• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gran Turismo 6 won't come to Vita lol, SSX is getting really worried.

it will most likely be a spin off. I think they will announce GT6 for PS3, GT Vita and GT Prologue for PS4

They are not going to release a cross-everything GT game. It's not technically possible.

GT6 or GT Vita or whatever they would want to call it doesn't have to be the exact GT6 released on PS3. They could be different games (meaning the Vita version gets less content, maybe a few exclusive tracks/cars released later as DLC for PS3) with some cross multiplayer tracks, similar to WipEout HD and 2048.

It's not like downscaling GT5 content or upscaling GT4 content would take much resources from Polyphony, so I can't understand why you are so against GT Vita.

Because I don't see any benefit to doing it. It's not going to help the Vita. If there was one single game that could've helped the Vita it was Monster Hunter, and they lost that. GT isn't going to do anything for it because the roots and popularity of that series are on consoles.

The other problem is that you're talking about taking resources away from a team that already isn't that big. PD are extremely small when you consider how successful their games are. Teams with games that sell like theirs typically have hundreds of employees while PD still has less than 200 (at least that was the case the last time that we heard about a studio count).

I just want them to be able to focus on making console GT's. It's when they're at their best because it's when they have the most power and control options to work with.

BadWolf

A Vita GT, especially a numbered entry, would definitely make it seem like Sony is serious about the system.

I don't get arguments not to put it on there, its one of the biggest IP and could certainly help to move systems.

Spiegel

Because I don't see any benefit to doing it. It's not going to help the Vita. If there was one single game that could've helped the Vita it was Monster Hunter, and they lost that. GT isn't going to do anything for it because the roots and popularity of that series are on consoles.

The other problem is that you're talking about taking resources away from a team that already isn't that big. PD are extremely small when you consider how successful their games are. Teams with games that sell like theirs typically have hundreds of employees while PD still has less than 200 (at least that was the case the last time that we heard about a studio count).

I just want them to be able to focus on making console GT's. It's when they're at their best because it's when they have the most power and control options to work with.

At this point, the bulk of resources on a racing games is wasted mostly on modeling cars and tracks. How many resources do you think a Vita game would use when all these cars have LoD models and they could re-use all the assets from GT4. GT5 and GT6.

The focus on making console GT's argument doesn't cut it for me. Making a companion handheld version shouldn't affect the console version.

Bundle a Vita+GT+4GB for 179€ this Christmas and the system will do good numbers in Europe. Will it sell enough to keep the Vita alive? No, but it's free money for Sony.

We can discuss if Sony should have released another handheld. But the point is that they did release one, and GTVita, as a companion to GT Console, is a low risk/big oportunity option.

Suddenly people are all defensive about GT on Vita, and i don´t know why.

GT on Vita at this point is as stupid as GT6 on PS3, and most people seems fine with that idea.

As for the damaging the brand, this is so true that i would like more a GT5 spec III, because after all, another game on an ancient hardware is just more cars and tracks, plus a new mode or two.

Given the hardware constrains, it makes no sense to produce another version on PS3/Vita.

GT2 was "GT1 with all the content we wanted to put in it" and
GT4 was "GT3 with all the content we wanted to put in it".

That was before updates and patches. GT5 has already a bunch of content.

They can´t push technology forward on PS3, just cars or tracks. So if they are thinking on damaging the brand like this, i wouldn´t be surprised if a GT6 port also comes to the Vita.

The only way to keep the brand strong, to push technology, and to make sense, is to release GT6 early on the PS4 lifecycle.

But as we all know, making sense is something they lack sometimes. PD is known for huge brainfarts.

-----------

With all that aside, i´m still day one for GT6, even if it´s on Sony mobile. It´s just that my love for the series doesn´t stop me from calling out BS when i see it.

Trevelyan

Banned

MH would only help them in Japan, though. At least a GT title on Vita could potentially boost sales in all regions.

amar212

GT on Vita at this point is as stupid as GT6 on PS3, and most people seems fine with that idea.

They can´t push technology forward on PS3, just cars or tracks. So if they are thinking on damaging the brand like this, i wouldn´t be surprised if a GT6 port also comes to the Vita.

The only way to keep the brand strong, to push technology, and to make sense, is to release GT6 early on the PS4 lifecycle.

1. Depends. I will always argue how due to specific ergonomics Vita (as PSP) is just not good enough for playing racing games, especially GT. You can't really have races longer then 10 laps without getting serious problems after one hour of play. And not even to speak about having bump-to-bump races because it is just not working.

They could make some cross-platform game/application that will work between GT game on consoles (PS3/PS4) and Vita in order to use Vita as great side-patform for many functionalities that can be explored either on-the-go or when doing something else at home. For example:

- B Spec mode Cross Play
- B Spec mode Online MP (my Bob vs my friends Bobs in the real-time > still can't comprehend the omission of the real-time B-Spec in GT5 online)
- B Spec mode Remote Racing (as it is in GT5)
- Cross Play Car Tuning (Garage)
- Cross Play GT Auto Maintenance & Refresh
- Photo & Replay sharing
- Replay Theatre
- Augumented Reality PhotoMode (to *insert* GT cars into real-life pictures framed with Vita's AU functionality, would be glorious)
- Item Gifting and Trading
- Chat, Messages, E-mail

...and few advanced functionalities:

- Vita as rear-view mirror
- Vita as in-game real-time HUD with touch-screen scrollable information (speed/revs/gear, map with positions of other drivers in race, telemetry and tyre/vehicle monitoring, real-time lap-times and sectors for all players (as in Bspec/Online of GT5)

..also some other functionalities, like:

- Course Maker cross-option
- Vehicle Creator (yeah, I know..) cross-option

2. We don't know what is the current situation of the GT-engine for the PS3, really. Despite updates, basic code of GT5 is 2009 code of GT5:prologue, enhanced in some areas and downscaled in others. But it is the same code. We don't have an idea about possible improvements they've made in past 24 months in coding and do they maybe have totally new, much more optimized PS3 code which can't be implemented in GT5 for some reason

3. Releasing GT game without having 15M+ consoles on market is not good idea. Used market would seriously hurt the revenues with all those who would jump in the next-gen train later then release and then decided to buy the game used from all those who bought it on launch. Also, Drive Club.

Also, every other damn revenue reason you can think of regarding selling DLC to platform with 75M users and to newly-released platform.

And ALSO, revenue they would lose with selling PS4 game compared to revenue they will make from selling a PS3 game - just incomparable. GT6 for PS3 will sell in 10M+ with no problem, especially if it comes bundled with PS3 console for Holidays with dropped price, once the PS4 pricing is revealed. You can't make up for the gap in such forecasted revenues, no way. It is really a no-brainer.

They are not into hurry with GT on PS4, nor would you be if you were them. They can release some compatible online service or some dedicated PS4 GT-online subscription based game aimed at most demanding players, but for full-release of "big" GT game on PS4 they will wait for a platform to saturate. And be sure that Europe will buy DriveClub in millions, together with PS4.

1.3. Releasing GT game without having 15M+ consoles on market is not good idea. Used market would seriously hurt the revenues with all those who would jump in the next-gen train later then release and then decided to buy the game used from all those who bought it on launch. Also, Drive Club.

Also, every other damn revenue reason you can think of regarding selling DLC to platform with 75M users and to newly-released platform.

And ALSO, revenue they would lose with selling PS4 game compared to revenue they will make from selling a PS3 game - just incomparable. GT6 for PS3 will sell in 10M+ with no problem, especially if it comes bundled with PS3 console for Holidays with dropped price, once the PS4 pricing is revealed. You can't make up for the gap in such forecasted revenues, no way. It is really a no-brainer.

They are not into hurry with GT on PS4, nor would you be if you were them. They can release some compatible online service or some dedicated PS4 GT-online subscription based game aimed at most demanding players, but for full-release of "big" GT game on PS4 they will wait for a platform to saturate. And be sure that Europe will buy DriveClub in millions, together with PS4.

That´s something i don´t get. Gran Turismo should always have the preference over a new IP that Evolution is creating. You don´t mess up the strategy of your biggest IP to acomodate a new, unproven idea.

If it´s just a case of the two going head to head, Driveclub is the one who should be waiting for its time, not the other way around.

I have a hard time seeing GT6 sell 10 million plus on PS3. The transition for next gen will be quicker this time because the only reason why PS1 and PS2 stayed relevant after the release of newer systems is because, well, they were PS1 and PS2, runaway success consoles, which is not the case for the PS3.

The message Sony would be saying for the millions of GT fans is "you don´t need a PS4 in 2014 or 2015, here´s our game for the PS3, enjoy it".

I think GT3 was a huge hit, so i wouldn´t be afraid to release it early in the console lifecycle. November 2014 for a PS4 GT would be the sweet, sweet spot.

I´m still skeptical, but i´m sure you have more details on the upcoming title that make you believe that everything will be just fine. I´m still a bit worried that they are weakening the brand with a PS3 late release.

ruttyboy

2. We don't know what is the current situation of the GT-engine for the PS3, really. Despite updates, basic code of GT5 is 2009 code of GT5:prologue, enhanced in some areas and downscaled in others. But it is the same code. We don't have an idea about possible improvements they've made in past 24 months in coding and do they maybe have totally new, much more optimized PS3 code which can't be implemented in GT5 for some reason

That's something I wonder about. Everyone assumes it will essentially be a content patch, but look how far other games have come graphically in three years and then consider that PD were already ahead of the curve three years ago, who knows where they've got to now.

dubc35

That´s something i don´t get. Gran Turismo should always have the preference over a new IP that Evolution is creating. You don´t mess up the strategy of your biggest IP to acomodate a new, unproven idea.

If it´s just a case of the two going head to head, Driveclub is the one who should be waiting for its time, not the other way around.

I have a hard time seeing GT6 sell 10 million plus on PS3. The transition for next gen will be quicker this time because the only reason why PS1 and PS2 stayed relevant after the release of newer systems is because, well, they were PS1 and PS2, runaway success consoles, which is not the case for the PS3.

The message Sony would be saying for the millions of GT fans is "you don´t need a PS4 in 2014 or 2015, here´s our game for the PS3, enjoy it".

I think GT3 was a huge hit, so i wouldn´t be afraid to release it early in the console lifecycle. November 2014 for a PS4 GT would be the sweet, sweet spot.

I´m still skeptical, but i´m sure you have more details on the upcoming title that make you believe that everything will be just fine. I´m still a bit worried that they are weakening the brand with a PS3 late release.

It was the reason I bought a ps2. In hindsight I should have waited to buy a ps3 until GT5, or at least GT5P, came out. I'm still not sure if I'll ever buy a ps4 but GT6 on it early in its lifecycle would make me think more about it.

Hopefully this is a proper unveiling. I obviously don't expect them to reveal everything since they have three major events coming up (E3, gamescom and TGS) before the games rumored release later this year. But this event would give them the opportunity to address some of the complaints that were leveled against GT5. Things like the GT mode, premium/standard cars (we've heard that they're all premium this time) and customization. And new tracks should be a no-brainer with the rumor about this game having a ton of tracks.

The GT mode is the heart of the series, so I get the feeling that it's likely gone through significant changes. Either something completely new or an overhauled version of the existing formula.

Do they use the X-Bow in GT Academy? I can see this event being centred around GT Academy 2013 and the in-game version of it using the newly created Silverstone complex, followed by 3 minutes on the future of GT, and ending with a trailer.

img_0012pcsyo.jpg

Please Kazzie!

Do they use the X-Bow in GT Academy? I can see this event being centred around GT Academy 2013 and the in-game version of it using the newly created Silverstone complex, followed by 3 minutes on the future of GT, and ending with a trailer.

[im]http://abload.de/img/img_0012pcsyo.jpg[/img]

Please Kazzie!

That's what i'm thinking. There are a lot of signs pointing toward it. The first sign was obviously GTHD. Then we have Kaz saying that they had bikes running on the GT5 engine. They've also added Tourist Trophy to Gran-Turismo.com. I don't remember it being listed on the old version of the site. Then you have KTM as a manufacturer. Yes, they make the X-Bow, but they're much more known for building motorcycles. And then you have this quote from the announcement

Yamauchi-san is set to provide an update on the future of the Gran Turismo game at Silverstone. His passion for all things automotive is evident in the ever-increasing levels of realism and attention to detail in Gran Turismo

saladine1

Hopefully this is a proper unveiling. I obviously don't expect them to reveal everything since they have three major events coming up (E3, gamescom and TGS) before the games rumored release later this year. But this event would give them the opportunity to address some of the complaints that were leveled against GT5. Things like the GT mode,premium/standard cars (we've heard that they're all premium this time) and customization. And new tracks should be a no-brainer with the rumor about this game having a ton of tracks.

The GT mode is the heart of the series, so I get the feeling that it's likely gone through significant changes. Either something completely new or an overhauled version of the existing formula.

Sound, Snake, you forgot to mention sound :)

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the unveiling will proceed. I want it to be magnificent. I want it to be over the top with lasers and smoke and dubst..I mean jazz music..

Kaz will be there right..?

Mush

I'm actually quite interested in what they are going to do on Wednesday if GT6 is indeed a PS3 title. We know they have a lot of content that has been sitting on the shelf for a while now. As SolidSnake pointed out, we know they have had bikes running on the GT5 engine. Karts were something that were intended for a future GT title but they were pushed forward, so who knows what other stuff they held back from GT5?

The big deal here is how they will use it. Sure, PD could push out GT6 which could potentially include all GT5 content plus everything else they've been working on since its release. And I'd be happy with that. What I wouldn't be pleased with if they also just revert to the tired old formula of Sunday Cups and License Tests. I know it's something of a tradition for the series but I don't think I could go through that again, at least not in its current form.

I've talked about this before in some length so I'm not going to repeat myself here but PD need to start paying attention to their competitors. They are still arguably king of the mountain when it comes to the genre on consoles but they won't be there for much longer if they fail to stop reverting back to the now 15 year-old formula.

Sid

amar212 when do you think we'll get a full GT on the PS4? does 2015 sound good?can they make another one by that time?

amar212

They can do crazy things with GT on PS3 with really *small improvements* within game structure itself and with only using design-solutions, ideas and concepts they've alreay had in previous Gran Turismo games.

Now, time to repeat and elaborate again.

PREVIOUS GAMES OPTIONS, FUNCTIONALITY AND DETAILS:

Gran Turismo 1
- dedicated music tunes for all segments of the game (including dealerships)
- laptimes and records tracked throughout the game and displayed accordingly
- scrollable list with all laptimes after the race with best lap highlighted
- strict restrictions for races
- SS11 with underpass
- GUI shortcuts for mall main game areas
- 1-400, 1-1000, max speed tests on NORMAL TEST TRACK
- Memory Card Battle (2P races should be called like that for nostalgia reason)

Gran Turismo 2
- greatest Time-Trial options ever (separate sector post-results monitoring, 3 types of ghosts, etc..)
- best Race Analysis tool in the series
- ability to rearrange cars through Garage
- Tahiti, Midfield, Red Rock Valley, Rome, Rome Night, Apricot Hill, Grindelwald, Seattle, rally tracks..
- monitoring and tracking highest speed per venue on HUD
- Event Creator tool
- restricted career separated through "GT World" and "Special Event" races
- separated Arcade mode with Unlocks
- skip-a-lap option in Replay

Gran Turismo 3
- real-time mileage-monitor on HUD dials
- Time Trial Arcade races with predetermined conditions
- Complex String, SS11 with overpass
- when Original Tracks are raced in Reverse-configuration the lightning (time of day) changes

GT Concept: Tokyo-Geneva
> no real details except for the PodRace for lulz
- oh yeah, animated leafs on Autumn Ring track

Gran Turismo 4: Prologue
- Coffee Break tests / Ghymkana course
- License Tests structured with various skill-tests
- aerodynamics/engine stall effect in high speeds

Gran Turismo 4
- stock-version of cars is unlocked for usage in Arcade/LAN multiplayer when bought in Dealerships/obtained through Prizes
- complex career mode with World Map
- Dealership Races
- LAN option
- old-school versions of some tracks with additions of Motegi, Seoul, Hong Kong, Paris, Cathedral Rocks, El Capitan, Costa di Amalfi, Citta di Aria..
- all those beautiful Photo Locations, never to be forgotten..
- interchangeable position with B-Spec driver through pits for Endurance races ONLY

GT5: Prologue
- leaderboards
- official matchmaking with predetermined entry-requirements
- animated pre-race garage sequences for particular car/track

GTPSP
- simple yet best ever Event Generator (prizes determined per field-strength/tyre-compound used and race distance)

GRAN TURISMO 5 • DETAILS TO EXPAND AND IMPROVE:

- expanded Course Maker functionality (up to 20 new environments would do miracles with added option to adjust the sloping of the corners, inserting chicanes for selected type of environments <racing tracks> and added option of point-to-point courses - as we seen in GT5 pre-release videos and GT5 Rally section the game, then mysteriously disappearing from the Course Maker final release
>> imagine the Online Lobby with 14 players tackling the generated P2P course in the real-time, without any of them previously seeing it and post-race results and ability to make a Championship for instance

