• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UPs GTA IV Pre-Review (previous rumors of 360 version 'issues' true...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFChris

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Wait am I reading this correctly? A GTA game has pop-in and draw distance issues? I can't believe this until I see it.

No no, only the 360 version. We all know how well optimised PS3 multi-platform games are.

NinjaFridge said:
It is the 360 aticle copy and pasted into the PS3 section. It is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make.

A reasonable assumption that the issues are only with the 360 version of the game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this been happening on every GTA game since GTAIII?

ypo

Is there ANY gameplay video out there? I haven't seen one. Have a feeling the game's performance's going to be pretty horrendous on both versions.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
ypo said:
Is there ANY gameplay video out there? I haven't seen one. Have a feeling the game's performance's going to be pretty horrendous on both versions.

They never show gameplay video. Just the reviewers do.

sense.jpg

The same could be said about this thread...

Zzoram

I think it's best to wait for gameplay footage or leaks/release to really know what to think about performance/graphics.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
FFChris said:
No no, only the 360 version. We all know how well optimised PS3 multi-platform games are.

A reasonable assumption that the issues are only with the 360 version of the game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this been happening on every GTA game since GTAIII?

The title refers to earlier reports about the 360 version having issues. This is obviously the 360 preview which states 'issues'. This isn't the PS3 review, so until there is one i think it is a reasonable assumption to make.

RSTEIN said:
I know... all those PS3 owning lozers, lol. By the time they get finished with their stupid install I'm gonna finish the goddamn game :lol :lol :lol :lol and the best part is I'll be on to the DLC (360 EXLCLUSIVE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) by the time they get past the first loading screen!!!!

EPIC FIAL

Perfection.

FFChris

NinjaFridge said:
The title refers to earlier reports about the 360 version having issues. This is obviously the 360 preview which states 'issues'. This isn't the PS3 review, so until there is one i think it is a reasonable assumption to make.

Ok that's fair enough. I guess we'll have to wait for the final version of the game, but threads like this seem pointless as you can argue it each way regardless.

Banned
NinjaFridge said:

I must have missed those.

NinjaFridge said:

The writer of the article already posted in here and said that he wasn't suggesting that. Unfortunately the thread didn't die after that.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Felix Lighter said:
The writer of the article already posted in here and said that he wasn't suggesting that. Unfortunately the thread didn't die after that.

Not saying he was just saying what i see. I'm not attacking anyone or anything like that either just saying.

moai

so that fake review is now true........uhm............what the hell is going on in this thread?

:lol

Jtrizzy

Rorschach said:
:lol Seriously...what's a grainy framerate?

Granted it doesn't make any sense in the context of frame rate, but I think what he was trying to convey is that the game has a grainy look to it, similar to what you see on film. And that compensates for the frame rate issues. I guess.

skip

Jtrizzy said:
Granted I doesn't make any sense in the context of frame rate, but I think what he was trying to convey is that the game has a grainy look to it, similar to what you see on film and that compensates for the frame rate issues. I guess.

yeah. that.

iceatcs

Ah right previous rumours issues was accord to fake first review. What about spilt screen which it is positively fake to me.

FFChris

Loudninja said:
FFChris its really no big deal anyways,hell skip already said both versions were pretty much the same.

You're right, and I did only just go back and look at skips posts.

It bothers me why threads like this are here in the first place. Surely we have gone past the point now of bickering about which version is the best because with recent multi-plat releases the games are pretty much identical. Yet every big game gets this.

GQman2121

Banned
Does anyone know what sound formats the game supports? Vice is the only game in the series to support DTS. Is this game DD only like most, or did they do it proper?

Dr. Zoidberg said:
It's hit and miss.

Since PC controllers map their buttons and axes differently it depends. I don't have any standalone PC USB controllers but I've successfully used various PC adapters on the PS3 with various levels of success. I've played Gripshift using a PS2 and a Gamecube controller through adapters. These USB adapters are just turning whatever controller you plug in into a generic PC USB controller which the PS3 recognizes. I've even gotten a Saturn pad to work in the XMB without issue.

Here's the rub:

1) Obviously, these controllers don't have the "PS" button on them either, so PS2 BC games can be a problem as the system disconnects all controllers when you launch one and requires the "PS" button to reconnect. They make specific PS3 adapters for PS2 controllers that have the PS button on them.

2) Some games require the analog stick for navigation, and if the controller you are using doesn't have one (Saturn) or it's mapped oddly then these won't work.

EDIT - As for the specific controllers you mentioned, you need to make sure that they don't require specific drivers to work in XP. If they do, they won't work on the PS3. Also, don't expect the "rumble" funtion to work either.

thanks.

well, my only problem with the ds3 is the l2/r2.

Rorschach

Jtrizzy said:
Granted it doesn't make any sense in the context of frame rate, but I think what he was trying to convey is that the game has a grainy look to it, similar to what you see on film. And that compensates for the frame rate issues. I guess.
The other part that threw me off is that he mentioned it's the same grain we have become accustomed to, but I don't recall SA having that filter. Maybe it's because the last time I played it was on PC?

Weenerz said:
Didn't they delay the game to work on the PS3 version?
No, they delayed it because they needed the time to compress the 360 version down to one disc.

I have no fucking clue, and even if I did, I wouldn't want to shit on R*North's party.

gtj1092

So can we retroactively remove that lead platform bullet point from the "Which version of GTA4 will u buy" thread. I'm sure both games will be the same in general graphically. But I'm just glad to hear that both versions are close so that 360 fans could stop inferring without having actually played the game themselves; that the Ps3 version would somehow be inferior by default since u know "THE 360 VERSION IS THE LEAD PLATFORM RAWR!!" .:lol

Weenerz said:
Didn't they delay the game to work on the PS3 version? So the issues will be with both version or what?
They delayed the game because it wasn't ready.

*comment removed*
EDIT: Sorry, I was a bit too harsh. Please don't feed the flames of the console wars in this thread please.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
snack said:
They delayed the game because it wasn't ready.

Just like the way your parents weren't ready to have you, but they didn't have the heart to take care of your abortion.

stfu

Chiggs said:
That was necessary?
No. But neither was the failed attempt at starting console wars.

Why is everyone getting mad at me? He was trying to bait us into a console war. I'm sorry but we already have enough of that shit going on as is, and he doesn't need to be contributing to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom