• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡¡¡¡¡ Street Fighter 4 announced !!!!! (and Dark Void, and Lost Planet PS3, and more)

theBishop

Banned
Diablohead said:
The maps are free now on live but all 3 map packs were around 1200 points total, then even if you buy the game at half price you are basicly paying near full for the full package.

Anyway i'm sure the ps3 version will have slight updates and twists to the engine, they had nearly a whole year to get it on the ps3 and theres probably better shaders and the pc style snow that actually deforms when shot unlike the 360 snow.

whatever. I didn't want to pay full-price for this game when it was new. i'm certainly not paying full price a year later.

Maybe its because SF4 and Lost Planet related things made up the bulk of the guesses in the Capcom countdown thread, but I'm actually kinda disappointed :/

Dark Void is new I suppose. Is there anywhere where we can see and find out more or do we have to wait?

Mamesj

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Heres a question, would you be excited about ST IV if Capcom USA was behind it and the guys at Udon were handling all the art, from graphics to character designs?

I personally wouldn't, but I'm curious how many people would be (my guess is "a lot")

not in the least. well, maybe a little, but in that "watching a train wreck" way

MisterHero

camineet said:
hah, what arcade hardware ?
In Japan, I'm guessing.

If this game is 2D, Capcom may be taking a huge gamble with the time and money for such a big leap (if it truly is a new SF). This will have to sell considerably better than Virtua Fighter 5.

Raistlin

Out of the Capcom 360 releases, I'd of rather seen Dead Rising take the PS3 plunge. Oh well.

SF4 announcement is great ... though its lame no gameplay is showable. Why bother announcing it at this point?

Dark Void sounds cool.

Lost Planet never really interested me but I’ve read that it is good and that’s a nice “ultimate edition” of it so I may check it out.

kammy

Banned
lion-o3.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Tenbatsu said:
Dunno who is making SF4 but if its release for home console before arcade then its a bit....erm...

No the big concern should be that the property is owned by Capcom USA which means the game will likely be developed by an American Studio.

Xapati

"Dark Void
A new sci-fi action-adventure IP. Trailer showed third-person and air-vehicle gameplay with a character wearing a steam punk jetpack, skydiving and landing in the cockpit of a gyroscopic aircraft, and then jumping and climbing through airbase fortesses."

This sounds cool :D

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Azrael said:
I'm guessing this is the real reason the PS3 version of UT3 doesn't support cross platform play with the PC as well, since if the 360 version supports cross platform play, 360 and PS3 players would have to be able to play against each other to support it on the PS3.

UT3 will never be cross platform between the PC and 360 unless MS does a U-turn on M+KB support. Shadowrun is one thing (and look how that did on PC) but UT is all about twitch shooting.

And GFW Live is dead in the water, Steam killed it.

Defuser

MisterHero said:
In Japan, I'm guessing.

If this game is 2D, Capcom may be taking a huge gamble with the time and money for such a big leap (if it truly is a new SF). This will have to sell considerably better than Virtua Fighter 5.
He was actually saying what kind of Arcade hardware capcom will use for SF4. So aqr the most likely if it does happen would be Taito Type X2

dionysus

Yaldog
Don't get too hyped for LP, it really is the definition of a average game. Its fun for some, but so are alot of other games out there. I was hoping for the definitive version of Dead Rising to be announced for the PS3.

Not into fighters, so I guess I will have to hope Dark Void is for HD consoles and is the second coming of Christ for games.

Raistlin

Azrael said:
A port of Dead Rising would have been better (although maybe that's in the works too). But it's good to see more people are willing to fess up to Lost Planet's mediocrity now =P. It wasn't that long ago that people were claiming it was better than Resistance.

Ya 'rly :lol

So shocking that it was the second coming while 360 exclusive ... and now that its getting ported, the truth is out :p

camineet

Banned
milliseconds after a nuclear detonation....

Minor_Scale_test_explosion.jpg

a rare look at fraction of a moment after a MEGATON has been exploded.

OMFG Street Fighter 4

kammy

Banned
TONX said:
Street Fighter 2 - Released 1991

Street Fighter 3 - Released 1997

Street Fighter 4 - Release date 2008 (assuming)

Wow at the gaps between games. Imagine waiting for any other sequel for that long.

u serious lol

Tenbatsu

Hcoregamer00 said:
No the big concern should be that the property is owned by Capcom USA which means the game will likely be developed by an American Studio.

Sigh, this is also part of my worries. I hope the old staffs are also working on this if not I really dunno what to say. Hope those SF3 fans out there that are still taking part in the annual tournament will be happy with the final build of the game.

camineet

Banned
Capcom Announces Street Fighter 4 and More!

Mark this year as one of the most momentous years for gaming. It's announcements like this one that keep making this job so worthy and awesome. After much anticipation and hype, Capcom finally delivers with their promises of bombshells.

Street Fighter 4 was officially confirmed at their press event in London just a few hours ago. A concept trailer was shown depicting the series' two most recognizable fighters exchanging some moves.

The current release date scheduled is more than a year away, which hopefully means we'll see it in time for the 2008 holiday season.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2004.html

Mamesj

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:

I was going to mention something about this, but I thought I was just mis-remembering things. Is that true?

cause if so...well, 3rd Strike is still a perfect game, so it's not a huge loss :D

Madman

Lost Planet? Uhhh, that game was meh. The single player of the game wasn't good at all, and the multi did little to make up for it. The grapple hook was cool, the mechs were ok, but they were seriously underpowered, the main character walked like an old man, and the game gets old fast. It being scheduled for a 2008 release does little to help the situation. If I only owned a PS3, I would be pretty dissappointed at Capcom. A nearly year old port(by release, a year old port) of a mediocre game isn't exactly what I would call great news.

Dead Rising would have been the better choice, despite it's flaws.

Nolan.

Onix said:
Out of the Capcom 360 releases, I'd of rather seen Dead Rising take the PS3 plunge. Oh well.

SF4 announcement is great ... though its lame no gameplay is showable. Why bother announcing it at this point?

A fixed DR would have been better yea I agree I guess they probably (assuming it's true news) figured more people were interested in LP seeing as a lot of people made a fuss at the time.

Aggelos

Xapati said:
"Dark Void
A new sci-fi action-adventure IP. Trailer showed third-person and air-vehicle gameplay with a character wearing a steam punk jetpack, skydiving and landing in the cockpit of a gyroscopic aircraft, and then jumping and climbing through airbase fortesses."

This sounds cool :D

Because it sounds cool doesn't necessarily mean that it would look cool as well......

spoon!

ethelred said:
This is going to be 3D and made by westerners.

Why would they release an animated teaser for a game that's 3d? Who could possibly be that cruel to do something like that.

MisterHero

Defuser said:
He was actually saying what kind of Arcade hardware capcom will use for SF4. So aqr the most likely if it does happen would be Taito Type X2
Ah, I see.

Is there a likelihood of a CPS4 board or is Capcom not doing hardware themselves anymore?

Mdk7

watch out... Street Fighter 4 may just NOT be what everybody thinks it is. ;)
Who knows, MAYBE it won't even be 2d... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom