• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up Show Theme - Orchestral Version

andycapps

Incredible work here, especially considering this was done on the side and not for pay I presume. Wow. Got some great minds out there that can come up with this stuff in their free time. :D

I could see this being used for a Brodeo retrospective of some of the classic clips.

brandonh83 said:
Chris worked on the Speed Racer soundtrack?

So how does it feel to have worked on the best film score in like 10 years? Note: I didn't say "one of" the best.

Working on Speed Racer was great. I was really bummed when the film was poorly received, because I really think it's good. New and different.

andycapps

Wario64 said:
Speed Racer was very good. It'll definitely find an audience in DVD/Blu-Ray sales

This. I'm going to be checking it out on Netflix shortly after my other backlog is cleared up. I was somewhat jaded on the Wachowski Brothers after Matrix 2 and 3. That and the word of mouth from people I know that saw it did not like it, so I just never saw it.

tyler

Where can we download the original and newer 1Up themes? (They ran at the beginning and end of the last series *sniff*)

ChryZ

The orchestral version is awesome.

May I request the original version with vocals and all? Can someone hook me up?

Darkpen

Banned
wow...

this was actually really hard for me to follow as a song :lol as a slow instrumental piece, it seriously confused me with the melody for this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQw15Voz1E

"Yume no naka e," the main theme for the anime Kare Kano

tyler said:
Where can we download the original and newer 1Up themes? (They ran at the beginning and end of the last series *sniff*)
check the 1up show myspace page

tyler

Thanks but is there a way to save them?

I'd like to have the Original tune, the Summer tune and the NEW tune (from the last series, which doesn't seem to be on MySpace)

ChryZ

By ryanodonnell via twitter:

http://twitter.com/ryanodonnell/statuses/1108706015

"Updated link for the 1UP SHOW OST: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1ANKCN3G"

<3 Ryan

Contains:

01 1up show theme [original].mp3
02 1up show theme [west wing style part 01].mp3
03 smoky back room [ryan o'donnell].mp3
04 soulcalibur II tourney theme [ryan o'donnell, jane pinckard, eric haller].mp305 terminal c [cesar quintero].mp3
06 40's cartoon song [robert bowen].mp3
07 activate [torrey holbrook walker].mp3
08 1up show theme [west wing style part 02].mp3
09 1up show theme [japanese edition demo].mp3
10 a conversation between friends [ryan o'donnell].mp3
11 ocd [cesar quintero].mp3
12 good rap [robert bowen].mp3
13 the glory of brawl [cornelson laut].mp3
14 1up show theme [jonathan mann version].mp3
15 ballad of the bard [demo 2].mp3
16 zombies attack [ryan o'donnell].mp3
17 night driving [ryan o'donnell].mp3
18 bit crazy [cesar quintero].mp3
19 1up show theme [nightmare key 8-bit version].mp3
20 plankton [torrey holbrook walker].mp3
21 soulcalibur II tourney theme [instrumental].mp3
22 dark underworld [ryan o'donnell].mp3
23 1up show theme [summer 06 ryan vocal demo].mp3
24 my island [ryan o'donnell].mp3
25 character select [torrey holbrook walker].mp3
26 sneaking mission [ryan o'donnell].mp3
27 heatish [ryan o'donnell].mp3
28 1up show theme [jesse hudson ballad].mp3
29 a letter to che [ryan o'donnell].mp3
30 tear my face [ryan o'donnell].mp3
31 1up show theme [summer 06 instrumental].mp3
32 easter beat [cesar quintero].mp3
33 1up show theme [japanese edition final].mp3
34 quits [torrey holbrook walker].mp3
35 urban villager [ryan o'donnell].mp3
36 yo mummer [torrey holbrook walker].mp3
37 1up show theme [summer 06 full].mp3
38 1up show theme [chris tilton orchestral version].mp3
39 leaving for zebes [jane pinckard & che chou].mp3
40 1up show theme [stemage metal version].mp3

Slavik81

Thank you so much.
So often these things get filed away and are never seen again.

(Years later, I'm still mad that there's a full-length version of the Cybersix theme that was never heard by the public and never will be.)

Thanks for the 1Up OST, i'm listening to it now. I have to compliment you all on the great music you chose and produced for the show it was a real highlight for me as it introduced me to a couple of great tracks and artists i'd have missed out on otherwise.

Thanks again, I hope you get the chance to keep up the good work in your next endeavours.

edit: Thanks also to Chris for releasing the orchestral piece, loving that too :)

Naka

John Davison used this in his most recent What They Play podcast before his segment about 1up/UGO/EGM. It was awesome!

bengraven

I just got around to listening to Chris Tilton's orchestral cover of the 1Up show.

Fuck.

I mean, maybe I'm already nostalgic for what was at one point a weekly habit, but I already miss it a great deal.

This is just...fucking sad.

Billen

Banned
I just listened to this old piece again and it's really awesome.

What about you, Gaffers and old time 1UP listeners, how do you feel when you listen to this now? Listen to it and express your feelings. Share your broken gamerheart pieces with gaf. Let us taste your tears.

Top Bottom