• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuya

Banned
Don't be nuts guysss.

iWfORZsSyMmK1.png

silverstonewing.jpg

Look at the rubber on the ground, fencing and inside building details.
Toning variation at the checkered podium too.

PD loves details, but not by that much.

Look at the aliasing in the white tiles in the top right.

aliasing_gt6aajtw.png

Look at the aliasing in the white tiles in the top right.

There's no aliasing (in the sense of rendering aliasing), there are really fine lines/edges being video compressed. Which then looks aliased. In the second pic, the panel borders are not receiving direct light, so it helps "decontrast" or smooth out the edges.

Hmm. Seeing it in HD actually changes my opinion. It's certainly real.

Too much detail to be graphics (Especially on the ground)

Don't be nuts guysss.

iWfORZsSyMmK1.png

silverstonewing.jpg

Look at the rubber on the ground, fencing and inside building details.
Toning variation at the checkered podium too.

PD loves details, but not by that much.

#TeamCG

I say that because of the pic of the (standard?) R34 Skyline. The lighting is the same.

Happy anniversary, GT! Can't wait to see what they will show us next. GT5 is such a wonderful game. It has flaws, but they are completely fixable after all. Actually, I'm still yet to pay this game enough attention - it's so large and I don't really have a good opportunity to explore everything it has as of now.

And this teaser is really nice. I like the symbolism: Academy's GT-R overtakes Blue Skyline with GT1 plate, then Saleen S7 with (as it seems) GT2 plate, then something else and finally another GT-R with GT5 plate. That car seems to be GT6 and it's coming fast! :D

evolution

I don't know what car that is, but it doesn't look like an HSC. Im pretty sure the tail lights are different sizes. It must be some concept car though.

Arc07

New avatar to celebrate.

Also, I have these stickers and want to give them out to NRL and GT-GAF:

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

But I have to figure out the logistics of sending them around. Let me know if you're interested and we will make a list.

15 years. Feels like yesterday.
Pretty. I'd love one as well if any are left.

That was an awesome video indeed, I can't believe I missed it.

Yeah the trailer and music were awesome. What really made it even better was the racing. It was surprisingly clean and lag free. Might ditch the Gt planet series for neogaf series now.

Most races were actually, while competitive, very clean. Shit happens from time to time, but the usual drivers are all very clean and respectful. And we could use some more cool drivers for the NRL :p

I don't know what car that is, but it doesn't look like an HSC. Im pretty sure the tail lights are different sizes. It must be some concept car though.

People on GTplanet have been trying to figure out what it is and no one has the answer. Some think that it's some rare concept car that never saw the light of day and others think it's an upcoming car. amar's Create a Car theory is also possible. Could Polyphony get in trouble for such a feature if people are creating replicas of cars that aren't in the game? Or is that not an issue when things like kit cars exist?

Mush

Of course I go to bed disappointed with the lack of anything substantial (or even minor) on the new gran-turismo.com and I wake up and this happens.

Of course.

Angst

New avatar to celebrate.

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

But I have to figure out the logistics of sending them around. Let me know if you're interested and we will make a list.

I'd definitely want one of those :)

Angst

Looks awesome but no idea what I would do with it. Do you stick it on your car or something?

Let's all celebrate GT5 by watching this GAF GT5 montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU-RHxfunCw&feature=share&list=PL-Ufx0eBlZSuKhOpL7Jdc6BR-tm7u0IgO

/plug :p
Awesome work Dibbz! Tweet it to Kaz :)

Yeah the trailer and music were awesome. What really made it even better was the racing. It was surprisingly clean and lag free. Might ditch the Gt planet series for neogaf series now.

To be fair, we did have our fair share of accidents and stuff like that. But thinking back I don't think we had even ONE incident where someone lost their shit and started driving backwards or actively tried to mess things up for the other guys. Most post-race ventings boiled down to:

"You made a racing mistake that a real racing driver also might have made - that mistake ended my chances in the race and now I'm annoyed"

Good stuff. There WILL be a proper NRL race sometime soon. Toxa is trying to organize a LMP race now and if you can make it you should join. That goes for everyone in here.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443226&page=40

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to see what's announced. My G27 and VR3 racing rig are ready.

Sadly, all they really need to do to guarantee a sale from me is to fix the abhorrent menus and kill the load times. If an F70 (LaFerrari) makes an appearance in the announcement trailer I'll be doubly hyped.

Edit: Classy trailer Dibbz + epic choice of theme music

Protome

Can we bring back #TeamHybrid too then?
Looked to me like the trailer was cutting between real and CG a lot to show off graphics.

Niks

Looks awesome but no idea what I would do with it. Do you stick it on your car or something?

Yup, AFAIK the RM cars all have it.

Brilliant!

Closest I could find:

ee26vuts.gif

#TeamCG lol

Definetively ingame.

I celebrate they went with an afternoon TOD and not the generic noon setting.

Mush

I'd love to join in this weekend for old times sake but my PS3 is currently sitting packed in a box without a TV to plug it into.

Get someone to stream it!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't know why, but I'm picturing MS trolling Sony and announcing Project Gotham Racing V for the Next Xbox that day to steal some thunder.

It would be funny.

Man

I don't know why, but I'm picturing MS trolling Sony and announcing Project Gotham Racing V for the Next Xbox that day to steal some thunder.
It would be funny.
And what good would it do for MS to throw PGRV under the GT hype train?

DXPett1

Trailer definitely flips between CG scenes and real scenes to mess with our head.

Excited. Hopefully none of this premium car crap. All cars, all detailed in HD

Cidd

Have PD ever used CGI in their games?

I've played all GT except Concept 2001 and the PSP version but I don't remember them ever using CGI.

But this is different I guess since it's just a promo.

Have PD ever used CGI in their games?

I've played all GT except Concept 2001 and the PSP version but I don't remember them ever using CGI.

But this is different I guess since it's just a promo.

They've used it from time to time. GT1's intro had a small amount of CG. The section with the Ford GT in GT4's intro was CG. And GT Concept 2002 used CG for the intro. But they use it rarely, and I don't think they've used it at all during the current-gen.

GiLL7486

Neo Member
New avatar to celebrate.

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

Can I have one as well please?

Google I.O. and GT all in one day! Aww yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom