• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡¡¡¡¡ Street Fighter 4 announced !!!!! (and Dark Void, and Lost Planet PS3, and more)

Blutonium

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Street Fighter 4
Development has just begun and the release of the game is more than a year away. No platforms are yet confirmed - a highly stylised animated concept trailer of Ryu and Ken fighting was shown, but no game footage.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD (Xbox Live Arcade)
The game will feature a spectator mode and is scheduled for a 2008 while the team try and get zero lag for the online mode. Also features stat tracking and widescreen. Original music from Street Fighter 2 will be used, plus remixed versions of all those tunes.

yes...YES GOD YES

bune duggy said:
1zxljbd.png

?

Just got announced for DS. :lol

Richelieu

Again, since nobody paid attention to the first time, Dead Rising 2 may not happen AT ALL.

From Kotaku, Sept 2007:

Ashcraft: So Dead Rising 2 won't be announced next year?
Inafune: Yeah. The original team has been split up and is working on different projects.
Ashcraft: And you are probably busy with your executive role at Capcom?
Inafune: I do really want to do Dead Rising 2. It's just still hard to get games for the Western market approved.
Ashcraft: But Dead Rising was a big hit abroad.
Inafune: It wasn't a big hit here in Japan.
Ashcraft: Why is it hard to still get Western geared games approved in Japan?
Inafune: You live here. You know how it is. That's why getting games for the Western market is still a challenge. So we need people like [Osaka-based Capcom producer] Ben Judd to bridge the gap between Japan and abroad. It's really hard for people like Ben, I'm sure.

So stop waiting for Dead Rising 2 to be announced. Maybe it will be announced in 2009.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
CAPCOM ANNOUNCES STREEET FIGHTER® IV: LEGENDS FORCE DEGREES™.

SAN MATEO, Calif — October 16, 2007 — Capcom® Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the development of the highly anticipated first installment of the beloved Streeet Fighter® franchise for the New Millennium, in the form of Streeet Fighter® IV: Legends Force Degrees™, coming Spring 2009 for the PS2®, PSP®, and Wii™.

Join Ryu as he battles the armies of the malevolent M. Bison in an immersive fully 3-D beat-em-up, a huge evolution in gameplay from the simple 2D Streeet Fighter® games of the past. Soldiers, street thugs, mutated monsters, and all other sorts of baddies will swarm the screen to stop your quest, but luckily players will be able to use all manners of punches, kicks, and the famous Hadouken attack to clean up the streets. A second player can team up in split-screen co-op (playing as Ken) for dual enemy-blasting action. The martial artists can also collect powerups and tokens for health and special attacks.

Continuing the evolution of the Streeet Fighter® series, Streeet Fighter® IV will showcase a deep and engaging storyline, conveyed through cinematic cutscenes with full voice acting. The game will also feature breathtaking 3-D graphics and sound, creating a Streeet Fighter® game like no other.

:lol :lol :lol After that lackluster announcement you made this thread worth it.

I already knew SF4 was coming eventually, i wanted this announcement to be a blowout of screens and details, not Capcom confirming what i already knew. :(

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
MightyHedgehog said:
I don't care what the ethnicity or nationality is of the team doing SF IV. I also would actually prefer 3D flattened to sprites since there are lots of interesting graphics effects that could really enhance and next-gen-ify the new SF. Also, I don't want the spaghetti animation of SF III. I want more restrained movement, closer to Garou MotW. I am a blasphemer, I know.
As long as you know...

Now go wash your mouth out with soap!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Diablohead said:
Thinking about it, now might be the best time to buy a stick before they all sell out or go up in price.
I'm only holding onto mine until the X-Arcade stick is compatible with the 360. Just sayin'.

Richelieu said:
Again, since nobody paid attention to the first time, Dead Rising 2 may not happen AT ALL.

From Kotaku, Sept 2007:

Ashcraft: So Dead Rising 2 won't be announced next year?
Inafune: Yeah. The original team has been split up and is working on different projects.
Ashcraft: And you are probably busy with your executive role at Capcom?
Inafune: I do really want to do Dead Rising 2. It's just still hard to get games for the Western market approved.
Ashcraft: But Dead Rising was a big hit abroad.
Inafune: It wasn't a big hit here in Japan.
Ashcraft: Why is it hard to still get Western geared games approved in Japan?
Inafune: You live here. You know how it is. That's why getting games for the Western market is still a challenge. So we need people like [Osaka-based Capcom producer] Ben Judd to bridge the gap between Japan and abroad. It's really hard for people like Ben, I'm sure.

So stop waiting for Dead Rising 2 to be announced. Maybe it will be announced in 2009.

Ahhhhhhh shit.

Watch Lost Planet 2 get announced. Then I tear my neck out with my teeth.

neptunes

I think a fixed Dead Rising would have been better than Lost Planet.

LP is going to get lost in next year's early ps3 line-up

Diablohead said:
So what makes LP mediocre, reading gaf or have you played it?

played on a friends 360. a colorful game with very nice explosions combined with an utterly boring gameplay.
i really enjoyed playing DR, it's one of the few IPs on the 360 i'd like to see on the ps3, but LP is definetely not a game anyone must have seen.
even the ps3 will offer a dozen better shooters by the time LP is going to appear.

shoplifter

Jirotrom said:
i would just like to point out yet again... Capcom USA owns street fighter, so until I get confirmation that some other folks ( an all japanese team) is making it, and also that there will be an arcade release, I'm not getting excited.

Who the hell will actually get to play an arcade SF4 in this day and age? I believe I saw a grand total of 2 3rd Strike machines in the US, both in NYC (at an actual arcade, where do those actually exist in non-large cities now?) when I visited there, and I don't think I ever saw one here in Ohio.

Sure, they'd be relatively plentiful in Japan, but what's the point?

Icy

Banned
Syth_Blade22 said:
lol I know what you mean.
Hopefully Street Fighter 4 is on pretty much everything so everyone can enjoy the magic.

why the hell would you quote yourself?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
TONX said:
Street Fighter 2 - Released 1991

Street Fighter 3 - Released 1997

Street Fighter 4 - Release date 2008 (assuming)

Wow at the gaps between games. Imagine waiting for any other sequel for that long.

You forgot to list Street Fighter Alpha (1995), Alpha 2 (1996), Alpha 3 (1998), EX (1997), EX2, (1998), EX3 (2000), not to mention all the upgrades these games have gotten.

But HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT it's been years since Capcom even released a new fighter, much less announced a brand new one. Now the long wait begins, but it's great to see Capcom finally back making fighting games. And Basara X and SSF2T HD Remix will make the wait a lot easier.

ethelred

SolidSnakex said:
:lol @ the big PS3 news Sven was hyping being a year old Lost Planet port. That ranks right up there with the Naruto announcement.

Er... Bionic Commando is going to be on the PS3, too. And what if Street Fighter 4 and Dark Void are both PS3 games? So that's at least two PS3 games announced (one of which is an old game), possibly four.

Stop bitching.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Plaid Socks said:
If it's 2d sprite based, there is no hope.

What?

The only logical, scientifically accepted evidence of the existance of an all powerful, all loving God who loves you personally will be a 2D, sprite based, 1080p native, high quality, awesome, Street Fighter 4.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
shoplifter said:
Who the hell will actually get to play an arcade SF4 in this day and age? I believe I saw a grand total of 2 3rd Strike machines in the US, both in NYC (at an actual arcade, where do those actually exist in non-large cities now?) when I visited there, and I don't think I ever saw one here in Ohio.

Sure, they'd be relatively plentiful in Japan, but what's the point?

Balancing and tweaking the game, if there was an arcade port they could go through 3-4 revisions until we get a nice perfected game.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Hcoregamer00 said:
Balancing and tweaking the game, if there was an arcade port they could go through 3-4 revisions until we get a nice perfected game.

Well, there is always online balance patches.

[Nintex] said:
This is coming for DS next year though.:D

Also when was the Lost Planet Hate force founded?
It's not as good as Resident Evil 4 or Devil May Cry 3. But still it's a good game with some awesome levels, aliens and features.
but since it says "only for Nintendo" it's still true, isn't it? :)

Edit:
Pureauthor said:
Just got announced for DS. :lol
see above.

tehbear

Fatghost said:
What?

The only logical, scientifically accepted evidence of the existance of an all powerful, all loving God who loves you personally will be a 2D, sprite based, 1080p native, high quality, awesome, Street Fighter 4.

I don't think I've ever seen 1080p sprites, my mind knows not what this will look like.

ShinAmano

Fatghost said:
What?

:D Quoted for truth...

spoon!

Jirotrom said:
i would just like to point out yet again... Capcom USA owns street fighter, so until I get confirmation that some other folks ( an all japanese team) is making it, and also that there will be an arcade release, I'm not getting excited.

That's nice. Good for you.

BTW -Those hoping that Arc won't be handling the game, their current team have people that worked on MOTW, Darkstalkers and Samurai Showdown. IMO unless Capcom pulled out the dream team out of retirement, ASW wouldn't be the worst dev out there to handle the game..

Aske

Tears of joy at SF4.

But this makes me almost as happy:

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD (Xbox Live Arcade)
The game will feature a spectator mode and is scheduled for a 2008 while the team try and get zero lag for the online mode. Also features stat tracking and widescreen. Original music from Street Fighter 2 will be used, plus remixed versions of all those tunes.

Didn't they say widescreen was off the cards? Score one for fan outrage.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I have to wonder about Super SFII HD, though: will the original game be included? I'm just wondering- I'm a completest, after all.

Top Bottom