• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡¡¡¡¡ Street Fighter 4 announced !!!!! (and Dark Void, and Lost Planet PS3, and more)

kurahadol

My dream has come true. Now maybe SNK will smarten up and make a new-age King of Fighters or Mark of the Wolves...a man can dream right?

Taker666

Is that it?....

....games we knew about.... a port.... a 2D fighter (which will probably play more or less the same as the last 20 offshoots which a few hardcore will drool over because it's HD and all the fighters are wearing new pants)..and Dark Void

Whoopee shit.

Avellon

twinturbo2 said:
I have to wonder about Super SFII HD, though: will the original game be included? I'm just wondering- I'm a completest, after all.

I don't think it will be. Its going to be downloadable, so they have to cut the size as much as possible (at least for Xbox Live)

MoxManiac

Hcoregamer00 said:
No the big concern should be that the property is owned by Capcom USA which means the game will likely be developed by an American Studio.

Why is this assumed? SFA3 Max psp port was done in-house in japan and capcom usa had the license then.

Capcom USA owning the license doesn't mean shit about who's developing it.

tehbear

Taker666 said:
Is that it?....

....games we knew about.... a port.... a 2D fighter (which will probably play more or less the same as the last 20 offshoots which a few hardcore will drool over because it's HD and all the fighers are wearing new pants)..and Dark Void

Whoopee shit.

I see gaming does not please you :(

Mamesj

Banned
shoplifter said:
Who the hell will actually get to play an arcade SF4 in this day and age? I believe I saw a grand total of 2 3rd Strike machines in the US, both in NYC (at an actual arcade, where do those actually exist in non-large cities now?) when I visited there, and I don't think I ever saw one here in Ohio.

Sure, they'd be relatively plentiful in Japan, but what's the point?

first, arcade games are still a considerable source of revenue in Japan. A popular, competitive fighting game is worth big bucks over there. Second, that's the only way the game will get tweaked and upgraded. They have to keep people interested in the arcade version. The result can be something like SF3, which is an institution of its own over there.

If it goes straight to consoles, people lay down a flat cost and Capcom gets to call it day after counting up the monies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
tehbear said:
I don't think I've ever seen 1080p sprites, my mind knows not what this will look like.
2yll0qv.jpg

ethelred said:
Er... Bionic Commando is going to be on the PS3, too. And what if Street Fighter 4 and Dark Void are both PS3 games? So that's at least two PS3 games announced (one of which is an old game), possibly four.

Stop bitching.

i'm going to eat a broom, if SF4 turns out to be a PS3/360 game.
heck no, i'll have a complete warehouse full of brooms for breakfast, if that should be the case:D
seriously, i think that a new SF would just better fit onto handhelds and wii.

Avellon

kurahadol said:
My dream has come true. Now maybe SNK will smarten up and make a new-age King of Fighters or Mark of the Wolves...a man can dream right?

Isn't that what King of Fighters 12 is supposed to be?

Tenbatsu

spoon! said:
That's nice. Good for you.

BTW -Those hoping that Arc won't be handling the game, their current team have people that worked on MOTW, Darkstalkers and Samurai Showdown. IMO unless Capcom pulled out the dream team out of retirement, ASW wouldn't be the worst dev out there to handle the game..

I hope Akiman is involve in this SF4 project.

Btw, in case you guys dunno who AKIMAN is, he is the designer for Chun-Li.

camineet

Banned
this thread should go nuclear / nova.

should be a sticky.

come on it's motherfucking Street Fighter 4

(whatever that means in this universe....in another universe SF4 might be something different)

OMG I am still in shock..

we need a new word other than MEGATON because MEGATON does not begin to describe this.

GIGATON perhaps?

BIG BANG

bigbang.jpg

this is a Big Bang, or at least a little Big Bang :D

Aske said:
Tears of joy at SF4.

But this makes me almost as happy:

Didn't they say widescreen was off the cards? Score one for fan outrage.

Wouldn't it have to be widescreen if it was going to be true hd?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
omg sf4

i'm sure it's going to be hd -- they won't go backwards after ssft2hdr (lolz)

and i won't be shocked if udon's involved...but i actually like their work on ssfoaihfwosd

the lost planet ps3 port might be the groundwork for a multiplatform sequel. which would be awesome.

ShinAmano

FrequentlyNasty said:
heck no, i'll have a complete warehouse full of brooms for breakfast, if that should be the case:D
most ignorant comment I have ever read.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, but it wouldn't have the charm if it didn't go through arcade revisions like VF5 and many other games.

Yes arcade would be good. But I'd almost rather skip the arcade period now and go straight to consoles so I don't have to wait as long :D

Better be 2D sprites and 1080p though.

Taker666 said:
Is that it?....

....games we knew about.... a port.... a 2D fighter (which will probably play more or less the same as the last 20 offshoots which a few hardcore will drool over because it's HD and all the fighters are wearing new pants)..and Dark Void

Whoopee shit.

Translation: "I hate good games."

camineet

Banned
Prayer1.jpg

"Dear God, please let Street Fighter 4 be good, and not some pile of shit by a shitty western developer. I know times have changed, the Capcom of old is gone, but, you do work in mysterious ways. I...... BELIEVE"

FrequentlyNasty said:

Silence, junior.

Tenbatsu

Fatghost said:
Yes arcade would be good. But I'd almost rather skip the arcade period now and go straight to consoles so I don't have to wait as long :D

Street Fighter without appearing in arcade first = fail.

v0yce

FrequentlyNasty said:
played on a friends 360. a colorful game with very nice explosions combined with an utterly boring gameplay.
i really enjoyed playing DR, it's one of the few IPs on the 360 i'd like to see on the ps3, but LP is definetely not a game anyone must have seen.
even the ps3 will offer a dozen better shooters by the time LP is going to appear.

Such as?

Mamesj

Banned
Fatghost said:

no consoles!!! must start in the arcade!

or a dual release might not be so bad, then they could roll out upgrades for everything all at once.

but we all know the truth already...

it's going to debut on....

cellphones.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Avellon said:
I don't think it will be. Its going to be downloadable, so they have to cut the size as much as possible (at least for Xbox Live)
Well, it's a good thing that Capcom Classics Collection 2 has it, I suppose...

nofi said:
You've got quite a thing going on with the juniors, huh?

The ones I have addressed in this thread have got quite a thing going on with making ridiculously asinine posts.

They're probably frequent GameFAQs posters.

Nolan.

FrequentlyNasty said:

Is this sarcasm... someone please tell me my meter was never operational.

shinsnake said:
I have a feeling that SF4 will be nextgen consoles only. I sure hope not, but I just have this bad, bad feeling.

Yeah, I agree. Capcom seems to be primarily PS3/360/PC with it's big franchises lately, so I doubt anything that isn't blatantly obvious (We Love Golf) will be coming to Wii.

Then again, who the hell wants to do a Waggle-doken?

Top Bottom