• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡¡¡¡¡ Street Fighter 4 announced !!!!! (and Dark Void, and Lost Planet PS3, and more)

Mamesj

Banned
Not getting hyped until I hear details about SFIV.

There are too many things that could go wrong with this game.

--Capcom USA could make it (no one in the US has ever made a good competitive fighting game...unless you count UMK3)

--might be 3D

--might somehow stray from pure 1 on 1 fighting, with an added SF:Streetwise mode in an attempt to gain wide appeal in the US with some bullshit "gritty" (read: corny) story

--might not come within 1000 miles of the perfection that is 3rd Strike. yes, 3rd Strike is perfect.

nonetheless, I'm glad it has been announced.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Street Fighter 2 - Released 1991

Street Fighter 3 - Released 1997

Street Fighter 4 - Release date 2008 (assuming)

Wow at the gaps between games. Imagine waiting for any other sequel for that long.

Defuser

MightyHedgehog said:
Is there some sort of technical issue that prevents DR on PS3 or is this the one of that MS has dibs on?
More like MS has dibs and Capcom have no reason to port it after selling over a million copies.

wazoo

Lost planet ps3

I guess it will not worth its IGN Editor Choice for the X360 fans anymore and it will be the proof of the imminent death of the X360 ("MS lost one exclusivity ....") for ps3 fans

Hmm, I would have prefered a new game...DR wouldn't have been any better, since that looks pretty boring to me...state of emergency stylee

Jtrizzy

Has the remix been announced for PS3 or just for XBL?

edit: nm--I was going to be pissed if this was only on XBL...

theBishop said:
Definitely. If Capcom is charging $60 for it, the joke is definitely not on Xbox owners.
The maps are free now on live but all 3 map packs were around 1200 points total, then even if you buy the game at half price you are basicly paying near full for the full package.

Anyway i'm sure the ps3 version will have slight updates and twists to the engine, they had nearly a whole year to get it on the ps3 and theres probably better shaders and the pc style snow that actually deforms when shot unlike the 360 snow.

wazoo

Defuser said:
More like MS has dibs and Capcom have no reason to port it after selling over a million copies.

More that they have one team to port both games and they will do it one after the other

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
TONX said:

Wow at the gaps between games. Imagine waiting for any other sequel for that long.

3 was well worth the wait, so Dont fail me 4

Huh , the lack of Dead Rising for PS3 is odd. You would think Capcom knows that title is the more "wanted" of the two. Is it possible that MS has some sort of exclusive hold on DR ?

Sqorgar

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
And please folks try not to get too hyped up for Lost Planet. Yes the main character is good looking and the ice looks really cold but it's not even in the same galaxy as the great Capcom games.
I couldn't disagree more. While I actually haven't played the single player portion at all, the multiplayer component is just brilliant - and since Microsoft has screwed me out of eight months of paid Xbox Live and I've vowed never to fall for their crap again, I for one, welcome the new PS3 iteration with the free online... and with all the extra content (and more) as well.

(It seems odd that I would pay $60 to play a game online rather than $50 to play a bunch of games online, but if you've ever dealt with MS's phone support staff, you'd understand.)

Nolan.

Finally more people can get to see just how overrated LP is and I can't wait to see what they do with SF IV for once Capcom actually delivers with a ''Megaton''...i'm surprised.

Mamesj

Banned
TONX said:

you're leaving out the upgrades...those are just as important, if not more important than full sequels.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Need more information before I can get excited over Street Fighter 4. Who is developing? 2D or 3D? Arcade or straight to consoles? Online? Etc.

Defuser said:
Both games have made their money back and some money on top on X360...with both at 1.something million copies each sold to date just on X360. I just remember reading something a while back about MS having dibs on one of the two games as pretty much exclusive.

Azrael

OokieSpookie said:
Street Fight IV is great news , I would rather both companies ponied up cross platform play instead of exclusivity but we know that will never happen.

I don't think Sony has any problem with cross platform play, it's Microsoft. Of course, it's smart business, since if you could play against XBox Live players over PSN, there would be less incentive to choose a 360 over a PS3. In the one case that cross platform play was to Microsoft's benefit instead of Sony, Final Fantasy XI, it happened.

I'm guessing this is the real reason the PS3 version of UT3 doesn't support cross platform play with the PC as well, since if the 360 version supports cross platform play, 360 and PS3 players would have to be able to play against each other to support it on the PS3.

zallaaa

quite excited for Apollo and Dark Void, a bit less for Street IV with a bit of added fear of Capcom fucking it up.... I really hope they'll do justice to the franchise

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Diablohead said:
Anyway i'm sure the ps3 version will have slight updates and twists to the engine, they had nearly a whole year to get it on the ps3 and theres probably better shaders and the pc style snow that actually deforms when shot unlike the 360 snow.

They better, a simple port would not cut it at all.

Also Hurray at the USA release for Ace Attorney 4.

Rolf NB

open_mouth_ said:
is it ok to like Lost Planet now?
That's a too simple question. The answer depends on what you thought of it before.

The safe thing to do is to flip your opinion on Lost Planet by 180 degrees.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
PhatSaqs said:
AFAIK this is only the second time since XB1. Enlighten?

Wasnt there a rumor that MS helped foot the $20 million marketing bill for the game as well? Double :lol :lol

Do you mean only on Xbox platforms or in general?

cause it happend with RE4, happend with Tales of Symphina, now LP, just off the top of my head

tehbear

MightyHedgehog said:
Both games have made their money back and some money on top on X360...with both at 1.something million copies each sold to date just on X360. I just remember reading something a while back about MS having dibs on one of the two games as pretty much exclusive.

It silly to port it now anyways, people have moved unto other games so the sales are going to be meh compared to the original 360 figures. No more LP talk though I agree. It's minor news compared to what else is there!

PhatSaqs

Banned
John Harker said:
Do you mean only on Xbox platforms or in general?

cause it happend with RE4, happend with Tales of Symphina, now LP, just off the top of my head
Yeah. I'm talkin strictly XB plats.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heres a question, would you be excited about ST IV if Capcom USA was behind it and the guys at Udon were handling all the art, from graphics to character designs?

I personally wouldn't, but I'm curious how many people would be (my guess is "a lot")

GeoramA

Glad that LP PS3 is coming with all the extra content. I'd still rather have a straight port of Dead Rising though.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
SF4Bash.jpg

Sqorgar said:
I couldn't disagree more. While I actually haven't played the single player portion at all, the multiplayer component is just brilliant

Whoa definitely can't agree with that. Most of the multiplayer maps suffer from lousy balance issues(like one side will have a big advantage over the other due to weapon placement, location, etc). Online it's typically either a roll-fest, snipers, or people just shoot you with rockets all day. Sometimes it's fun...but why settle for some when you deserve all?

I rented Rainbow 6 Vegas after LP and it was like coming out of a foggy forest to see the sun shining. And that goes for both the SP and MP modes.

Top Bottom