• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡¡¡¡¡ Street Fighter 4 announced !!!!! (and Dark Void, and Lost Planet PS3, and more)

Loudninja

03.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

01.jpg

06.jpg

sorry :D

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Well, BC does look pretty hot.

I hope it also means BC is coming to PSN/XBLA too. Hopefully it will get a SF2 HD Remix treatment.

Capcom: Thy new God.

Honestly, they are on a serious hot streak. I can't wait for DMC, and Bionic Commando is looking seriously hot. Capcom remain the best third party devs out there, and right now there line-up is right up there with Nintendo and Sony's first party (probably even better depending on your tastes).

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
freethought said:
Capcom: Thy new God.

Honestly, they are on a serious hot streak. I can't wait for DMC, and Bionic Commando is looking seriously hot. Capcom remain the best third party devs out there, and right now there line-up is right up there with Nintendo and Sony's first party (probably even better depending on your tastes).

srsly

Re5
SF4
DMC4
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter 3
Lost Planet
Dark Void
SFHD remix
MegaMan ZX Advent
Commando 3

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
~Devil Trigger~ said:
srsly

Re5
SF4
DMC4
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter 3
Lost Planet
Dark Void
SFHD remix
MegaMan ZX Advent
Commando 3

Yup. Capcom wins this gen. No other publisher can touch them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are you guys all Capcom n00bs?

They do this every gen

1 year:
1/2 classic awesomeness never expected
1/2 revolutionizing awesomeness never comprehended

3-4 years:
rehash/refine previous two to perfection

rinse, repeat

~Devil Trigger~ said:
srsly

Re5
SF4
DMC4
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter 3
Lost Planet
Dark Void
SFHD remix
MegaMan ZX Advent
Commando 3

Shoot me now, I totally forgot about RE5! Capcom wins, no-one has a stronger line-up, Sony would have to announce GoW3 and the new Team ICO game tomorrow just to catch up. I can't think of a single third party that even comes close.

Dice said:

They do this every gen

1 year:

3-4 years:

rinse, repeat
And that is why Capcom has continually been my favorite dev each generation.

Dice

Mr_Furious said:
And that is why Capcom has continually been my favorite dev each generation.
Same here. I only put in "rehash" because that's how some other people see it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
vala said:
That game was developed by Arika, directed by Akira Nishitani and produced by Noritaka Funamizu.

Chou DBZ was not made by Arika. It was from Crafts & Meister, a new development team started by Funamizu. Bandai released it in arcades and on PS2.

Nice game, too. Too bad it didn't really catch on and was ignored by both DBZ and fighting game fans. :/

Xav

I'd say starting with the Dreamcast is when Capcom REALLY started to become great, seriously Capcom is insane these days. Is there such a thing as a bad Capcom game these days?
As it currently stands Capcom is my favourite developer at the moment.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Xav said:
I'd say starting with the Dreamcast is when Capcom REALLY started to become great, seriously Capcom is insane these days. Is there such a thing as a bad Capcom game these days?
As it currently stands Capcom is my favourite developer at the moment.

The Dreamcast? What?

Capcom was awesome since just about forever.

They even made Disney games good :bow

Lyte Edge

Fatghost said:
The Dreamcast? What?

Capcom was awesome since just about forever.

They even made Disney games good :bow

This is pretty much all that needs to be said. I think there's just a lot of younger people here these days who don't remember the 8 and 16-bit eras.

Xav

Maybe you guy's misunderstood me, Capcom were always a good developer but I think they got better starting with the Dreamcast. Since then they've stepped up in my opinion.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Lyte Edge said:
This is pretty much all that needs to be said. I think there's just a lot of younger people here these days who don't remember the 8 and 16-bit eras.

Stupid kids always getting in the way...

Dice

Xav said:
Maybe you guy's misunderstood me, Capcom were always a good developer but I think they got better starting with the Dreamcast. Since then they've stepped up in my opinion.
I think that was more of an overall industry shift.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dice said:

They do this every gen

1 year:

3-4 years:

rinse, repeat

they won Last gen for me too

RE4
DMC series
Onimusha series
Viewtiful Joe
GODHAND
Okami
SF Anniversary(SF3)
MvsCap 2

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
~Devil Trigger~ said:
they won Last gen for me too

RE4
DMC series
Onimusha series
Viewtiful Joe
GODHAND
Okami
SF Anniversary(SF3)
MvsCap 2

Yup. Capcom is always the winner. They won the gen before too (RE1-3, X-Men vs SF, Alpha series).

And they won the gen before that (SF2 series, Breath of Fire series, Megaman X series)

Oh, BTW

Send MS an email to fix the slowdown and sprite glitches in Marvel vs Capcom 2 and SF3 Third Strike! backcomp@microsoft.com

Tenbatsu

Lyte Edge said:

Capcom's best period is not now, thats all I can say.

vala said:
That game was developed by Arika, directed by Akira Nishitani and produced by Noritaka Funamizu.

For reference, here are the names of the SF designers:

SF 2:
Akira "Nin" Nishitani
Akiman (freelance)

This changes everything.

fubarduck

Fatghost said:
Good question.

I don't think it's anywhere close to playable yet.
The reason the announcement for SF4 was rumored in the first place is because a playable build has supposedly been available for a few months now (in Alpha). Supposedly, they were asking various other game companies and key people in the industry for feedback.

Either way, this game is probably much further along in development than most people think (I believe Sven from Capcom USA also said something to this effect).

Snaku

Banned
fubarduck said:
The reason the announcement for SF4 was rumored in the first place is because a playable build has supposedly been available for a few months now (in Alpha). Supposedly, they were asking various other game companies and key people in the industry for feedback.

Either way, this game is probably much further along in development than most people think (I believe Sven from Capcom USA also said something to this effect).

Yeah, if we're gonna see gameplay publicly by early next year, then it has to be in some kind of playable form now.

Boerseun

Banned
I don't mean to start a flame war or some such, but in my opinion Capcom has been a dissappointment so far this gen. Their output now or in the forseeable future doesn't stand up to the likes of what they were doing last gen or the gen before that.

I reckon Lost Planet and Dead Rising were both major dissappointments, while DMC 4 doesn't look anything like a must buy. I am however looking forward to seeing how Street Fighter 4, Monster Hunter 3, Zack & Wiki and Umbrella Chronicles turn out. I'm hoping gamers' patience will be rewarded! :D

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Boerseun said:
I don't mean to start a flame war or some such, but in my opinion Capcom has been a dissappointment so far this gen. Their output now or in the forseeable future doesn't stand up to the likes of what they were doing last gen or the gen before that.

I reckon Lost Planet and Dead Rising were both major dissappointments, while DMC 4 doesn't look anything like a must buy. I am however looking forward to seeing how Street Fighter 4, Monster Hunter 3, Zack & Wiki and Umbrella Chronicles turn out. I'm hoping gamers' patience will be rewarded! :D

Umbrella Chronicles, but not RE5? :/

NeonZ

Fatghost said:
Well, part of the problem here is that SF isn't really a story based game.

SF2 worked the same way Pac-Man or Tetris or Wii Sports works. It was simple to get into, had some surprising hidden depth, and was a blast to play.

They don't really need a "good" story, just an organized single player structure to make the player continue playing the game for some time, even without 'human' competition available.

Look at Alpha 3... the amount of cutscenes and dialog is really big, actually, but it's spread among all the character's arcade modes. Rather than doing something like that, an obviously arcade focused structure, they should build every cutscene and dialog around a singular, longer, story mode. That's everything I'm saying. An unique 'storyline', rather than a bunch of unconnected Arcade modes with a few quotes and cutscenes per character, fits better in a console environment.

Ashhong

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you are not only misinformed, but are also stating opinions without ever playing the game.

Boerseun said:
I reckon Lost Planet and Dead Rising were both major dissappointments, while DMC 4 doesn't look anything like a must buy.

I'm guessing you haven't played LP or DR? Both were genuinely fun, with DR being a huge surprise hit (and weren't they both 1mil+ sellers?). DMC 4 looks like an improved DMC3, which is saying a lot, so you must not like DMC at all.

Boerseun said:
I am however looking forward to seeing how Street Fighter 4, Monster Hunter 3, Zack & Wiki and Umbrella Chronicles turn out.

And also the fact that you skip RE5 and instead look forward to RE:UC....well, that says a lot. I'm guessing you're a Wii gamer? Judging by your anticipated games and lack of next-gen playtime.

Aggelos said:
Everybody has his own personal taste/liking/preferences....

Incorrect. Not when it comes to RE:UC vs RE5. There should be no contest.

Aggelos

Ashhong said:
Incorrect. Not when it comes to RE:UC vs RE5. There should be no contest.

Why is my point of view incorrect?
Do we have monarchy here at neoGAF? Has the freedom of "ideology-opinion interchange-circulation" been banned here?
Every gamer has the right to have presonal taste/liking/preferences. Every gamer has the right to prefer one game over an other and also has the right to tout his preference!
I prefer Lost Planet over Dead Rising and I tout that! I have the right to perpetrate so!

Boerseun said:

Personally I think they have a better line-up this gen than they did this early last gen. Devil May Cry was fucking incredible, that goes without saying. But Onimusha was just alright imo, the series got better but I'd never call it a classic (maybe 3) and while REmake was interesting, RE in general was pretty stale. They were still the best third party (MvC2 was the shit, but why no 1on1?) but it took them a while to get going last gen.

pswii60

Boerseun said:

So you don't like Capcom games that aren't on the Wii and aren't Street Fighter.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It just dawned on me that there has been practically no showroom footage whatsoever besides that one bad quality video of Super Turbo - not even Gamersyde was there? Or was that all strictly off-limits?

ShinAmano

Skilotonn said:
It just dawned on me that there has been practically no showroom footage whatsoever besides that one bad quality video of Super Turbo - not even Gamersyde was there? Or was that all strictly off-limits?
Yeah they really need a direct feed of the game to show it off (HDRemix).

Lyte Edge

vala said:

LOL, the link there takes you to a site that says the following:

The game was developed by Crafts & Meister, headed by Noritaka Funamizu (responsible in part for Street Fighter II). The game features 18 playable characters, destructible environments, and a game engine geared towards fans of more traditional fighting games.

I read that Arika did something with the game's music back when it first came out, maybe that's the connection.

Xav said:

No, really...WHAT THE FUCK?? They had the likes of Mega Man 2, Street Fighter 2 to SF3 2nd Impact, Ghouls N' Ghosts, D&D, Marvel, Darkstalkers, Final Fight, and countless other amazing games since day one. They have always kicked ass.

Jirotrom

~Devil Trigger~ said:
srsly

Re5
SF4
DMC4
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter 3
Lost Planet
Dark Void
SFHD remix
MegaMan ZX Advent
Commando 3

missing Zack and Wiki and Phoenix wright.

MarkMan said:
Street Fighter 4 has been in playable form for awhile now...

Since early this year, at least. :)

Have you played it, and is it good.

Top Bottom