twice and sent home both times due to not having any cases. This was in Mississauga though so I dunno how it works in Toronto, I've heard it's a bit different. If you don't want to go, you need to have a valid reason like a school exam, financial diffculty or whatever. Bring a book/handheld to help pass time.

Kraftwerk

Got a call from that interview I had. They want to meet again on Monday. I think this is a good sign (?)

They wouldn't tell me what the meeting was about.

now even more nervous.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Got a call from that interview I had. They want to meet again on Monday. I think this is a good sign (?)

now even more nervous.
Good sign. They wouldn't waste their time and yours to call you in for a "we're sorry, we went with anothe candidate". Might be for a second round of interviews though.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

now even more nervous.

It's a good sign.

Also, there was a billboard at VP & Sheppard that said "thank you Stephen Harper"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good sign.

Also, there was a billboard at VP & Sheppard that said "thank you Stephen Harper"
That's...not a good sign...

For all the dumbassery that Harper did, was there ANY good? Stuff he did or implemented besides "well, we sure showed those Liburals by voting them out".

Mupod

now even more nervous.

Honestly I've never had a second interview that meant something other than 'got the job'.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mail came in saying I got jury duty (panel?) on March.

What should I expect?
My experience was sitting in a big room all week doing nothing but reading and listening to music on my Discman (yes that long ago) while they played Mr Bean videos on TVs all week. On the fourth day of doing this they had a bunch of us go into a courtroom where they asked potential jurors questions. They already had everyone they needed before they got to me so I wasn't asked anything. They then told the rest of us that no cases were starting on the Friday so we didn't need to come back. A huge waste of 4 days. The only plus was my work at the time paid me for the 4 days of jury duty even though they didn't have to.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Team Warm so desperate they consider 1-5 degrees as "warm".

YOU BETTER BE WEARING JUST A TSHIRT AND SHORTS KURO.
No snow. Plus weather. January/February. I'd say this is a win. NORTH FACE JACKET SO I'M SWEATING BULLETS! DEAL WITH IT!

Edit: at Kyouka Ramen now. Hope this is better than Ryu's Noodle House. Also, Divvy, where them pics at? :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, things are too expensive in this city. I'm moving to a mountain in Tibet or something to become a monk.
Move to Nunavut ;)

I guess that one guy in the Canadian Deals thread likes it there, but I wouldn't be up there even for 100k. Basic goods are ridiculously high, weather can be horrendously bad, increased chances of power outages, and other problems.

Vidya gaems are so high they should be criminal too up there.

cocopuffs

Banned
No snow. Plus weather. January/February. I'd say this is a win. NORTH FACE JACKET SO I'M SWEATING BULLETS! DEAL WITH IT!

Edit: at Kyouka Ramen now. Hope this is better than Ryu's Noodle House. Also, Divvy, where them pics at? :(
There's a winter storm coming soon dw.

probably

winter can't end like this

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
so how was Kyouka?
tl;dr not as good as the top places. Noodles were actually pretty good. Soup was way too mild for my taste. Good since it's the only game in the Eastern part of the city, but I wouldn't even blink when I walked by it to Sansotei.
Anyone try the new hot pot restaurant in Chinatown Morals Village? http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/morals-village-chinatown-toronto

I'm thinking of making reservations there for CNY.
Don't think I've had a particularly fantastic hot pot experience here ever. Let us know how it is.
That's more central and northern Ontario.... :'(

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCK! >=/

Top Bottom