• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

If you guys are still debating the profile of that car, it's clearly a Toyota GT86.

I thought that at first but it doesn't really fit. Taken from GTP

10XXCcj.jpg

Angst

Unfortunately not. I do have the original 720p file. Point me in the direction of a good free file upload site if you want it. :)
No it's ok, I fired up my pc to watch it :) just curious about why it wouldn't play on mobile or ps3.

Mascot

Credit goes to Gtplanet guys but hype if this is true:

6bVCVhR.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish 2013. Would make one heck of a GT cover.

Fuu-uuck..!
The Vanquish was the first car I thought of when I saw the profile - the inset nose gave it away for me. I should have piped up at the time. Oh well, I snoozed and losed.

dubc35

I'm wondering if it's a racing version of the 86, Aston, or maybe something else. The front is suspicious. It looks like there is a splitter sticking out and lower rear could be a large diffuser. However an aggressive splitter and rear diffuser together would seem to invite a large rear spoiler to the party and that isn't the case here.

GT planet guys are more scary than detective-GAF. Sorry to disappoint but its apparently a Nissan.

8ae25ce1f6f14e452e039d9.jpg

Credit to GTplanet guys.

He accepts the front slant fold of the cloth as part of the car, but not the same thing on the back.
And the front fenders appear to be slightly higher than the bonnet, curving down. Might as well be a new Z iteration, but I don't trust his detectiveness!!

I was just browsing WMD portal for some pCARS screens and I stumbled upon this on the #53 Community gallery.

Well, interesting.

Real-life as seen by GT15ANN trailer for reference:

Is Silverstone one the newly modelled tracks on pCars?
What is interesting beside the loosely modelled building with old podium scheme? I'm missing out here. :p

It's a Gen4 Rx-7 or a Gen5 Supra.... at least is should be.

EDIT: GT6 needs to give me the ability to drop a 3 rotor Wankel into an E30 M3.

The cloth for the z35 being exactly the same as the cloth on the invite kinda makes me think that Nissan might unveil the car there or have a trailer for it.

FlyFaster

Dat looks bad.

agreed.

Not the pics they want spreading around.

Not that it matters, Once GT6 and Forza 5 drop, Pcars is going to be a forgotten memory. Not saying it will be bad but it's simply not going to be able to compete with those brands. Maybe it'll sell a million copies and that'll be all she wrote.

My nit picks with GT5 I want fixed in GT6 or a future ps4 GT game are..

Fixed chase camera. At least have both glued chase camera and a more lose one. Just have the option. More gameplay camera views would hurt ether. Hood camera and near / far chase cameras, more dynamic cockpit view etc...

Time of day options for all tracks. If Night racing isnt a option then at least let use pick from dawn to dusk.

Right stick camera moment. If the ps4's triggers dont suck I wouldnt mind the option to move gas and break off the stick and onto the triggers and finally use that stick to move the camera around and admire the sweet modeling PD do.

More varied grass textures. I swear GT5 has maybe 3 grass textures and combined with the default perfect blue sky weather for most tracks it makes them all a very samey look to them.

Mascot

So, is anyone brave enough to guesstimate the total track count in GT6? We've heard it's going to be a LOT, but I can't help my gut feeling that ALL previous GT tracks will be included this time, along with a couple of new ones.

Disclaimer: this is based on nothing more than my churning giblets and a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

So, is anyone brave enough to guesstimate the total track count in GT6? We've heard it's going to be a LOT, but I can't help my gut feeling that ALL previous GT tracks will be included this time, along with a couple of new ones.

Disclaimer: this is based on nothing more than my churning giblets and a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

I think that should cover every track on the planet worth a damn. We're at the point in the industry where all of them should be included in every sim going forward, IMO.

amar212

Million dollars question.

Depends of so many factors it is absolutely unpredictable.

We already heard about Silverstone and Bathurst, there were rumours for Hockenheim and Pikes Peak during GT5 release, Red Bull Ring could also be an easy option, Dubai could happen, PD has enormous database of Japanese circuits through history (Sugo and Okayama never made their appearance in GT games for instance despite being regular JGTC venues), there is rumour about very strong emphasis on US content for GT6 due to need to push the series in the USA so maybe we will see much more new US tracks... and there are at least 20 Gran Turismo Original Courses from previous games that never made its way into HD.

Also, we have no idea in which ways Course Maker can (will?) develop.

We know how PD employed at least 20 modellers/artists since 2010 and some of them probably are working for the course office. I will say 60 locations and 120 tracks. Wishful thinking only but I can't help myself - I do not care about single car anymore, GT5 cars are more then enough for me. I just want tracks. Lots of tracks.

I'd say 60 would be the best case scenario. That would still be more than enough for a lot of replay value.

Here's a car list that GTplanet is keeping track of

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260943

Right now it mostly just includes the winners from various motor shows. They're safe bets to be included in GT6.

Yep, there's a steep learning curve but the precision is incredible. It's the best way to play with a pad since 1997. Are there any heretics here who played using the analogue face buttons? Now THAT shit was ridiculous - hard and silly, like a clown with a flick-knife.

Anyway, seriously: invest in a racing seat and a FFB wheel. You'll never look back and rue the wasted years.

I wish I had room for a race seat, unfortunately I'm in a one bed flat and nowhere to store it. I do use the wheelstandpro though.

ruttyboy

I want know what are sales of GT5 damn...Why PD don't update them?

I imagine that's the sort of thing they will touch on at the event, most likely one of the first powerpoint slides will be a recap of sales of the series so far.

As for the tracks, the way they are portraying this as the culmination of all the GTs so far, I think basically all the track will be there from the whole series, maybe one or two exceptions, plus a couple of new real life tracks.

I want know what are sales of GT5 damn...Why PD don't update them?

They update the sales data for their games once a year, and there's no month in which they decide to post that update. It could come at this Anniversary event and it could be months from now.

velociraptor

Elaborate?

EDIT - Fair enough, don't. But it's true. PCars is the old Shift engine and it still looks like it too (Like crap, when not a bullshot from a super-high spec PC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8rTi0fJG-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JP-cSDk9e8

Looks like Shift 2 (maxed out on a PC). Doesn't look as good as those screenshots. Looks better than GT5 and Forza though.

SLS AMG gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSH8gcWqXoI

Cockpit view is niced and detailed. Real sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom