• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUjfFAxLaJ_oGCjrFSGWI9vg&v=1blldCKBKd4

Some Ethan Hawk action... like the drop down rear view mirrors... lol

That's a pretty cool vid. Wonder whether Ethan rides bikes.

/edit: no he doesn't:

21. I have a motorcycle license but no motorcycle (four kids, remember).

Isn't the "official" unveiling tomorrow? They had better give up the goods then

Definitely. I want to know what kind of engine setup they're going for.

That's a pretty cool vid. Wonder whether Ethan rides bikes.

/edit: no he doesn't:

Definitely. I want to know what kind of engine setup they're going for.

From what I've been reading it's pretty much a monster 796 engine. Not sure how it's different but the guy from bikeexif rode it and said it doesn't feel exactly like the monster engine.

kawasaki-ninja-h2-carbon-race.jpg

Sexy. Kawasaki H2

Fucking disgusting looking. :<

Interesting. Is that a triple or I4? I can't tell.

Going by the shot and the dyno clip, it's an i4.

I went for a three hour ride yesterday and I have my neck muscles nice and stiff this morning. I have not been on a long ride in a few months and you really feel it when you not bike fit.

that ride you did looks awesome

I know what you mean! I find if I ever slack off with working out I feel a bit more sluggish on the bike. Also, without fail, at the start of the season my clutch wrist gets screwed up for the first few rides :p

As batshit insane as the H2 looks, at least Kawasaki are trying something different. I'm interested to see how the road version looks.

Ducati Scrambler looks great. Pricing will make or break it though as that was the downfall of the SportsClassic.

Hehe, yeah I'd say that's an improvement.

If they keep this up though they're going to have quite a confusingly huge range of bikes on offer. What's the point of this R1200R for instance when they already have the RNineT? Different seat and headlight?

Hehe, yeah I'd say that's an improvement.

If they keep this up though they're going to have quite a confusingly huge range of bikes on offer. What's the point of this R1200R for instance when they already have the RNineT? Different seat and headlight?

The RNineT is a full custom bike in there eyes and they not going to build loads of them. They are also expensive where the R1200R is the naked boxer bike that is not that expensive. They will then have two naked bikes... one with the boxer engine and one with the four cyl engine.

They must not expect much from the RNineT then in that case, yeah. I imagine (if it's actually going to be cheaper) that something like this R1200R will definitely eat into possible RNineT sales.

Dougald

Striking.... I like it a lot but I think a lot of people won't

Unfortunately it'll probably be well out of my price range as it's got a BMW badge on it

edit: posted on ADVrider:

flavrPz.jpg

Dougald

I'm sure it'll drive more sales of the accessory exhausts.... which surely isn't what Kawasaki wants

I'm more partial to the 650 anyway. Though in terms of small adventure bikes I really want to try the V-Strom 650

Some more info

With its supercharged, 998cc, inline four cylinder engine, the H2R will make 300 horsepower. Let that thought sink in for a minute. Marc Marquez's championship-leading MotoGP bike is some 30 horsepower shy of that figure. This, Kawasaki tells us, is not some conceptual flight of fancy, it's a production machine – and the only one from a major manufacturer to feature forced induction for many years.

It will not, however, be road legal. The H2R will be a track special, with its H2 roadgoing brother to be revealed at EICMA in November

Duderz

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-ducati-2015-scrambler-20140924-story.html

Ducati unveils a retro-cool 2015 Scrambler

Ducati has ripped the wraps on a top secret, years-in-the-making, seen-here-for-the-first-time, new motorcycle. It’s the 2015 Scrambler.

The company gave us a sneak peek, and let us shoot some pictures and video, a week before it made its debut on September 30.

The new sport bike – the luxe Italian manufacturer’s first new entry level platform since it introduced the Monster, and designed specifically with the U.S. market in mind – will be in stores in March 2015 with an MSRP of $8595.

The Scrambler is an upright, midweight urban road bike with classic lines -- a "post-heritage" design that is a throwback to earlier Ducati days: The Scrambler was a successful 250cc, 350cc and 450cc single in the 1960s and ‘70s.

The new one sports an 800cc L-Twin engine, based on elements from the Monster 796 and the Hypermotard 796. It's water- and air-cooled and fuel-injected, and puts out 75HP and 50 foot-pounds of torque.

That power plant chain-drives a 17-inch rear wheel through a 6-speed transmission, for a total package that weighs only 375 pounds dry. Suspension (adjustable in the rear) is by Kayaba, brake calipers are by Brembo, and the knobby-look Pirelli MT60RS were developed especially for this model.

The retro styling attached to that modern machinery includes the sensously rounded steel tank, flat, wide seat, high, wide bars, chopped front fender and period-perfect headlight bucket and speedometer housing.

The instrument "panel" is simple, single, and round, just like something off a 60s or 70s scrambler. Even the color -- "62 Yellow" -- is a nod to a year in Ducati's rear-view mirror.

But there is much more here that’s new. Two-channel ABS braking wasn't available on scramblers in the 60s, but it is standard here. Note the off-set rear single shock absorber, and note that the spring is not yellow – a Ducati signature. Note the rear mudguard, which is also a common modern Ducati feature.

Happily, for owners of older Ducatis, weary of the expensive and frequent maintenance schedules, this one allows 8,000 miles between dealer visits.

Other companies are having some success with similar strategies. Triumph has reinvigorated itself with strong sales of the retro-styled Bonneville, Thruxton and Scrambler. MotoGuzzi has kept a toehold in the market by maintaining its old-fashioned Italian lines. And BMW’s popular new rNineT owes some of its appeal the stripped down, spare classicism – though that bike costs considerably more than the others.

And Ducati has done very well with its Monster line – which was originally designed to bring new riders into the brand, which otherwise might have seemed too exotic, or too expensive, for the average Joe. More than 50% of all Ducatis sold are the lower-priced Monster -- more than 290,000 of the little monsters sold since they were .

Those percentages could look a lot different, a year from now. I think Joe’s gonna like the Scrambler a lot.

Well, there it is.

ScreenShot2014-09-30at91013AM_zps57c9acb3.png

Damn you Duderz I was about to post that. I really want to hear what the bike sounds like now. I'm digging the fender on the green one a lot.

Duderz

Banned

I think it's a lovely bike. Cheaper than the Triumph, more HP than the Triumph, lighter, better brakes, more than likely better suspension....well done, Ducati. I'd probably take the Classic model....with the Termignoni exhaust of course!

EDIT: Even more pictures here: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/09/ducati-scrambler-intermot-2014-149713

EDIT2: From Cycleworld:

The new Scrambler tips the scale at 375 lb. dry, and it comes in four versions: Scrambler Icon ($8495), Urban Enduro ($9995), Scrambler Full Throttle ($9995), and Scrambler Classic ($9995), each boasting distinctive touches that evoke memories. However you feel about this bike, the new Scrambler is a big investment for Ducati, and it will be built in Bologna as well as in Thailand and at the Ducati’s new production facility in Brazil. In a time when superbike sales are slumping, the Scrambler will likely be responsible for bringing a good share of the bread and butter home.

Dougald

I think the Scrambler is cooler than a Bonnie... and if that &#8364;8000 translates to < £7000 as it probably should, this is probably the most affordable Ducati ever

I'm going to have to go to the Motorcycle Show in November and see one for myself. I think I want one. That license plate placement is frankly a thing of beauty.

I think the Scrambler is cooler than a Bonnie... and if that €8000 translates to < £7000 as it probably should, this is probably the most affordable Ducati ever

I'm going to have to go to the Motorcycle Show in November and see one for myself. I think I want one. That license plate placement is frankly a thing of beauty.

Agreed... this is going to be a sweet little machine. I like what they did with the pipes flowing on the one side.

Top Bottom