• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Tenet” - 2020, new Christopher Nolan film

brenobnfm

You seem like a dick nice.

Can't stand the lazy criticism from people who didn't get the easily digestible experience they wanted and wanna shit on the film because of it, there are lot of blockbusters to fill that void, Endgame even has time travel.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Can't stand the lazy criticism from people who didn't get the easily digestible experience they wanted and wanna shit on the film because of it, they are lot of blockbusters to fill that void, Endgame even has time travel.

From someone who obviously wants to come across as SUPER SMART AND CLEVER - your spelling and grammar are atrocious (y)

brenobnfm

From someone who obviously wants to come across as SUPER SMART AND CLEVER - your spelling and grammar are atrocious (y)

Apart from the occasional misspelling i'm sure my point is very clear, but what's funny is that even a non-native English speaker can understand the movie perfectly :messenger_winking:

Anyway, let's speak in Portuguese to see how great are your spelling and grammar, just send me a DM. Otherwise, get lost.

This is really the first Nolan movie where he’s allowed his high concept to strangle the film’s narrative.

Before, he’s walked a decent line between espousing complex scientific theory or deconstructing narrative, and telling an emotionally satisfying story... but with Tenet he’s lost that balance. Goes too far one way, leaving us with a film that’s confusing for most people and has about as much empathy as a brick.

I very much enjoyed it on a technical level, and for the way it tries to tackle the second law of thermodynamics in an engaging manner, but it’s easily one of his worst stories.

Hard disagree, second viewing really brought the characters/emotion home for me, not Interstellar level but above Inception for me, actually was a little teary-eyed at the end. I don't care what most people find confusing, it's not important.

Wrong as fuck, most of his movies before weren't balanced, they were straight up shallow with nice visual effects. This is the first movie of this kind where he didn't dumb down for the average moviegoer, a lot of the great movies in cinema history aren't accessible for a lot of people, it is what it is and i hope this is a new era for him and we haven't seen his best yet.

I wouldn't call any of his films shallow and they rarely had nice VFX, the star of Nolan films is all practical stuff and stunts, VFX refers to stuff done in post on computers and very little of Nolan's films are done that way, TENET particularly so. I also don't think it's any more or less dumbed down than any of his other films, I just think it's more confusing for some people than his others because the concepts are hard to wrap our heads around.

Can't stand the lazy criticism from people who didn't get the easily digestible experience they wanted and wanna shit on the film because of it, they are lot of blockbusters to fill that void, Endgame even has time travel.

It is the state of our world today that Endgame is a celebrated film while TENET is too much for people, it's not how the blockbuster once was and it's a shame to see it happen. TENET could have been the biggest film in the '70s when films were made for adults. Just look back in time, a film like Bullitt is more confusing and obtuse than a film about time travel like Endgame because they expected you to keep up.

This is bottom of the barrel crap on a forum that has users across the globe. There's no missing what meaning he's conveying.

FunkMiller

This is bottom of the barrel crap on a forum that has users across the globe. There's no missing what meaning he's conveying.

If some dickhead’s going to start calling other people thick simply because they didn’t like the narrative of a big budget sci fi movie, I’m going to call that patronising shit out whatever their native language, chief 👍

brenobnfm

I wouldn't call any of his films shallow and they rarely had nice VFX, the star of Nolan films is all practical stuff and stunts, VFX refers to stuff done in post on computers and very little of Nolan's films are done that way, TENET particularly so. I also don't think it's any more or less dumbed down than any of his other films, I just think it's more confusing for some people than his others because the concepts are hard to wrap our heads around.

I mean, they were more complex then your average blockbuster, but compared to a Lynch movie they're child's play and i like them apart from Inception. I never really needed to think too hard to know what happened in Memento, Prestige, Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk, so Tenet is a first in this sense because you probably need to watch twice to connect all the dots.

And when i said visual effects, i didn't mean computer generated, i know his movies are the flagship for practical effects.

It is the state of our world today that Endgame is a celebrated film while TENET is too much for people, it's not how the blockbuster once was and it's a shame to see it happen. TENET could have been the biggest film in the '70s when films were made for adults. Just look back in time, a film like Bullitt is more confusing and obtuse than a film about time travel like Endgame because they expected you to keep up.

Yeah, when that user said the prior movies were balanced, what he really meant is that they were walking on the fine line between too complex and acceptable for general public, so this time Nolan made a 200M movie and at the same time gave a middle finger for the average moviegoer :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I mean, they were more complex then your average blockbuster, but compared to a Lynch movie they're child's play and i like them apart from Inception. I never really needed to think too hard to know what happened in Memento, Prestige, Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk, so Tenet is a first in this sense because you probably need to watch twice to connect all the dots.

And when i said visual effects, i didn't mean computer generated, i know his movies are the flagship for practical effects.

Yeah, when that user said the prior movies were balanced, what he really meant is that they were walking on the fine line between too complex and acceptable for general public, so this time Nolan made a 200M movie and at the same time gave a middle finger for the average moviegoer :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ah okay, well just so you know visual effects specifically refers to CGI type effects, stuff done in post.

It's hard to tell if TENET could have been popular with average movie-goers without the pandemic, Blade Runner 2049 was similar, really expensive sci-fi film that doesn't care if the casual audience-goer can follow it, it was a slight flop as a result.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I like movies.

Michael Bay is the great he is the Christopher Nolan of good movies. his films go tits close ups of tits explosion. Legs tits. Set pieces. More tits. Fast cuts. Quick edits. Shame the plots are difficult to understand.
I have to think very hard to work out. what happen on the screen can someone explain them to me.

Ok, Thank you.

Last edited:

brenobnfm

Ah okay, well just so you know visual effects specifically refers to CGI type effects, stuff done in post.

It's hard to tell if TENET could have been popular with average movie-goers without the pandemic, Blade Runner 2049 was similar, really expensive sci-fi film that doesn't care if the casual audience-goer can follow it, it was a slight flop as a result.

I said visual effects as a broader term, like "Special Effects (often abbreviated to SFX) refers to on-set visual effects techniques; you could also call them 'practical effects'.", but i know what you meant.

Blade Runner was not nearly as complex as Tenet and didn't have the pandemic as an obstacle, so yeah these movies won't get close to the popularity of things like Marvel and we should celebrate they're being made with this kind of budget at all. Let's hope Dune isn't another flop.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Christopher Nolan cannot direct action sequences for shit

Batman and Robin was a better Batman than anything Nolan did in Batman.

Why?... bat nipples. The nipples are a metaphor for Batman’s raging urge for Justice. Hard and firm like Batman. But I digress...

nor can he do sound mixes.

Not like my Boy MCG. Or Zack Snyder.

Charlie’s Angels was a watershed moment in cinematography.

The editing was sublime, such subtle nuances. I’m glad that he chose to hold back. It’s what is between the cuts that catches the eye and inflames the mind and senses.

You simply cannot comprehend the plane from which I view such movies.

The works of art they are. My soul no longer yearns for it has seen perfection.

Also Any one who disagrees with me is dumb and a smelly poo poo head.

Last edited:
I said visual effects as a broader term, like "Special Effects (often abbreviated to SFX) refers to on-set visual effects techniques; you could also call them 'practical effects'.", but i know what you meant.

Blade Runner was not nearly as complex as Tenet and didn't have the pandemic as an obstacle, so yeah these movies won't get close to the popularity of things like Marvel and we should celebrate they're being made with this kind of budget at all. Let's hope Dune isn't another flop.

Blade Runner IS slow, though, it's more about mood and atmosphere and it's weird wasting so much money on what amounts to a big budget indie flick. Especially when you're emulating the feel, style and pace of a film that tanked at the box office and took years to find it's audience. Complexity isn't the only hurdle for general audiences to overcome.

Christopher Nolan cannot direct action sequences for shit nor can he do sound mixes. Not like my Boy MCG. Or Zack Snyder.

I think he's always been good at action stuff, even Batman Begins... know why I say that? Because I think a lot of people didn't "get" what he was going for in Begins, the fights are often hard to follow but purposely so, Batman is a horror villain in the film and his victims are the criminals, an idea hammered home hard by the part where Scarecrow is dosed with his own gas and sees Batman as something truly frightening. If you need proof I'm right that the action choreography/editing was deliberate just look to the tumbler chase scene, it's very well done and not too hard to follow because it had a different goal. I also love his sound mixing but it admit it's sort of made for IMAX and outside IMAX it doesn't have near the same impact. Bay and Synder are pretty masterful with their visuals and do the job they need to with sound design. Bay is actually similar to Nolan in his love for practical effects, even when doing movies about transforming robots he does as much practical as he can, like actually tearing a bus in half. Nolan partially gets away with less CGI than Bay because he usually goes for more grounded spectacle even when the films he's doing are anything but grounded. Inception being a perfect example where some of the biggest visual tricks, like rotating a hallway, were accomplished by actually rotating a giant hallway they constructed. It'd be tougher for Bay to actually make a building split in half, though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Blade Runner IS slow, though, it's more about mood and atmosphere and it's weird wasting so much money on what amounts to a big budget indie flick. Especially when you're emulating the feel, style and pace of a film that tanked at the box office and took years to find it's audience. Complexity isn't the only hurdle for general audiences to overcome.

I think he's always been good at action stuff, even Batman Begins... know why I say that? Because I think a lot of people didn't "get" what he was going for in Begins, the fights are often hard to follow but purposely so, Batman is a horror villain in the film and his victims are the criminals, an idea hammered home hard by the part where Scarecrow is dosed with his own gas and sees Batman as something truly frightening. If you need proof I'm right that the action choreography/editing was deliberate just look to the tumbler chase scene, it's very well done and not too hard to follow because it had a different goal. I also love his sound mixing but it admit it's sort of made for IMAX and outside IMAX it doesn't have near the same impact. Bay and Synder are pretty masterful with their visuals and do the job they need to with sound design. Bay is actually similar to Nolan in his love for practical effects, even when doing movies about transforming robots he does as much practical as he can, like actually tearing a bus in half. Nolan partially gets away with less CGI than Bay because he usually goes for more grounded spectacle even when the films he's doing are anything but grounded. Inception being a perfect example where some of the biggest visual tricks, like rotating a hallway, were accomplished by actually rotating a giant hallway they constructed. It'd be tougher for Bay to actually make a building split in half, though.
Tell that to the guy who slipped on the ice.

Tell that to the guy who slipped on the ice.

Is this about that gif from TDKR where someone seems to fall over for no reason? Without sound you can't hear the gunshot that hits him, in gif form it looks silly because there's no muzzle flash... but that's because Nolan handles guns like they're handled in reality, which means muzzle flash doesn't always occur.

brenobnfm

Sure, it wasn't a dig on Blade Runner, love that movie and even though the lenght is similar to Tenet, the pacing is much slower, i agree.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Is this about that gif from TDKR where someone seems to fall over for no reason? Without sound you can't hear the gunshot that hits him, in gif form it looks silly because there's no muzzle flash... but that's because Nolan handles guns like they're handled in reality, which means muzzle flash doesn't always occur.
Stop making excuses and admit Nolan messed up or maybe he didn’t maybe he did it on purpose because he is so amazing he would have done it for a reason. Something we wouldn’t understand because Nolan is so above everything and we can’t just enjoy movies for the sake of movies everything has to be dissected and debated sometimes it gets on my tits. I sometimes just want to watch a film to escape the shitshow for a while... what happened to escapism and just having a good time? .....and I’m done trolling. Enjoy what you want even if it is spice world. I don’t care. 😀 just enjoy it 👍

Last edited:

brenobnfm

Stop making excuses and admit Nolan messed up or maybe he didn’t maybe he did it on purpose because he is so amazing he would have done it for a reason. Something we wouldn’t understand because Nolan is so above everything and we can’t just enjoy movies for the sake of movies everything has to be dissected and debated sometimes it gets on my tits. I sometimes just want to watch a film to escape the shitshow for a while... what happened to escapism and just having a good time? .....and I’m done trolling. Enjoy what you want even if it is spice world. I don’t care. 😀 just enjoy it 👍

Pretty sure 99% of the movies released nowadays fit your conception of "having a good time", so i have no idea why you're upset with this one, it clearly isn't for you.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Pretty sure 99% of the movies released nowadays fit your conception of "having a good time", so i have no idea why you're upset with this one, it clearly isn't for you.
748468.jpg

let me tell you something.. I play Doom 2016 on a Nintendo, don't talk to me about not having a good time. I'm easily entertained.. I have low expectations. you think you know it all "oh look at me, I studied film at college" you know nothing... I had to rent my movies from blockbuster back in the day... huh, how's that for yer Mr Movie man. yeah that's what I thought! couldn't handle the 90's marital arts movies, you would have a stroke. you wouldn't know how to watch them " ironically" "post-irony" you couldn't handle the repeated sight of Jean-Claude Van Damms muscular buttocks as he did the splits in all his movies.

you can't handle this!!!

FFS they did a watch mojo ahahahhaahahha

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Imagine actually thinking this.

brenobnfm

Imagine actually thinking this.

It's a pretty straight forward movie, it has a plot twist but i honestly can't see how you can get confused with the narrative.

let me tell you something.. I play Doom 2016 on a Nintendo, don't talk to me about not having a good time. I'm easily entertained.. I have low expectations. you think you know it all "oh look at me, I studied film at college" you know nothing... I had to rent my movies from blockbuster back in the day... huh, how's that for yer Mr Movie man. yeah that's what I thought! couldn't handle the 90's marital arts movies, you would have a stroke. you wouldn't know how to watch them " ironically" "post-irony" you couldn't handle the repeated sight of Jean-Claude Van Damms muscular buttocks as he did the splits in all his movies.

Looks like you're having a stroke right now man, take care.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

It's a pretty straight forward movie, it has a plot twist but i honestly can't see how you can get confused with the narrative.

Complicated narrative does not = complex movie.

Tenet is a straight forward, big budget spy thriller that uses a convoluted time travel mechanic. It’s themes are simple. It’s characterisations are one note. It prioritises spectacle over substance. And there’s nothing wrong with any of that. Nolan excels at big budget movie making that appeals to a broad audience, while also tackling storylines and narrative structure that can be challenging. All good stuff.

Blade Runner is a study in human identity and frailty. It’s rich characterisations, deep world building, philosophical questioning and noir storytelling make Tenet look simplistic by comparison. It’s emotionally and psychologically complex... not just a banging spy flick with time travel.

You’re attempting to put forward the idea that people are stupid if they ‘don’t get’ Tenet’s convoluted plot device, but you’re exhibiting a fairly high level of stupidity yourself by not understanding why Blade Runner is much more complex than Tenet as a piece of cinema.

Last edited:
Finally saw the movie. It was good but holy crap the audio was all over the place. There was one particular scene where we rewound it like 10 times trying to decipher what the FUCK was being said lmao.

Also, the lead actor seemed miscast to me. Very bland, and not nearly as good of an actor as his father.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

Tenet is a straight forward, big budget spy thriller that uses a convoluted time travel mechanic. It’s themes are simple. It’s characterisations are one note. It prioritises spectacle over substance. And there’s nothing wrong with any of that. Nolan excels at big budget movie making that appeals to a broad audience, while also tackling storylines and narrative structure that can be challenging. All good stuff.

Blade Runner is a study in human identity and frailty. It’s rich characterisations, deep world building, philosophical questioning and noir storytelling make Tenet look simplistic by comparison. It’s emotionally and psychologically complex... not just a banging spy flick with time travel.

You’re attempting to put forward the idea that people are stupid if they ‘don’t get’ Tenet’s convoluted plot device, but you’re exhibiting a fairly high level of stupidity yourself by not understanding why Blade Runner is much more complex than Tenet as a piece of cinema.
734968ad1abf1f4bbbdc8c8ae252d014.jpg

FunkMiller

Finally saw the movie. It was good but holy crap the audio was all over the place. There was one particular scene where we rewound it like 10 times trying to decipher what the FUCK was being said lmao.

Also, the lead actor seemed miscast to me. Very bland, and not nearly as good of an actor as his father.

I really think swapping Pattinson and Washington’s roles would have worked better. Would have hit that James Bond / Felix Leiter dynamic brilliantly. And would fit too, considering how much of a hard-on Nolan has for doing a Bond movie.

brenobnfm

Blade Runner is a study in human identity and frailty. It’s rich characterisations, deep world building, philosophical questioning and noir storytelling make Tenet look simplistic by comparison.

You’re attempting to put forward the idea that people are stupid if they ‘don’t get’ Tenet’s convoluted plot device, but you’re exhibiting a fairly high level of stupidity by not understanding why Blade Runner is much more complex than Tenet as a pice of cinema.

"Complex" will have different meanings depending on the context, it's pretty clear that i meant the complexity of the narrative, meaning it's harder to follow, and something will always be convoluted if you don't understand, it's easier to say it's spectacle over substance and call it a day. In my opinion, it's his first movie that gets better with every viewing, which wouldn't happen if it didn't have a fucking lot of substance, so unless you bring here the plot holes, your point is just wrong.

I really think swapping Pattinson and Washington’s roles would have worked better. Would have hit that James Bond / Felix Leiter dynamic brilliantly. And would fit too, considering how much of a hard-on Nolan has for doing a Bond movie.

I will agree with you in this one, Pattinson did a better job.

Last edited:

Man, you guys are so bad.

bender

What time is it?
Wrong as fuck, most of his movies before weren't balanced, they were straight up shallow with nice visual effects. This is the first movie of this kind where he didn't dumb down for the average moviegoer, a lot of the great movies in cinema history aren't accessible for a lot of people, it is what it is and i hope this is a new era for him and we haven't seen his best yet.

490.gif

Kenpachii

Problems i had with the movie was.
Giraffe girl
To much talking
to long
Fights look weird
Uninteresting gimmick that really never got worked out well.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I saw it today. I liked it a lot, but I had some issues with it. Time paradox movies both endlessly fascinate me, but also annoy me at the same time because since they're paradoxes, and the implication of realism immediately is tossed out, you essentially do whatever you want with the plot and just explain it away to the paradox.

But I do love Nolan's obsession with time, because it's always fascinated me.

My issues are that none of the characters really interested me all that much. They were all kinda cookie cutter. Also the first half of the movie just kind of happens with very little exposition. They don't establish the characters at all, in any way. It's just like oh, here's these characters that you know nothing about, dropping you into their story in the middle of action with no build-up, and follow them at 100mph through the plot.

For me it left the most critical parts of the story less tense because I didn't really care about any of the characters.

FunkMiller

"Complex" will have different meanings depending on the context, it's pretty clear that i meant the complexity of the narrative, meaning it's harder to follow, and something will always be convoluted if you don't understand, it's easier to say it's spectacle over substance and call it a day. In my opinion, it's his first movie that gets better with every viewing, which wouldn't happen if it didn't have a fucking lot of substance, so unless you bring here the plot holes, your point is just wrong.

You sound like the worst kind of pretentious film studies student.

”Anyone who criticises this movie is dumb”.

longdi

Banned
i dont understand the inversion thing. is it like a vcr? 🤷‍♀️
So they stepped into a turnstile, time inverts and everyone around them runs rewind, until a certain point they wished to be at, they step back into the turnstile to uninvert.
And bam time travel?

Last edited:

Airola

I think he's always been good at action stuff, even Batman Begins... know why I say that? Because I think a lot of people didn't "get" what he was going for in Begins, the fights are often hard to follow but purposely so, Batman is a horror villain in the film and his victims are the criminals, an idea hammered home hard by the part where Scarecrow is dosed with his own gas and sees Batman as something truly frightening. If you need proof I'm right that the action choreography/editing was deliberate just look to the tumbler chase scene, it's very well done and not too hard to follow because it had a different goal.

Horror films where the horror villain is seen attacking in hard to follow quick cuts are also shit.

If that was the intention of Nolan there, then his intention was to mimick the worst damn things in horror and action movies there is.
You can explain quick cutting by whatever, it doesn't remove the fact that it's a terrible idea and awful to watch.

Just because you can explain the reason for something, it doesn't mean that something and the reason for that something was a good thing.

Last edited:
Horror films where the horror villain is seen attacking in hard to follow quick cuts are also shit.

If that was the intention of Nolan there, then his intention was to mimick the worst damn things in horror and action movies there is.
You can explain quick cutting by whatever, it doesn't remove the fact that it's a terrible idea and awful to watch.

Just because you can explain the reason for something, it doesn't mean that something and the reason for that something was a good thing.

My point was more he's always known how to direct action and was making a stylistic choice. Not that there's anything wrong with you disliking that choice. I do believe he's improved at action, though.

Airola

My point was more he's always known how to direct action and was making a stylistic choice. Not that there's anything wrong with you disliking that choice. I do believe he's improved at action, though.

That "stylistic choice" has been the cancer of action films for a long time. That can't be spun into anything positive. Now, if I have something positive about Tenet to say, it's that at the very least the action scenes were better than in those Batman movies, especially in the first.

That said, the only thing I really dislike in those Batman films are the action scenes. I enjoyed them all, and the second one was really good. So yeah I think you are right in saying he has improved at action.

thefool

Nolan delivers spectacle. Find one director in the last 20 years that has anything remotely as impressive as the docking scene on Interstellar, the aerial sequences of Dunkirk, the hallway sequence on Inception or the reverse fight-scene on Tenet. Maybe the Wachowski's, George Miller made 1 film in the last 20 years, Cameron's Avatar is unimpressive action-wise. Not only he can direct action, he's been at the forefront of it.

Last edited:
Nolan delivers spectacle. Find one director in the last 20 years that has anything remotely as impressive as the docking scene on Interstellar, the aerial sequences of Dunkirk, the hallway sequence on Inception or the reverse fight-scene on Tenet. Maybe the Wachowski's, George Miller made 1 film in the last 20 years, Cameron's Avatar is unimpressive action-wise. Not only he can direct action, he's been at the forefront of it.
neidUJO.jpg

Bolivar687

Banned
My problem with older Christopher Nolan movies, especially on rewatches as they age, is that there's always moments where a character explains to the audience the main characters' motivations and interior struggle. Tenet doesn't do that, but it pushes the spectacle even further, while the soundtrack gives the film even more life. The concept and the scripts use of it is also a lot more complicated than Inception and Interstellar. For all those reasons, it's my favorite Nolan movie as of right now.

I'm really not into the complaints about flat or wooden acting. Not every film needs to have characters going out of their way to make you fall in love with them. It reminds me of how people used to criticize DC movies for not being more like Marvel, but I think in 2020, especially after Star Wars, we now realize we actually don't need every single film to feature corny dialogue and witty banter. Even then, I still thought JDW brought a lot of energy to the character and his fights were brutal. Even the way he runs was so intense.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The fight scenes in this movie look terrible. Why are they all backwards?

What is this ? An error with the transfer of the film ? Lame.

I was curious and I don’t mind spoilers I saw a few YouTube clips of the fights but inverted. Yeah I don’t mind spoilers sometimes because I’m strange ?

But more seriously. Some of the close ups of the fight. Don’t add anything to the film. I think Edgar Wright can direct action better than Nolan.

Last edited:
My question is this: If you go through the time stile and invert yourself, what do you see and feel from your perspective?

Do you move like a normal person and see events happening backwards, but you yourself are doing things in a regular forwards fashion? Surely you have to be moving backwards too, for it to make sense

But what does moving backwards feel like to an inverted person? Do they realise their whole life that they're moving backwards, or does that feel like normal reality to them?

Is being inverted even a real human thing, or is just like playing a tape in reverse so only the people in current reality are actually experiencing anything?

I love how many questions this movie poses

Everything that will happen, has happened. Amazing quote

Last edited:

INC

My question is this: If you go through the time stile and invert yourself, what do you see and feel from your perspective?

Do you move like a normal person and see events happening backwards, but you yourself are doing things in a regular forwards fashion? Surely you have to be moving backwards too, for it to make sense

But what does moving backwards feel like to an inverted person? Do they realise their whole life that they're moving backwards, or does that feel like normal reality to them?

Is being inverted even a real human thing, or is just like playing a tape in reverse so only the people in current reality are actually experiencing anything?

I love how many questions this movie poses

Everything that will happen, has happened. Amazing quote

You're not backwards when inverted, but the worlds is, hence you need your own air supply

Trunim

What a shitty movie. Bad dialogue, bad antagonist, bad protagonist, bad damsel in distress, bad use of time travel and just fucking bad overall.

Can't expect too much from someone who did a whole capeshit trilogy though.

SJRB

Gold Member
Dude risking not only his own life but literally the fate of the entire world just to save some lady he met like 10 hours ago is just insanely poor storytelling.

Especially if you don't even bother to give anyone a proper backstory or arch beyond "I LUV MY SON *frowny face*"

Top Bottom