• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡¡¡¡¡ Street Fighter 4 announced !!!!! (and Dark Void, and Lost Planet PS3, and more)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
ethelred said:
This is going to be 3D and made by westerners.
CAPCOM ANNOUNCES STREEET FIGHTER® IV: LEGENDS FORCE DEGREES™.

SAN MATEO, Calif — October 16, 2007 — Capcom® Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the development of the highly anticipated first installment of the beloved Streeet Fighter® franchise for the New Millennium, in the form of Streeet Fighter® IV: Legends Force Degrees™, coming Spring 2009 for the PS2®, PSP®, and Wii™.

Join Ryu as he battles the armies of the malevolent M. Bison in an immersive fully 3-D beat-em-up, a huge evolution in gameplay from the simple 2D Streeet Fighter® games of the past. Soldiers, street thugs, mutated monsters, and all other sorts of baddies will swarm the screen to stop your quest, but luckily players will be able to use all manners of punches, kicks, and the famous Hadouken attack to clean up the streets. A second player can team up in split-screen co-op (playing as Ken) for dual enemy-blasting action. The martial artists can also collect powerups and tokens for health and special attacks.

Continuing the evolution of the Streeet Fighter® series, Streeet Fighter® IV will showcase a deep and engaging storyline, conveyed through cinematic cutscenes with full voice acting. The game will also feature breathtaking 3-D graphics and sound, creating a Streeet Fighter® game like no other.

SAN MATEO, Calif — October 16, 2007 — Capcom® Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the development of the highly anticipated first installment of the beloved Streeet Fighter® franchise for the New Millennium, in the form of Streeet Fighter® IV: Legends Force Degrees™, coming Spring 2009 for the PS2®, PSP®, and Wii™.

Join Ryu as he battles the armies of the malevolent M. Bison in an immersive fully 3-D beat-em-up, a huge evolution in gameplay from the simple 2D Streeet Fighter® games of the past. Soldiers, street thugs, mutated monsters, and all other sorts of baddies will swarm the screen to stop your quest, but luckily players will be able to use all manners of punches, kicks, and the famous Hadouken attack to clean up the streets. A second player can team up in split-screen co-op (playing as Ken) for dual enemy-blasting action. The martial artists can also collect powerups and tokens for health and special attacks.

Continuing the evolution of the Streeet Fighter® series, Streeet Fighter® IV will showcase a deep and engaging storyline, conveyed through cinematic cutscenes with full voice acting. The game will also feature breathtaking 3-D graphics and sound, creating a Streeet Fighter® game like no other.

This is becoming a habit of yours :lol

nofi

It's still not spelt right.

It was not funny the first time, and is even less so now...
You are trying too hard.

Mdk7

Defuser said:
If it's 3D,it would call Street Fighter EX 4 by now....
MAYBE it's not even a fighting game. And of course it has nothing in common with Street Fighter EX. :lol

Do not want.

shoplifter

Hcoregamer00 said:
No the big concern should be that the property is owned by Capcom USA which means the game will likely be developed by an American Studio.

I don't think there's any reason to assume this. One would hope that they realize that if they put it in the hands of a bad team they're essentially killing the franchise.

Hopefully they're farming SF4 out to a competent fighting game developer...

Arc System Works? No.
SNK/Playmore? Heck no.
Sega? wtf?
Namco? Yes please.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Dascu said:
Guys, what are we getting excited about?

No Breath of Fire :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, its over? I thought that was just todays announcments :(

Kyoufu

Dear Capcom: Lost Planet actually sucked. Just because a million 360 owners bought it to farm it's achievements before dumping it doesn't mean we will do the same. DO NOT WANT! ARGH

I would've preferred Dead Rising, or Monster Hunter Frontier from PC. Goddamnit.

Dirtbag

Street Fighter 4
Development has just begun and the release of the game is more than a year away. No platforms are yet confirmed - a highly stylised animated concept trailer of Ryu and Ken fighting was shown, but no game footage.

1479377916_d360b99175_o.gif

zsidane

Defuser said:
He was actually saying what kind of Arcade hardware capcom will use for SF4. So aqr the most likely if it does happen would be Taito Type X2
They better fucking make it happen! And first!!

Linkhero1

Come on Crushed you know better than that :lol

camineet

Banned

stop tainting this thread with hoax.

the existance of Street Fighter 4 is still very much in doubt in the minds of most gamers, even if it is for real. it's fragile. get this wrecking ball away from it

stop it, stop it.

Jirotrom

:lol :lol :lol

Dirtbag 504 said:
Dirtbag pwned.

Aggelos

Opus Angelorum said:
Indeed, Lost Planet will not sell very well for the PS3.

Oh, Really?
I believe that its a good idea for the PS3 owners to kick about, 'til Biohazard 5 gets released on PS3.....
I hope they add more shit in the PS3 version.

Truly, I wasn't expecting LP PS3 version, but I like it....:D

spoon!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hopefully they're farming SF4 out to a competent fighting game developer...

Arc System Works? No.
SNK/Playmore? Heck no.
Sega? wtf?
Namco? Yes please.

It may as well be written in stone that the game would be 3d if that were the case.

3rd strike team ASSEMBLE

Har har.

Belgorim

My god... why the hell to some people get stuck on the fucking sticker with "only on 360"?

How long of an exclusive do you think it should be to warrant such a sticker?

I mean... can a snes game have "only on snes" and still exist on VC or XBLA? or is that just wrong?

Kyoufu said:
Dear Capcom: Lost Planet actually sucked. Just because a million 360 owners bought it to farm it's achievements before dumping it doesn't mean we will do the same. DO NOT WANT! ARGH

Are you kidding? The achievements in LP are an ass and a half to get. Might as well farm the achievements for Chromehounds or Ridge Racer 6 while you're at it.

Dabanton

cedric69 said:
WTF at Dead Rising 2 absence... :(

That's the more intriguing question.

I mean MS would have a hell of a lot of leeway with Capcom in regards to it. I mean they did have two million plus selling games on the 360...

Something like RE5 exclusivity would be out of the question for Capcom but DR.

Did it even come out for PC at all?

That should tell us a bit about their plans with that franchise...

TONX said:
Street Fighter 2 - Released 1991

Street Fighter 3 - Released 1997

Street Fighter 4 - Release date 2008 (assuming)

Wow at the gaps between games. Imagine waiting for any other sequel for that long.

115881_9.jpg

On topic... meh. Never been a massive SF fan.

Jirotrom

spoon! said:
It may as well be written in stone that the game would be 3d if that were the case.

3rd strike team ASSEMBLE
i would just like to point out yet again... Capcom USA owns street fighter, so until I get confirmation that some other folks ( an all japanese team) is making it, and also that there will be an arcade release, I'm not getting excited.

I don't care what the ethnicity or nationality is of the team doing SF IV. I also would actually prefer 3D flattened to sprites since there are lots of interesting graphics effects that could really enhance and next-gen-ify the new SF. Also, I don't want the spaghetti animation of SF III. I want more restrained movement, closer to Garou MotW. I am a blasphemer, I know.

meh, that really sucks balls (at least for a PS3 owner like me) :(
a port of an mediocre 360 game aka lost planet(do you really expect someone to buy this, CAPCOM??? jeebus, if it would have been DR, ok. but LP?? see, it'll take me a while to get ovber this)
then we have 10millonth sequel of a street fighter game (likely to appear on the DS, the PSP and/or the wii), and erm...dark void.
must admit, that i've seen times where capcom ip's vowed me slightly more :D
i'm so glad that there's still RE5 in the pipeline

[Nintex]

bune duggy said:
This is coming for DS next year though.:D

Also when was the Lost Planet Hate force founded?
It's not as good as Resident Evil 4 or Devil May Cry 3. But still it's a good game with some awesome levels, aliens and features.

zsidane

FUCK you dude! I had a heart attack!

Kyoufu

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Are you kidding? The achievements in LP are an ass and a half to get.

Yes I'm kidding. But the point was, its going to bomb on PS3. The game is a year old and anyone who wanted to play it has already played it on 360.

What they should've done was canned this port and just made LP2 multiplatform, similar to what happened with Saints Row.

Or better yet, release this as a budget price game or something. Paying full price will suck.

Tenbatsu

Jirotrom said:
i would just like to point out yet again... Capcom USA owns street fighter, so until I get confirmation that some other folks ( an all japanese team) is making it, and also that there will be an arcade release, I'm not getting excited.

Yes me too. Japanese team are the only people in the world that knows how to do a proper Street Fighter.

Mamesj

Banned
Dabanton said:
That's the more intriguing question.

I mean MS would have a hell of a lot of leeway with Capcom in regards to it. I mean they did have two million plus selling games on the 360...

Something like RE5 exclusivity would be out of the question for Capcom but DR.

Did it even come out for PC at all?

That should tell us a bit about their plans with that franchise...

I might be wrong, but wasn't LP the first game to be developed on that engine that has half the game developed on PC, then the last half on PS3 and 360?

Maybe DR was completely on a 360 dev kit.

Jirotrom

MightyHedgehog said:
I don't care what the ethnicity or nationality is of the team doing SF IV. I also would actually prefer 3D flattened to sprites since there are lots of interesting graphics effects that could really enhance and next-gen-ify the new SF. Also, I don't want the spaghetti animation of SF III. I want more restrained movement, closer to Garou MotW. I am a blasphemer, I know.
no you aren't... MOTW was a fantastic game, and I often prefer it to 3rd strike at times. I'm not trying to be racist, I would just rather have the better track record developing it.

FrequentlyNasty said:
meh, that really sucks balls (at least for a PS3 owner like me) :(
a port of an mediocre 360 game aka lost planet(do you really expect someone to buy this, CAPCOM??? jeebus, if it would have been DR, ok. but LP?? see, it'll take me a while to get ovber this)
then we have 10millonth sequel of a street fighter game (likely to appear on the DS, the PSP and/or the wii), and erm...dark void.
must admit, that i've seen times where capcom ip's vowed me slightly more :D
i'm so glad that there's still RE5 in the pipeline
So what makes LP mediocre, reading gaf or have you played it?

twinturbo2 said:
If SF4 comes out for the 360 with Live multiplayer, I'll hug my VF5 joystick. :D
Thinking about it, now might be the best time to buy a stick before they all sell out or go up in price.

bud

?rushed said:

. . .

Top Bottom