- Paint Shop: include Paint Shop in GTAuto where we can purchase additional paint-chips we already own through usual in-game methodology (including Special Paint Chips which should be more expensive than normal ones) or sell already owned chips for some small monetary compensation

- Weather Option: to include it for all possible tracks

- Time of Day option: if making variable time-of-day is too much, add the pre-baked option of different lightning for all tracks (as seen in original F355 Challenge as Magic Weather option): morning, noon, overcast, afternoon, dusk, night..

- B-Spec real time racing for Multiplayer / Expanded B-Spec functionality - ability to race your best B-Spec drivers in online in real-time with your friends - we groomed them for something damnit
- few small additions for online lobbies: oil-change in pits, Restrict Tune option (all cars can have only the same parts/tuning details as host's car - allows for proper execution of league races), Replay Theatre in lobbies (all people in lobby can watch the replays together with host controlling it)

- to add split-times/pitting info for other drivers/best lap on the extremely useless driver-list on the right side of the HUD (refreshes in real-time, can be turned-off in real-time, see below)

- to have real-time HUD ON/OFF button as assignable to preferred button (I do not need beams, but I would really welcome to be able to turn on/off HUD in real-time during the race, possibly from full to partial to OFF - as seen in Shift for instance)

Various Functionality
- oil-change inside pit-area
- ability to manually delete times from Time Trial menu
- option "Remove All Parts" inside Garage which removes all removable tuning-parts by one click
- option "Restore Default Tuning" inside Garage that restores all tuning values to default (for installed/default parts)
- non-mandatory SRF in License Tests and following that, ability to reset License Tests times and results once completed

Online Options
- oil-change in the pit-area
- ability to save "Lobby Preset" for Lobby options (either private or public)
- Lobby Theatre Mode (all people inside lobby can watch replay post-race together - lobby host controlling)
- Post Race data to be seen in Lobby on the after-race screen: overall race time, fastest lap holder, who was DNF, etc.
- introduce Host Tuning options: None, Host Tuning Parts Only, Host Tuning Open and Host Tuning Apply
  • Host Tuning Parts Only - all cars in lobby have to have exact the same parts-tuning as Host Car
  • Host Tuning Open - all cars can modify installed parts based on Host Tuning - parts needed/eligible to be seen through highlighting in Tuning Menu
  • Host Tuning Apply - all cars will have tuning values applied as values of the Host car
This option is complementary with existing options of Part Tuning, where choice of Prohibited locks the tuning under values of Hosts' car (for same-spec racing)
- introduce Team Race - 2 players race for the same "team", post-race prizes are issued based on their combined results

B-Spec Online
Introduce the option to race B-Spec drivers in online multiplayer in the real-time (as regular MP option)
- players are in the Online Lobby (private or public)
- host chooses either A/B Spec race
- all players can sign one of their existing B-Spec drivers of choice
- track/car combo is selected, rules for race are selected
- race commence with real-time B-Spec management
- Team Race option - see above in Online options
- B-Spec XP + Cr for prizes

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue&#8482; Heritage Races
Re-introduce official Matchmaking races in bi-week rhythm (to change when Seasonals change or can even be from the same category as Sasonals - but they're online MP races):
- 3 categories: Normal, Intermediate, Expert (as in GT5:p)
- pre-determined set of rules (vehicle, track, # of laps, PP vehicle group, tyre compound)
- XP/Cr prizes only

Never forget:
event.jpg

DRASTIC EXPANSION OF THE OWNERSHIP/MAINTENANCE&#8482; PHILOSOPHY IN ORDER TO FORCE PLAYERS TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR VEHICLES:

First, I would love introduction of more progressive (scaled) curve of damaging the vehicle (engine and chassis). The current (GT5) is very linear (car is either damaged or not). I would love to see some progression (phases) that would be repercussions of driver's style of driving. Which leads to..

Detecting the damage - introduction of Vehicle Diagnostics/Dyno. In order to determine the level of damage on your vehicle, you have to submit it to Vehicle Diagnostics. There (with some currency to be paid) you can observe the current status of particular vehicle. Depending of results, you can submit your vehicle to either Engine Rebuild or Chassis Repair processes. In the same proces, the Dyno provides you with up-to-date data of the current engine power, etc.

How does damage occurs? Game tracks the way you handle the car (crashing, bumping, off-track riding, etc.) and applies some level of progressive mechanical damage to the vehicle. More you take care of the car, less damage it takes. Of course, mileage itslef adds its own damage (as it does in GT5) which at some point results with "unrefreshable" vehicle. For engine damage game tracks the way you use revs, shifting, etc. and acts accordingly. Of course, if you drive with "old oil" the damage is faster. Which leads to..

Days of Delivery - So, I basically give more importance to Delivery Truck. Instead of everything being finished within "1-click" I would also gave back more "meaning" to in-game days (which still exist in GT5, but they are not visible except on game-save data). When you submit your car to particular procedure, that procedure takes some in-game days to occur. So, for example:

same-day procedures (owner stays in car he brought to GT Auto): Car Wash, Oil Change, Dyno, Rim Change
1-day procedures (owner must take another car from Garage when submitting car to procedure, car is back in Delivery Truck in the next game-day): Vehicle Diagnostics, Spoiler attachments, Rim Paint
3-day procedure: Car Paint, Engine Rebuild
5-day procedure: Chassis Refresh

You can also multi-select the procedures in which case it takes the maximum days of "longest" procedure as overall time, it not adds up.

Of course, it would be more then great that actual parts of the car are experiencing wear due to ways you're using the vehicle (especially suspension and gearbox parts) so you have to re-purchase them and install them during the life-cycle of particular vehicle. But I guess many players would not welcome such miniscule attention to detail. Pity.

NO BRAINERS&#8482;:

- option to add numbers on all cars (I do not need Livery Editor, numbers for stock vehicles and Paint Shop as described above is more then enough IMO)
- option to have race cars without livery (and with ability to paint them in desired color)
- female avatar drivers (for general use, with weaker stats for Physique and such but with better Mindset stats when used in B-Spec for example)
- dynamic first-person camera with walking animation and ability to crouch and focus on some point on the horizon when in PhotoMode
- ability to arrange scenes with multiple vehicles in Photomode

I would remember few more things, but all of above could be easily made out of the current state of GT5 engine on the PS3.

magawolaz

Some months ago I opened a thread on GTplanet about all these small features that can be implemented in the game (at the time I was thinking about Spec 3.0, but GT6 will do it
Probably not
)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Given the hardware constrains, it makes no sense to produce another version on PS3/Vita.

GT2 was "GT1 with all the content we wanted to put in it" and
GT4 was "GT3 with all the content we wanted to put in it".

That was before updates and patches. GT5 has already a bunch of content.

but with GT1 & 2 on PSone and GT3 & 4 on PS2 it kinda makes sense to put the 6th iteration on the PS3 especially considering the userbase of the console. To put it on PS4 would be financial suicide given how much money went into GT5 vs how many copies it sold.

All new IPs are new unproven ideas and the launch window is a good time to test the waters. So many consoles have new titles at launch and that is what gauges interest, a new experience for the gamer. Take any console and look at launch IPs and what they have done for the games, they've given new experiences. PS3 = Motorstorm, Resistance and Xbox = Halo, Project Gotham Racing (Although you could argue it was a sequel to MSR) N64 = Wave Race, Turok. PSone = Warhawk, WipEout.

Sticking GT6 as a launch title would be unwise given the userbase they aim for with that title. Sony know roughly how many each version can and will sell and putting it as a launch won't ever guarantee those figures. By the time latecomers come to the console a year or two later there will be a huge library with new and recent releases that hardly anyone goes back to launch titles to fill a gap devoid of games.

Double H

GT4: E3 2004

Race Area:
Event Hall
License Center
Arcade Arena
Single Race
Power & Speed
Safety Driving Park
Drift Contest

Car Area:
Car Town
Secondhand Car Shop
Classic Car Shop
Museum
GT Auto
Tuning World
Flea Market

Facilities:
Garage
Online Reception
Hall of Fame
Concert Hall
Civic Center
Information
Bank of GT
Parking
Paint Shop
Travel Office

GT HD: TGS 2006

GT5 Prologue: ~TGS/TMS 2007

iLvPzd9wHxETw.gif

Keep at it Kaz. One day you'll get there.

amar212

Can anyone tell me of there will be a press conference at the event? Journalists invited? Q&A?

It is invitation-only, cherry-picked most influential world media outlets members call (gaming press is only part of media-profiles invited), with full-day programme, various announcements of unkown background ("future of GT series" being only communicated so far), with ongoing track-day, meetup with automotive professionals of various backgrounds and official worldwide celebration of 15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo.

The parts of the event will be streamed and we know the "GT Future" keynote should be the streaming highlight. But no schedule or details have been known yet.

Q&A will probably happen, but this event will be more about perception and influence of GT series in the business, automotive industry and its significance in worldwide motorsport then asking about Livery Editor in GT6 (for example). Besides Kazunori, it is expected for all SCE top-heads to be there, including Hirai and Yoshida (they are both members of Polyphony Board of directors for a decade now).

This is way more than "gaming" event to be honest. We certainly have something to look forward in Wednesday.

amar212

Shit just got real.

It is not confirmed officialy, so that is not 100% certain. Just to be clear about it. Same goes to one another confusion that is not yet clear, but it is not something that can be discussed in public domain ATM. It will be a great event in all ways.

It is invitation-only, cherry-picked most influential world media outlets members call (gaming press is only part of media-profiles invited), with full-day programme, various announcements of unkown background ("future of GT series" being only communicated so far), with ongoing track-day, meetup with automotive professionals of various backgrounds and official worldwide celebration of 15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo.

The parts of the event will be streamed and we know the "GT Future" keynote should be the streaming highlight. But no schedule or details have been known yet.

Q&A will probably happen, but this event will be more about perception and influence of GT series in the business, automotive industry and its significance in worldwide motorsport then asking about Livery Editor in GT6 (for example). Besides Kazunori, it is expected for all SCE top-heads to be there, including Hirai and Yoshida (they are both members of Polyphony Board of directors for a decade now).

This is way more than "gaming" event to be honest. We certainly have something to look forward in Wednesday.

Woah.

It is not confirmed officialy, so that is not 100% certain. Just to be clear about it. Same goes to one another confusion that is not yet clear, but it is not something that can be discussed in public domain ATM. It will be a great event in all ways.

Even if only some of them are there that is still a pretty big deal, means the event is a bigger deal than we even imagined.

All of this gets me so excited.
The junction of many industries by one interest, and one guy (and team) as the hinge.
A true celebration of success.

If GT6 is released on PS3 Sony will be shooting in the foot, the game need to be a PS4 system seller and we deserve a GT without PS3 limitations (yes, its not a bad console at all but its 7 years old with very limited ram)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't wait for the graphics to blow my face off but I really hope they do something about damage/collision and inconsistency in car models quality. That stuff was so beneath the legacy of GT that it shouldn't have happened. I'd even like a smaller car list with all high quality models instead of multiple skylines, etc. And I hope the physics to feel a bit more realistic, didn't really like 'em in GT5, I think the series needs a bit of work from the ground up on that end.

And most of all, I hope it's on PS4.

dammnnnnn

Are you an expert?

No, just someone that has been following the industry for many years (especialy racing games), knows that GT is Sony´s most important franchise (by far) and common sense indicate that if you want to make your new console desireable you need system seller games like GT, if Sony release GT6 on Ps3 only there will be many people who probably will wait before getting PS4.
Also Polyphony is a slow studio, if they release GT6 for Ps3 at the end of 2013 that probably means we wont see GT7 for PS4 until end of 2015 which is kind of late if PS4 doesnt get a good selling rhyhtm.

Sony need to focus in PS4 and saving Vita, Ps3 is a solid system that doesnt need Gran Turismo to profit. Announcing GT6 for Ps4 and releasing it in Christmass 2014 will be a much wiser strategy.

sense

No, just someone that follows the industry for many years, knows that GT is Sony´s most important franchise (by far) and common sense indicate that if you want to make your new console desireable you need system seller games like GT, if Sony release GT6 on Ps3 only there will be many people who probably will wait before getting PS4.
Also Polyphony is a slow studio, if they release GT6 for Ps3 at the end of 2013 that probably means we wont see GT7 for PS4 until end of 2015 which is kind of late if PS4 doesnt get a good selling rhyhtm.

Sony need to focus in PS4 and saving Vita, Ps3 is a solid system that doesn't need Gran Turismo to profit.

