• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, BEFORE I read the thread I saw the trailer and thought the black and white Silverstone looked.. funny. But the coloured version looked too real.

These two parts though:

cMUDxgg.jpg

and
m3T6U2W.png

looked "weird", not totally realistic.

WHAT'S HAPPENING I CANT TELL ANYMORE!!

Reaction_ItalianSpiderman.gif

I'm obviously talking about everything that is OUTSIDE of the car :p

I wouldn't doubt this to be in-engine so much if it wasn't for the PS3 rumours... if this was a PS4 exclusive I would be more open to it being CG.

But I knew Mogren WAS real and this has me doubting myself lol.

New avatar to celebrate.

Also, I have these stickers and want to give them out to NRL and GT-GAF:

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

But I have to figure out the logistics of sending them around. Let me know if you're interested and we will make a list.

15 years. Feels like yesterday.

I gotta get me a few of these. I'll pay for shipping!

Also, that's all real people. Common...

New avatar to celebrate.

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

But I have to figure out the logistics of sending them around. Let me know if you're interested and we will make a list.

Oh god, how did I miss this? I would so love to have one :)

PS: Stupid GT1 intro music, goosebumps.

New avatar to celebrate.

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

I would love one dear sir.

Dibbz

New avatar to celebrate.

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

Looks awesome but no idea what I would do with it. Do you stick it on your car or something?

Let's all celebrate GT5 by watching this GAF GT5 montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU-RHxfunCw&feature=share&list=PL-Ufx0eBlZSuKhOpL7Jdc6BR-tm7u0IgO

/plug :p

They never put GT1/2 on PSN, did they? Seems odd. I know those games are old and thus some of the appeal is lost by way of obsolescence, but they'd probably sell damn well regardless.

Sorc3r3r

Ok, I think that there are more than one possibility that this trailer is all in engine.
Even the face of Jann Mardenboroug looks suspect to me lol.

#Believe

It looks like we'll see the X-Bow in the game since they're confirmed to be one of the manufacturers that are supporting the event

01_ktm_xbow_race_450ompxz5.jpg

But they're mostly known for being a motorcycle manufacturer...

Yamauchi-san is set to provide an update on the future of the Gran Turismo game at Silverstone. His passion for all things automotive is evident in the ever-increasing levels of realism and attention to detail in Gran Turismo,

Pungza

This part looked off to me. The red and green looked too bright? But I dont know, cant find any decent onboard footage to compare

IwBP0pH.gif

This part looked off to me. The red and green looked too bright? But I dont know, cant find any decent onboard footage to compare

IwBP0pH.gif

Almost looks like a real interior and driver with an in game road. They've obviously made some lighting changes.

It looks like we'll see the X-Bow in the game since they're confirmed to be one of the manufacturers that are supporting the event

http://abload.de/img/01_ktm_xbow_race_450ompxz5.jpg[img]

But they're mostly known for being a motorcycle manufacturer...[/QUOTE]

Gran Turismo 6: Tourist Trophy 2

amar212

Okay, now call me crazy. BUT.

This car is not real-life (as "existing") car IMO. It does not resemble ANY vehicle I have ever seen in my life. Of course, I can't know all cars in the world, but.

Could this be some very smug tease for the new functionality - CAR CREATOR?

SEGA GT had it over a decade ago and I can totally see GT going that path with some selected manufacturers that could give consent for usage of their brands and parts of cars (chassis, suspensions, motors, etc) to build fantasy vehicles.

Imagine the possibilities.

They never put GT1/2 on PSN, did they? Seems odd. I know those games are old and thus some of the appeal is lost by way of obsolescence, but they'd probably sell damn well regardless.

They never will, licensing content would be nightmare - everything would have to be re-licensed - and many of companies, music artists and such does not exist or have totally different licensing issues.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well, BEFORE I read the thread I saw the trailer and thought the black and white Silverstone looked.. funny. But the coloured version looked too real.

These two parts though:

cMUDxgg.jpg

and
m3T6U2W.png

looked "weird", not totally realistic.

WHAT'S HAPPENING I CANT TELL ANYMORE!!

Fuck yeah, this just got more awesome! #TeamCG strikes back! How do you like that, #TeamReal?!

Kajiba

New avatar to celebrate.

ibadfRi8O7gbUf.JPG

That looks nice. I'll like to have one.

The Lamp

I don't understand. If this really means GT6 could be coming out soon, why is Sony making Drive Club aim to release this fall as well? They cater to the same people but might both be aiming to launch this fall?

This car is not real-life (as "existing") car IMO. It does not resemble ANY vehicle I have ever seen in my life. Of course, I can't know all cars in the world, but.

Well, yeah... that doesn't look like any car I know, either. But man, a car creator would indeed be crazy.

tranciful

I don't understand. If this really means GT6 could be coming out soon, why is Sony making Drive Club aim to release this fall as well? They cater to the same people but might both be aiming to launch this fall?

GT is sim. DC is more like PGR/GRID/Forza Horizons

SEGA GT had it over a decade ago and I can totally see GT going that path with some selected manufacturers that could give consent for usage of their brands and parts of cars (chassis, suspensions, motors, etc) to build fantasy vehicles.

Imagine the possibilities.

They never will, licensing content would be nightmare - everything would have to be re-licensed - and many of companies, music artists and such does not exist or have totally different licensing issues.

I might take you up on that offer amar, car creator? i don't think that will happen. Feel free to serve me 2 serving of crow if indeed it proves to be truth.

dubc35

GT6 announces new car creator!*

* - Created cars can only be used in the created car section in arcade mode. Not for use in A-spec, B-spec, or online. They can also not be gifted to friends or used in photo mode.

Ding-Ding

That car is very similar to the new Aston Martin Vanquish. Its just the front thats bothering me (then again, if they are showing just the frame, it could explain that)

Elios83

I hope to be impressed.
Worst case scenario it's a GT5 data disk (more tracks and premium cars), three years in development just for PS3.
I want much more =)

I'm still not sure. The tree lines are pretty much identical. I know GT5 already has very very similar treelines, but that one is just 1:1 right down to the single pixel.

Yeah, there were definitely in game graphics layered into that trailer. It stuck out immediately. Glad the #teamcg discussions are well on the way. Put me down in #teamcg camp. I am almost 100% positive the screen shots of the points in the video people have been posting are in game graphics.

Loving the car creator idea, that would be fantastic mostly because it would imply they have ramped up their tunning section to allow engine swaps etc if there is a full car creator section.

Don't be nuts guysss.

iWfORZsSyMmK1.png

silverstonewing.jpg

Look at the rubber on the ground, fencing and inside building details.
Toning variation at the checkered podium too.

PD loves details, but not by that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom