• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

orioto

Good Art™
gokieks said:
Something I whipped up in short order.

gaf_collection_okami.png

Not completely satisfied with it yet though. And the source image is by our very own and very amazing Orioto.

Thx, i don't need to participate in this thread to be there now :D
The thread is cool by the way but less than this other board's thread with book cover with videogames !

DarwinMayflower

Neo Member
Just some ghetto fast Final Fantasy ones. Having a harder time with FF6 since it's my favorite as with the latter ones since I haven't had much experience with them. FF2 was a bit too easy, but I suppose for such an alright game, it needed a cover to make it look better than it played.

ff1.jpg

ff2.jpg

ff3b.jpg

ff4.jpg

ff5.jpg

Red

flabberghastly said:
I looked at this and thought "Co? What game is that?"

Then I thought "Ueda? Didn't he do... oh."

Neat idea. This thread is awesome. I give it a thumbs up.

Bernbaum

bitq said:
god damn.... so awesome

is the design original? very cool concept. the whole premise of the game in a single picture.

Yes, I designed it all in Photoshop. The plane is adapted from a stock image.

DarwinMayflower said:

The cover nails both the game and this thread's aim of encouraging subtly indirect references to gameplay/story elements.

Walshicus

Not too happy with Halo 3 here. If I were less lazy I'd have snapped Arbiter and Chief in a different pose to the one in Halo 2.

Still, I'm sure there are far better for Halo to come from the rest of the community!

HaloTGC.png
Halo2TGC.png
Halo3TGC.png

Mark D

This thread melts my fucking face off.

Really draws light to the fact that 99% of game covers are juvenile pieces of crap.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Everyone amazing work, these are awesome not to mention they fit almost perfectly as a wallpaper for my ipod touch. :) Keep it up! I wish I had Photoshop again, but I need a job.

Ourobolus

Banned
Goddamn, I wish I were artistic enough to create some of these. Please, keep this thread going!

Anyone up for trying Nocturne?
Or Chrono Trigger? :D
EDIT: Yes, I see the Frog one. I like it, but...

somnific

while i've been off on other photoshop adventures, holy cow, the thread has blown up!

gafcollection_castlecrashers.png

well, give me a little bit and i'll have the collected collection up to date.

EDIT: an awesome thing is that since the thread has been making the rounds, even people not registered on neogaf have been submitting some entries:

from Krypter:

gafcollection_krypter_planetsape01.jpg
gafcollection_krypter_planetsape02.jpg
gafcollection_krypter_okami.jpg

from -VIP0R-:

oboxcopy.png

pretty neat! thanks guys!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
For Torment, I recommend the theme of circularity, since its was the main theme of the game

Sfida

2eyb20y.jpg

I had made one for Persona, but it wound up looking too convoluted, so here's one for Skies of Arcadia, instead.

Oh my god, we should have a G in the top left corner the way Criterion Collection has a C. I don't know what it is about it, but it looks awesome when it's there.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
neojubei said:
Usually I hate Halo art, but this is quite good.

Here are 2 of mine

ibdvh3.jpg

2ngfyj7.jpg

Hey neo, think you could do a ME one with the dual planet eclipse from the beacon vision.

Top Bottom