The ps4 is probably going to be sold at a minimal loss if not break even and there is going to be problems keeping up with demand in the initial year or two. this is when they launch new ips to satisfy the hardcore and make them try new stuff. in 2015 they will be profitable with ps4 most likely and production will be in full swing at which point they can drop uncharted and gran turismo and combine it with maybe a small price drop and boom watch everybody upgrade from ps3 to ps4. this holiday there will be too much competition from nintendo and Microsoft so it ain't gonna be a cakewalk so you might as well sell gran turismo to the huge install base and make a lot of money especially with a very good profit margin they got going with the ps3's. the smartest thing they could do is maybe make it cross gen or have some version of gt6 on ps4 as well for those that don't want to hold onto their ps3's and i am thinking they might do that or come up with a version early 2014. you don't bring your best selling ip on day 1 because you cannot keep up with demand and then the game is going to be stifled by less hardware and people with ps3's that cannot upgrade right away. sony needs to offset any losses by ps4 so as to keep the investors happy as well since they are in rebuilding phase right with their first annual profit in a long time. the hardcore enthusiasts will buy the ps4 anyway at launch day.

The ps4 is probably going to be sold at a minimal loss if not break even and there is going to be problems keeping up with demand in the initial year or two. this is when they launch new ips to satisfy the hardcore and make them try new stuff. in 2015 they will be profitable with ps4 most likely and production will be in full swing at which point they can drop uncharted and gran turismo and combine it with maybe a small price drop and boom watch everybody upgrade from ps3 to ps4. this holiday there will be too much competition from nintendo and Microsoft so it ain't gonna be a cakewalk so you might as well sell gran turismo to the huge install base and make a lot of money especially with a very good profit margin they got going with the ps3's. the smartest thing they could do is maybe make it cross gen or have some version of gt6 on ps4 as well for those that don't want to hold onto their ps3's and i am thinking they might do that or come up with a version early 2014. you don't bring your best selling ip on day 1 because you cannot keep up with demand and then the game is going to be stifled by less hardware and people with ps3's that cannot upgrade right away. sony needs to offset any losses by ps4 so as to keep the investors happy as well since they are in rebuilding phase right with their first annual profit in a long time. the hardcore enthusiasts will buy the ps4 anyway at launch day.

That is absolute nonsense. If your system is not desirable from day one, you are already fighting against the waves before you get to calmer shores. Sony learned that with PS3. They need their best games there as early as possible. Leaving Uncharted and Gran Turismo for a couple years down the line would be purely bad business. And no - they won't be fighting to keep up demand if the product isn't wanted, look at WiiU

If GT6 is released on PS3 Sony will be shooting in the foot, the game need to be a PS4 system seller

PS1 didn't launch with a GT game.

PS2 didn't launch with a GT game.

PS3 didn't launch with a GT game.

Despite this, they were all fine. So why is it so important that the PS4 should?

dubc35

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/19/1368272372-capture-d-ecran-2013-05-11-a-13-35-31.png

Credit to Zlork over at GTplanet.
So, credit for a photoshop? Am I missing something?

e* looks like he just posted the pic and said ps3
c4kvEkO.png

FlyFaster

PS1 didn't launch with a GT game.

PS2 didn't launch with a GT game.

PS3 didn't launch with a GT game.

Despite this, they were all fine. So why is it so important that the PS4 should?

dude, be careful. You're making too much sense. People will get angry.

Dibbz

Noooooooooooooooooo :( Fuck me well I guess it's for the best to find out now, so I will lower my expectations.

sense

That is absolute nonsense. If your system is not desirable from day one, you are already fighting against the waves before you get to calmer shores. Sony learned that with PS3. They need their best games there as early as possible. Leaving Uncharted and Gran Turismo for a couple years down the line would be purely bad business. And no - they won't be fighting to keep up demand if the product isn't wanted, look at WiiU

there will be a ton of other games to make it desirable. they have many first party studios and third party studios with confirmed games for ps4. you cannot compare with wii u because that system just has very very few games if any plus no significant third party and things aren't looking up in that regard so they obviously they need their big ips soon to even move systems. ps4 will have ton of games and yes most of them might be cross gen but they will be there along with the other first party games spread out and free to play games and indies. killzone, drive club, infamous just for this holiday and probably many for early 2014. this is not like ps3 where they did not plan right and had problems pumping out games. they have many studios with 2 teams working on games for ps4 for awhile now. they will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom