• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 5, Part 2 – S6 premieres Oct 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REVIEW THE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS (SEE BELOW)

After the tragic events of the mid-season finale -- as well as losing the possibility of a cure in Washington, DC -- Rick Grimes' band of survivors find themselves on the road, surviving day to day and trying to hold on to their shredded humanity and dwindling hope.

Stripped of security and without a direction for the future, some of the group near their breaking point, some find themselves hardened and cold and some just try to grasp on to what little they have left.

Though they are still breathing, the line between Rick's group and the dead is starting to blur.

Could there be anything at this point that brings them back to life?

As in previous seasons, the series’ fifth season of 16 episodes will air in two-parts, with the first eight hours kicking off October 12, 2014 and the final eight episodes returning February 8, 2015.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Danai Gurira, Chad Coleman, Sonequa Martin-Green, Michael Cudlitz, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Josh McDermitt, and Seth Gilliam. The series is executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Tom Luse and Greg Nicotero.

DgTSafq.png

Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags. Please remember to spoiler tag any preview and/or promo discussion for episodes that have not aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. All discussion regarding unofficially distributed media belongs in The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. (Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers)
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
. All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.​

EsnTwEt.png

Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Danai Gurira as Michonne
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon

Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Alanna Masterson as Tara Chambler

Steven Yeun as Glenn Rhee
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Seth Gilliam as Gabriel Stokes

Chad L. Coleman as Tyreese
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Tyler James Williams as Noah

Michael Cudlitz as Sgt. Abraham Ford
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Christian Serratos as Rosita Espinosa
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Josh McDermitt as Dr. Eugene Porter

lEeMnhj.png

2wizm9T.png

Trailers

Season Recaps

y354eiN.png

grVy8B2.png

gar8i1t.png

X2l04xt.jpg

K76vSmj.jpg

kkBVmud.jpg

A13L3mP.jpg

M7R87w1.jpg

jwtEfqs.jpg

Special thanks for SamuraiX- for passing the thread duties on to me and for creating all of the fab banners and to Cornballer for posting most of the links in the last thread so I didn't have to go around searching for them on my own. <3

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Oh, this is back next week? I thought it was March for some reason. Hopefully Glenn either dies or pulls the stick out of his ass this season. Also Michonne barely got any screentime in the first part of the season. She needs more.

styl3s

Second half of Walking Dead seasons have consistently been amazing and this season in particular has just been amazing so i am excited.

Also, to people who buy the LE's like myself, anything stick out this season that could be turned into Season 5 LE? We had the zombie with the screwdriver in the eye for S2, Gov tank for S3 and the dead zombie on tree for S4. I am hoping for bobs foot.

The ending of Part 1 still bugs me a little. Such a pointless death.
I have to see where it pushes Daryl before agreeing because as it stands he's been worthless eye candy for the female demo for the past 4 seasons.

I thought the first half was alright.

Though, needs more Michonne and Carl. Yeah, I think Carl's cool and hella-underrated, fight me.

Kinyou

I have to see where it pushes Daryl before agreeing because as it stands he's been worthless eye candy for the female demo for the past 4 seasons.
True, maybe it has some worth in pushing certain characters over the line.

Dysun

First half of Season 5 has been pretty good so far, except for the lame ending to the final episode. Lets hope for a rebound

PopeReal

I don't know if I'll be back for the second half. This show goes through such extremes, but the lows are really low.

They always come back.

Well mostly. Even if they don't they come back here to tell us how much it sucks.

Personally I can't wait for the show to get rolling again.

I look forward to all the people saying they will swear off the show at least 3 times in the first half coming back for the second half.

Enjoy!

They always come back.

Well mostly. Even if they don't they come back here to tell us how much it sucks.

Personally I can't wait for the show to get rolling again.
Well, I'm already in this topic so my resolve isn't off to a great start.

But if I do quit it, I won't be hanging around the thread. I'm not a fan of that.

Grisby

AND WE'RE BACK.

On another note, I'm finally re-watching seasons 3 and 4. Man, I'm pissed with what they did with Andrea. Her whole deal with the governor is so damn dumb.

HardRojo

Here's hoping the second half will be more interesting, it may sound like hyperbole but I didn't enjoy the first half of the season at all, and I believe one of the episodes is among one of the worst written ones in the series so far.

Nice, my rotten body is ready!

Comic:
Here we come, Alexandria. Let's hope they don't drag it into 3 season drama-fest like the prison.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Comic:
Here we come, Alexandria. Let's hope they don't drag it into 3 season drama-fest like the prison.

The prison only lasted 1 and a half seasons. (which made sense given how long they were there in the comics - 6 volumes!!)

But yeah, (comic)
Alexandria is a huge huge huge part of the comic series (they arrive there in volume 12 and are still there in the most current volume - 23) so you better get used to the idea. :p I'd say the show'll probably stay there for at least 2 or 3 seasons (not counting this season, where I'm assuming they won't end up in A until the final episode or two).

But yeah, (comic)
Alexandria is a huge huge huge part of the comic series (they arrive there in volume 12 and are still there in the most current volume - 23) so you better get used to the idea. :p I'd say the show'll probably stay there for at least 2 or 3 seasons (not counting this season, where I'm assuming they won't end up in A until the final episode or two).

Comic:
I know the Alexandria was big part of the comics, far more bigger than prison was, but even in the comics there was a big part which focused only on the inside of Alexandria with only handful of zombies here and there. I'm afraid at least 1 season will be just boring drama and maybe some riot inside Alexandria and I fear it will be riddled with bad acting. I just hope that later on they make Negan as brutal as he is in the comics, and Lucille as charming as she ever was. Also I'm a little bit intriqued about how they are gonna pull off Carl's little accident.

Zaph

The prison only lasted 1 and a half seasons. (which made sense given how long they were there in the comics - 6 volumes!!)

But yeah, (comic)

Comic:
I know the Alexandria was big part of the comics, far more bigger than prison was, but even in the comics there was a big part which focused only on the inside of Alexandria with only handful of zombies here and there. I'm afraid at least 1 season will be just boring drama and maybe some riot inside Alexandria and I fear it will be riddled with bad acting. I just hope that later on they make Negan as brutal as he is in the comics, and Lucille as charming as she ever was. Also I'm a little bit intriqued about how they are gonna pull off Carl's little accident.

(Comic)
Yeah, I don't think Alexandria will feel dragged out because while it's a long (on-going) part of the comics, so much happens and new characters/settings are frequently introduced. Really looking forward to it, I've had enough of the gang wondering around the exact same woods over and over.

Vico

Finally caught up on the show this morning.
Watched everything during the last six months.

Will be interesting to follow the show week by week.

daveo42

Banned
Oh man. 2nd half starting up in under a week. Hopefully this ends up being as good as the first half of this season.

Hope that they
cut the bullshit already and find the community of survivors already. Right after that. Bring on the Negan! This show needs another badass villain for the group to fear.

styl3s

If they don't bring in Henry Rollins to play
Negan
they are goddamn fools.

Also *comic spoiler head*
I hope when they do bring in Negan they make it seem like hes about to bash Glens head in but quickly turns and straight murders Daryl leaving the world is such shock Twitter and Facebook will probably break that night.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
(Comic)
Yeah, I don't think Alexandria will feel dragged out because while it's a long (on-going) part of the comics, so much happens and new characters/settings are frequently introduced.

For sure, for sure. (comic)
Unlike the prison, which was pretty static as far as circumstances go (I mean, they just stay there and, like farm and stuff before getting wiped out by the Governor), the Alexandria situation is constantly changing - Alexandria itself changes quite a bit over the course of the arc, new characters come in and out, the world opens up considerably when the Hilltop and the Kingdom are introduced, there's a big time jump, etc.

There's a lot of stuff to do there that'll hopefully keep things from getting too stale. I have faith that Gimple knows what he's doing.

Hope that they
cut the bullshit already and find the community of survivors already.

end of season brah. probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom