• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 5, Part 2 – S6 premieres Oct 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

What Happened and What's Going On

After the recent trials the group has faced, a slight detour could be the solution they've been searching for.

Tonight's episode was written by Scott M. Gimple and directed by Greg Nicotero. :O

Guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead:

Ron Perlman
Greg Nicotero
and a surprise cast member...

GET HYPE

Toa TAK

Banned
Man, I'm kinda pumped TWD is coming back. Usually I'm just like "Okay here we go." But I like this show too much to just abandon it.
Plus I've been with it since day one, so I would feel like I wasted my time if I don't see it finish.

I will go down with this ship.

You won't be alone.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This is where I am at now. The show is fun enough but there is no tension. We need a real shake up. Get rid of Daryl, Rick, Glenn and Carol and you would have a really interesting group dynamic.

Rick is the main character of The Walking Dead and he's not going to be killed off (unless the actor died irl or he wanted to leave the show for some reason) until maybe the series finale.

The others are certainly more expendable although I fail to see how killing Glenn would constitute a "real shake up". Daryl is kind of 'meh' to be honest, but Carol is a really good character and killing her off at this point would be a shame.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Let's see:

Safe

Rick
Carl
Michonne
Carol
Maggie
Gabriel
Sasha
Abraham
Eugene
Rosita

50/50

Daryl
Tara
Glenn
Tyreese

Doomed

Noah (because AMC didn't bother to put him in any of the promo photos and the actor recently joined a different show)

Tyreese seems easily expendable. He is too nice for this world. RIP. I guess Noah could die but he is too new. I don't think they'd kill of an OG cast member in a midseason premier like glenn/daryl.

Frog-fu

Banned
If the main cast is going to lose some key players any time soon, I want Glenn or Maggie to die, preferably both, but if I had to choose one it'd be Glenn. Dude has been too close to death too many times. It's annoying.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
If the main cast is going to lose some key players any time soon, I want Glenn or Maggie to die, preferably both, but if I had to choose one it'd be Glenn. Dude has been too close to death too many times. It's annoying.

Plus, losing Beth and then Glenn immediately after would really put Maggie through the ringer.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Seeing maggie alone without the baggage of the relationship would be great. Similar to lori leaving.

Yeah, I feel like it would open up a ton of new avenues for her character. Then again, she and Glenn are the only real couple on the show (Abraham and Rosita seem more like fuck buddies) and I don't know if they would want to break them up after having just broken up the other couple, Bob and Sasha.

On the one hand, I feel like that's what makes both Maggie and Glenn safe for a while. They just lost Beth. On the other hand, Maggie just lost her sister and losing her husband right after would be super dramatic. Beth dies and then Glenn? Mega drama for Maggie. (not to mention that she hasn't had time to really mourn her dad...)

Same for Sasha and Tyreese. Sasha just lost Bob so maybe that makes Tyreese safe, but on the other hand, losing her lover and then her brother would be a huge turn of events that the show could do a lot with.

MisterHero

I don't want anymore Season 1/2 characters to die. When you watch dead characters having stupid debates in previous seasons you realize there's no payoff for going through so much crap. Andrea's arc in Season 3 is the worst of all. S5 Beth's is #2, and Tyrese is #3 if he doesn't stop screwing around (letting Martin live, etc.).

In fact, Andrea's payoff is so terrible that she deserves a retcon and return to the show. :p

IronRinn

Do they put Talking Dead online? I can't stay up for it but I would be interested in hearing what Perlman has to say.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
PSA:

AMC's new series 'Better Call Saul' will premiere tonight after The Walking Dead so you'll have to wait an extra hour for The Talking Dead.

This is a one time only thing, as Better Call Saul's regular slot is on Monday nights, so don't fret.

(Better Call Saul is getting really good reviews, so this definitely isn't another Low Winter Sun situation. Link to the OT, for those of you interested in joining us over there)

Do they put Talking Dead online? I can't stay up for it but I would be interested in hearing what Perlman has to say.

I don't know, but there are usually recaps posted the next day.

Pluto

If they kill someone I hope it's one of those three:

1. Tyreese, he let the wannabe baby killer/cannibal live, he's a wussy.

2. Eugene because I hate him. I give him credit for tricking doofuses into protecting him but that doesn't make me hate him less.

3. Abraham because he's a moron who believed Eugene's bullshit story and was then mad when he found out the obvious bullshit story was indeed bullshit ... whoa, big surprise. What a dumbass.

Of course my number one pick when it comes to character deaths is Rick but that's not going to happen. :(

tumblr_n0roisAokk1rzvnudo1_400.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So is there a legal way for a Canadian who doesn't have AMC to watch TWD online as its released?

You might try the Canadian Amazon/iTunes to see if they sell each episode individually.

3. Abraham because he's a moron who believed Eugene's bullshit story and was then mad when he found out the obvious bullshit story was indeed bullshit ... whoa, big surprise. What a dumbass.

Not really. He was about to kill himself (right? I forget) when Eugene ran past screaming for help. Eugene's far fetched story was the only thing keeping him going after the devastation of finding his family dead after he scared them away. It was literally the only thing keeping him alive - he couldn't doubt it or question it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom