• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

somnific said:
because i love this thread, i felt compelled to collect all the covers and put them up on one page. my apologies to the artist whose images i resized; i want to go for some conformity. also my apologies to those that i might have missed-- please let me know if this is the case (case or credit wise).

http://www.palesky.com/misc/gaf_collection_collected/

Wow, thanks very much. That's incredible.

I really need to do more, I love ths thread.

FromTheFuture said:
I'm not very good at this.. =(

Another attempt:
pokemongold.png
It works pretty well though. Classical paintbrush style as opposed to cell-shaded anime.

Foxix Von

Pretty simple stuff (I suck at Photoshop:lol ) But I had to dig through an unbelievable amount of animu to find decent fanart :lol
GafCollectPSO1copy2.jpg
GafCollectPSO2copy.jpg

GafCollectPSO3copy.jpg

VQ

MNC

Trying to go minimalistic...

Yeah I know... FILTERFILTERFILTER... I'm not very good at photoshop besides basic drawing tools. I'm not doing system shock any good. I will remake or make another one when I'm more awake! Art by Glen Fernandez.

208a60y.png

Agh, the more I look at it the less sense it makes.

Bernbaum

Fireflu said:
Yeah I love the Bioshock one as the waves also look like clouds, depending on how you look at it, which totally juxtaposes the whole under water city aspect

That is EXACTLY what I was going for. Anyone unfamiliar with the game would think it's just another cityscape with a plane in the clouds- but those who have played it would understand the ominous prelude to the events of Jacks return to Rapture.

Cheers!

Also, the Noby Noby Boy 'Very Hungry Caterpillar' is brilliant.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
these are amazing.

can someone well-versed in printing these walk me through resizing to the appropriate size for dvd cases so i can replace the shittier box art for this much better stuff?

Bernbaum

beelzebozo said:
these are amazing.

can someone well-versed in printing these walk me through resizing to the appropriate size for dvd cases so i can replace the shittier box art for this much better stuff?

If you are serious: The majority of contributions have stuck to the 348x490 pixel size image, and have been compressed. They will not look too great if you enlarge them. You could try pm-ing the makers of the ones you want enlarged and they may have kept the original image before resizing and compressing for web, but it is unlikely.

larvi

What's the shadow supposed to be on the Babyz's box? It makes it look like you took a photo with you between the light source and the box.

dacuk

NeoGAF is full of talent.

Next time the company I work for requires designers, I will send them this thread COMPLETE.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
mik said:
(but it should be "A Ubisoft Production" ;-) )
Oh, thanks! :)

larvi said:
What's the shadow supposed to be on the Babyz's box? It makes it look like you took a photo with you between the light source and the box.
The shadow of the main baby on the actual box art.

Pringo

Banned
JonathanEx said:
If someone made a DVD size template for the whole cover, that'd be great then.
I actually posted a link in the OP to a bunch of templates, but I guess you might have missed it: http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=1610.0

They have templates for all the major system boxes. They're all PSD files I think though, so if you don't have Photoshop they might not be usable. In any case, you'd need an HD source for the cover first which most people haven't posted. In retrospect I should've asked for that in the OP originally, but I didn't even think of it at the time.

Bernbaum

Fantastic Sonic covers! There's no aliasing on the Sonic ball but there is for Tails and Knuckles. What happened there?

Echoes said:
OH. MY. GOD.

I want this HQ, please.

here you go.

click on the image. i was bored so i also made the back cover (which you can crop if you don't like it :lol )

EDIT: oh crap, i just realized there's a typo on the back cover!! fixed the typo and updated the link to the correct one, sorry for any inconvenience that i may caused :(

also made a cover for its sequel:

and here's the HQ zelda cover in case somebody wants it:

Aselith said:
Shouldn't those be showing a snowfield not the desert?

yeah... i found this image and just paste it on photoshop and slap some title on it :lol

zaidr

Bernbaum said:
Fantastic Sonic covers! There's no aliasing on the Sonic ball but there is for Tails and Knuckles. What happened there?

Thanks. I copied the Tails and Knuckles balls from the base Sonic one. That might have been the problem... donno.

Willeth

Thanks!

Just blurred the title a bit to make it fit with the original a bit better and changed the sidebar colour:

rb.jpg

Also toying with the idea of changing the date to 2008 :lol

Willeth

Exactly. And while I'm on the music thing:

2n99t6o.jpg

Source images here and here.

I probably need to clean up the perspective on this. The blue and orange notes are further than the should be.

Top Bottom