• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

so are you guys ready with the Gifs..?

I know I am..

scHxsyx.gif

GT6 on the Vita is such an awful idea. There are people concerned about the PS3 holding that game back. But the Vita? It's not only handicapped from a performance perspective, but it's also handicapped from a storage perspective.

Sendou

GT6 on the Vita is such an awful idea. There are people concerned about the PS3 holding that game back. But the Vita? It's not only handicapped from a performance perspective, but it's also handicapped from a storage perspective.

Vita is handicapped sales wise. Only thing that can set that right are games that are relevant.

ruttyboy

And a control perspective, unless they let me hook up a steering wheel through the USB! ;-)

Loudninja

This is the first time ever have to disagree with you.

Nothing awful about the idea, PSP had one so why not the Vita?

Vita is handicapped sales wise. Only thing that can set that right is games that are relevant.

And how exactly would porting GT6 to it make it any better? How many people would actually buy that when they can play it on their PS3? And even if its cross-play, how many people would actually pay $200 to by another system that they'll occasionally use? Very few at most. There's simply no upside from a GT fan perspective for GT6 to be on both platforms. PS3 and PS4? Sure, because there would obviously be an opportunity to improve the PS3 version if it were also on the PS4. But there's no positive for a Vita version. It would literally just be PD wasting their resources.

Sendou

And how exactly would porting GT6 to it make it any better? How many people would actually buy that when they can play it on their PS3? And even if its cross-play, how many people would actually pay $200 to by another system that they'll occasionally use? Very few at most. There's simply no upside from a GT fan perspective for GT6 to be on both platforms. PS3 and PS4? Sure, because there would obviously be an opportunity to improve the PS3 version if it were also on the PS4. But there's no positive for a Vita version. It would literally just be PD wasting their resources.

Here's what I would do. Gran Turismo 6, Vita exclusive. Bam.

saladine1

Yeah I think PD have enough on their plate to go and worry about a Vita version.
The full experience can only be appreciated on a dedicated console, TV screen and wheel setup anyway.

Days are edging ever so closer for the GT6 announcement.
Faith. Hope.

I don't think you release GT6 only on Vita. That's insanity, and I love my Vita. But I think we will see a GT game on Vita. Whether that is a port of 5 or 6 remains to be seen. Unfortunately, I think PS4 may be out of the picture for the foreseeable future.

Sendou

I don't think you release GT6 only on Vita. That's insanity, and I love my Vita. But I think we will see a GT game on Vita. Whether that is a port of 5 or 6 remains to be seen. Unfortunately, I think PS4 may be out of the picture for the foreseeable future.

It's what Sony would do if they were serious about Vita. There's always time for Gran Turismo 7 on PS4 in the future.

Loudninja

It's what Sony would do if they were serious about Vita. There's always time for Gran Turismo 7 on PS4 in the future.
No this is will never be a good idea.

Having a major console franchise only on handled is not being series its being stupid.

All that would do is potentially damage the brand name of the franchise. You don't take the most popular sim racer and then make it exclusive to a platform that has no wheel support, no ability to play on a TV etc. There are people that have spent thousands of dollars creating cockpits to play GT games. They don't want to play those games on some tiny screen.

Sendou

All that would do is potentially damage the brand name of the franchise. You don't take the most popular sim racer and then make it exclusive to a platform that has no wheel support, no ability to play on a TV etc. There are people that have spent thousands of dollars creating cockpits to play GT games. They don't want to play those games on some tiny screen.

They already released it on PSP. Was it any better? Or is this about the use of 6? Because I don't see how it would tarnish the IP. It would better work for Sony to show that maybe they aren't fucking around anymore when it comes to bringing their IP's to Vita.

If anything I can't see how bringing one to PS3 at this point of its life cycle would bring anything significant to the series.

Hanmik

not exclusive.. but a game on both PS3 and Vita.. YOBO..

Hanmik

If all Sony is planning for Vita is more of that shit then they might as well discontinue it and focus on PS4.

why..? I would really enjoy playing on my PS3 at home, and then take the game with me on my Vita whenever I am on the road..

Sendou

why..? I would really enjoy playing on my PS3 at home, and then take the game with me on my Vita whenever I am on the road..

Because without some significant exclusives it will die out and fast. I'm not saying that can't be there too but it won't carry Vita very far.

Hanmik

Because without some significant exclusives it will die out and fast. I'm not saying that can't be there too but it won't carry Vita very far.

so you would rather see Gran Turismo seriously crippled than a game on both PS3 & Vita..?

They already released it on PSP. Was it any better? Or is this about the use of 6? Because I don't see how it would tarnish the IP. It would better work for Sony to show that maybe they aren't fucking around anymore when it comes to bringing their IP's to Vita.

If anything I can't see how bringing one to PS3 at this point of its life cycle would bring anything significant to the series.

GT PSP was a spinoff. A number is actually quite important. Notice that Konami wouldn't allow Kojima to use the number 5 (or V as it's turned out to be) for Peace Walker? That's because the number is important. It signifies to next major step for the series. And that was reserved for its next console entry.

not exclusive.. but a game on both PS3 and Vita.. YOBO..

Which would potentially hold GT6 back because of all of the Vita's limitations.

SmokyDave

Yeah I know.

Whining about the possibility it ever being on the Vita seems silly to me.
....come again?

It's hardly out of the realms of possibility to see Sony's largest franchise appear on their handheld. In fact, it's 'silly' that it hasn't been announced already.

Angst

Who cares? If I could do what Hanmik said I wouldn't really care what happened to the Vita as I'd still be happy playing games,

Sendou

GT PSP was a spinoff. A number is actually quite important. Notice that Konami wouldn't allow Kojima to use the number 5 (or V as it's turned out to be) for Peace Walker? That's because the number is important. It signifies to next major step for the series. And that was reserved for its next console entry.

It's all psychological and still I'm not convinced that Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 would be a "next major step" by any standards.

Who cares? If I could do what Hanmik said I wouldn't really care what happened to the Vita as I'd still be happy playing games,

You'll care after they stop doing these ports because of commercial failure (the ports don't just come out of a magic box, they actually need to be made)

I wouldn't rule out a cross-buy GT6 for Vita and PS3.

Devs keep saying how easy it is to port PS3 games to Vita. So I imagine it wouldn't be a huge task for it to appear on both.

It's all psychological and still I'm not convinced that Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 would be a "next major step" by any standards.

It'd certainly be a bigger step than the Vita could allow. A Vita only GT6 would mean that the series would go backwards due to its limitations. The controls alone would be instantly inferior because there'd be no wheel support. So right away you've got a major negative because controls are the most important aspect of a racing game.

But that's not even a possibility. We know that it's on the PS3 because the SVP of SCEWWS confirmed and Sony wouldn't deny it. Plus we've seen multiple retailer listing and none of them have been for the Vita. It's all PS3 and two PS3/PS4 listings.

Sendou

It'd certainly be a bigger step than the Vita could allow. A Vita only GT6 would mean that the series would go backwards due to its limitations. The controls alone would be instantly inferior because there'd be no wheel support. So right away you've got a major negative because controls are the most important aspect of a racing game.

But that's not even a possibility. We know that it's on the PS3 because the SVP of SCEWWS confirmed and Sony wouldn't deny it. Plus we've seen multiple retailer listing and none of them have been for the Vita. It's all PS3 and two PS3/PS4 listings.

So PS3 it is then? Maybe they should call it Gran Turismo 5.5 then. And Vita version could be Gran Turismo -6

I wouldn't rule out a cross-buy GT6 for Vita and PS3.

Devs keep saying how easy it is to port PS3 games to Vita. So I imagine it wouldn't be a huge task for it to appear on both.

I'd love to see GT6 on PS4 around launch, but a PS3/Vita cross-buy/play GT6 would ease the pain, I'd even consider buying it day1. But PS3 only and I'd maybe skip it or buy it for cheap later.

Putty

15.5 Announce GT6 on PS4 with bare minimum details, full blowout @ E3 , demo available at PS4 launch, full game released fall 2014. Uses 2 Vita's as wing mirror's.

The GTAcademy Facebook account just asked what everyones favorite GT track is, and it seems like the Ring is taking up 95% of the comments. But I was pleasantly surprised to see a few Red Rock Valley mentions.

PDetails.

GT1,GT2 and GT3 logos are parts of the car: tire/engine/brand logo of car maker.

In both GT4 and GT5 covers, the main focus is in the car: a Ford and a Mercedes.

So... will GT6 follow this trend? Possibly a car in the cover? I suspect it. Given that they (not) showed a car in the invite to 15/05...

Edit: My prediction is that they will show the cover of GT6, with a car with something open on it... (hood/doors/trunk) and a new texture to GT logo (since GT5 has iOS glossy style logo, GT6 will be flatten, monochrome, like in the invite) :)

Make a Vita game that s just a Bspec Bob spin off that syncs with GT6. In the middle of an endurance race in your PS3/4 version of GT6? Hand it off to Bob by pitting in, saving the game to cloud, fire up Vita and manage your Bob stint of the race on the go. Shitty controls and reduced gfx don't matter now on the portable version since it is just Bspec.

This also allows you to grind money for cars to enjoy on the console version. I did this in GT5 with a Slingbox and Logitech RF to Bluetooth receiver. I played B spec over Internet on my iPhone. The only way Bspec should ever be worth playing, on a mobile device.

Hanmik

Lol, I'd totally forgotten about the original scratch 'n' sniff GT disc. It was supposed to smell of the pit lane, wasn't it?

it was (as far as I remember) a PAL only feature with GT2.. It smelled like burnt rubber and something else..
I remember me and a work colleague sat here at work (we had just bought the game) and smelled the Disc while we read the Manual.. lol..

Spiegel

They are not going to release a cross-everything GT game. It's not technically possible.

GT6 or GT Vita or whatever they would want to call it doesn't have to be the exact GT6 released on PS3. They could be different games (meaning the Vita version gets less content, maybe a few exclusive tracks/cars released later as DLC for PS3) with some cross multiplayer tracks, similar to WipEout HD and 2048.

It's not like downscaling GT5 content or upscaling GT4 content would take much resources from Polyphony, so I can't understand why you are so against GT Vita.

amar212

it was (as far as I remember) a PAL only feature with GT2.. It smelled like burnt rubber and something else..
I remember me and a work colleague sat here at work (we had just bought the game) and smelled the Disc while we read the Manual.. lol..

Yep, it was like that.

Gran Turismo 2 has a wealth of new features under the bonnet, making the depth of gameplay simply immense. And to prove the point, now you can even get the smell of racing! Rub the label of the GT Mode disc gently with your fingertips or a soft cloth for the authentic pit-lane experience. . .

http://www.granturismo2.com/index2_en.html

And that site also cites something that is not widely known - although it will probably stir never-before-held debate again:

Real Engines
In order to enhance the all round feeling of real life cars and accurate driving styles, Gran Turismo 2 features all the real sounds from the best cars in Europe.

The famous Donnington Race Track in the UK opened its doors to more than 100 European cars in an exclusive recording event for PlayStation. Members of the Japanese developer team, Polyphony Digital Inc, spent 3 days recording each and every engine in the game.

The final result is an exhilarating thrill, encompassing each car's unique sound and bombarding your senses. Additional recording took place at both the Lotus and TVR factories (as well as tracks in the US and Japan), completing the all-star line up.

And few rare pics of young Kazunori, also with his original "GT" helmet:

gtteam.jpg

kazanori1.jpg

kazanori2.jpg

kazanori4.jpg

kazanori5.jpg

kazanori3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom