• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 5, Part 2 – S6 premieres Oct 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
AND WE'RE BACK.

On another note, I'm finally re-watching seasons 3 and 4. Man, I'm pissed with what they did with Andrea. Her whole deal with the governor is so damn dumb.

At least we have Carol. It's been awesome watching her go from battered wife to the person who is probably the most sensible in the group.

SamuraiX-

Entertainment Weekly - Andrew Lincoln says 'The Walking Dead' return is 'brutal'

Andy says prepare your anuses for the return of the back half the same way you should've been prepared for the Season 5 premiere. :O

Says Season 5's back eight are his favorite second half of episodes since the show started dividing seasons into two parts. Episodes 9 and 10 are two of his personal favorites this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Entertainment Weekly - Andrew Lincoln says 'The Walking Dead' return is 'brutal'

Andy says prepare your anuses for the return of the back half the same way you should've been prepared for the Season 5 premiere. :O

Says Season 5's back eight are his favorite second half of episodes since the show started dividing seasons into two parts. Episodes 9 and 10 are two of his personal favorites this season.

I believe it. :O

LuuKyK

Finally finished up watching all the episodes. Can't wait to follow it live with you guys from now on. As someone who has never read the books/comics, I am very excited to see where this is all headed.

Andy says prepare your anuses

Ok? lol

Nameless

You know, it took a while, but Andrew Lincoln has really come into his own as Rick over the past couple of seasons. He's one of my favorite leading men on TV -- this from someone who was firmly on #teamshane.

You know, it took a while, but Andrew Lincoln has really come into his own as Rick over the past couple of seasons. He's one of my favorite leading men on TV -- this from someone who was firmly on #teamshane.

But he always appears as if someone ran over his dog in the previous scene. He has that constant mood every episode. They dont really give him much to work with beyond being grim dark.

I went to Walker Stalker Con on sunday in San Francisco, was interesting. The highlight of the day was getting to high five Herschel when he was walking between convention halls. Wanted to get a pic with Merle but he was busy talking on a panel with the Governor when I was there. Was cool to see some of the stars there and sneak some pictures of them. Various actors were there and all were charging wayyyy too much for an autograph or a selfie with them. $40+ for an autograph from some one off characters, no thanks. Overall a fun time, will go again next year.

hot damn that's so hype

a few more days!

But he always appears as if someone ran over his dog in the previous scene. He has that constant mood every episode. They dont really give him much to work with beyond being grim dark.

There's not much to life in this universe outside of grim dark, especially if you've got to carry the weight of leadership.

There's not much to life in this universe outside of grim dark, especially if you've got to carry the weight of leadership.

I understand that but it doesn't really make for an interesting character. I imagine it gets boring for the actor too. The director probably is in his chair counting his money and everyone already knows what to do by now.

someday

Banned
I understand that but it doesn't really make for an interesting character. I imagine it gets boring for the actor too. The director probably is in his chair counting his money and everyone already knows what to do by now.
Honestly, I agree. Rick is either silent and brooding, or insane angry. I get why but it doesn't make for engaging TV.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Honestly, I agree. Rick is either silent and brooding, or insane angry. I get why but it doesn't make for engaging TV.

What about when he reunited with Judith? Or when they were at the church and having a good time before the cannibals attacked?

someday

Banned
What about when he reunited with Judith? Or when they were at the church and having a good time before the cannibals attacked?
True but those were two fleeting moments in all of season 5A. I really just want to see them give Rick something besides brooding.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I'm all caught up. I attempted to sever myself from this show after the third season, but my buddy talked me back into watching it since he said season 4 was really good, and fuckin a he was so right. Season 4 is now my favorite season, I loved every episode. Caught up on the first half of season 5 and I liked it but really could not get into the hospital story arc shit with Beth, I hated it tbh. I'm glad it's over. Here's hoping the second half of season 5 is better than the first half.

SamuraiX-

Entertainment Weekly - Robert Kirkman promises a very unique episode of The Walking Dead

“Episode 509 is going to be a fan favorite episode in a lot of ways, and it’s going to be a fan-hated episode in a lot of ways,” says Kirkman, “because it is a somewhat brutal episode. Those are very hard for the audience here and there, but there’s a lot of magic in that episode as well, and a lot of really cool stuff that people are going to be very excited about. So it’s going to be a very special, very unique episode that I’m really excited for people to see.”

Entertainment Weekly - Walking Dead showrunner Scott M. Gimple talks about the 'very different episode' coming up

Considering the season-five midseason finale of The Walking Dead ended with the group carrying out the lifeless corpse of one of their own, it probably is not a surprise to hear showrunner Scott M. Gimple say that the midseason premiere this Sunday night “starts off with some pretty intense stuff, some very emotional stuff.” But if fans think they have an idea of what to expect, they should think again. “The first episode is something that we all just threw everything into, says Gimple. “We wanted to do something different, and episode nine is a very different episode for this program. We definitely have not had a premiere like it. We’re very proud of it and we hope people dig it.”

The next 2 days are gonna feel longer than the last 2 months. lol

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm not getting my hopes up. Season 5 PartA was just confused and not paced well. It felt like the first part of it could have been in Season 4 and the second part, the beginning of Season 5.

SamuraiX-

Seriously. I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.

EW knows how to build the hype. These interviews just keep coming!

Entertainment Weekly - Andrew Lincoln says the rest of The Walking Dead season is 'f---ing nuts'

“I think that people have to be prepared for it. We also go very dark and then something different happens in the story which I think is going to breathe incredible new life further down the road for the show.”

I will say that episode 9 is probably my favorite episode. It’s an extraordinary episode. I don’t know what it looks like, but when I read it, it had the same effect on me as 314. I thought, stylistically, we’re moving into a new place. It was so tight and smart and moving. I mean it’s incredibly moving, but it’s a really, really cool episode.

Episode 314 "Prey", the episode where Andrea escapes Woodbury and is hunted by The Governor. That episode was kinda fun in some aspects but overall pretty meh for me.

I’m really, really half terrified, half so excited to see how people view the way the story goes. I mean it’s completely uncompromising and it’s almost like there’s a mini pilot episode in the middle of the season and it’s nuts. It’s f—ing nuts! I can’t explain what it was like doing it, but it was pretty crazy—just an amazing experience. The more time I get away from it the more I realize, oh, God it’s such a brave thing that [showrunner] Scott Gimple’s done. I mean, he’s got such brilliance. All the writing I thought from everybody was really magnificent. To be able to juggle what he’s done, to be able to keep so many plates spinning, and do something so radically different is…you know, I actually kneel before him in that reverence.

Andy seems to be fully aboard the InGimpleWeTrust train. :D

I love seeing him always so ecstatic about everyone season. Then you know he's really giving it his all and isn't getting bored with the scripts or his character.

I think by the end of the season we’re carrying more characters than we’ve ever had in the whole other five years, and that’s what I mean about the plate spinning. I think Scott and the writers have just done an extraordinary job about really filling out and giving story arcs and extraordinarily emotional journeys to a substantial amount of principal actors. I said it before: I don’t think it’s an ensemble anymore—it’s a show of leading actors.

Only about 30 more hours to go, fellas!

26oomDK.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Episode 314 "Prey", the episode where Andrea escapes Woodbury and is hunted by The Governor. That episode was kinda fun in some aspects but overall pretty meh for me.

Yeah, it's weird that he mentioned 314 as being one of his favorites since that was a pretty tame episode overall.

Andy seems to be fully aboard the InGimpleWeTrust train. :D

As he should be! :D

I love seeing him always so ecstatic about everyone season. Then you know he's really giving it his all and isn't getting bored with the scripts or his character.

It's pretty cool. You don't often see actors get this excited about their jobs.

Only about 30 more hours to go, fellas!

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Silkworm

Hmmm. Looking at my DVR's description of tomorrow's episode it almost sounds like a
recap
episode but maybe it's just one of those generic descriptions to avoid spoiling what will be shown *shrug*

slit

Oh cool, I forgot this started again tomorrow.

Although I did hate the way Beth died. It made no sense at all.

Pluto

I hope 509 is the return of Rambo Carol, that was the most awesome thing the show did last year and the way they're hyping this episode I expect nothing less. Carol is the best regular character by far and episodes featuring her have been the highlights since season 4, Indifference, The Grove, No Sanctuary ... omg, I want more of that.

LaNaranja

I'm not getting hyped up, I do enjoy they show but I'm not falling for the hype anymore.

This is where I am at now. The show is fun enough but there is no tension. We need a real shake up. Get rid of Daryl, Rick, Glenn and Carol and you would have a really interesting group dynamic.

someday

Banned
I'm not getting hyped up, I do enjoy they show but I'm not falling for the hype anymore.
That's where I am as well. I'm looking forward to it returning and I've been pretty happy with seasons 4 and 5 but these over hyped episodes are often not as great as they think they are.

That said, I will happily eat crow if this one is.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, if you insist Norman... *dreamboat sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom